Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
i think if i was a cop i would just back out rather than confront. No sense risking your career or freedom just to arrest some slime ball.
Agree!
Just add the charges of resisting arrest and fleeing officers to the charges.
Maybe some of the stupid :poop:s will commit suicide once they are cornered.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Better 100 guilty men go free than allow the police to execute citizens at will, or something like that.
I hear you. My point is more towards the critical decisions police have to make, they can’t win. If they let someone go and they injure or kill someone, they will be blamed. They cannot win. Soon enough we will have truly incompetent people doing that job because no one is gonna want to. It used to be an honorable, coveted position. Won’t be for long. Then we’ll all be sorry.

wilberforce15

What’s wrong with that? Let the guy run away. They knew who he was, where he lived, go get him another time.
because there is nothing more dangerous than a fleeing criminal.

They get scared. They act with paranoia. They hurt bystanders. They take hostages.

That's why shooting an unarmed fleeing felon in the back is legal in all 50 states. It's universally known to be an incredibly dangerous situation.

PT Car Washer

because there is nothing more dangerous than a fleeing criminal.

They get scared. They act with paranoia. They hurt bystanders. They take hostages.

That's why shooting an unarmed fleeing felon in the back is legal in all 50 states. It's universally known to be an incredibly dangerous situation.
A hanging air freshener is now a felony? In all 50 states?

wilberforce15

deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others.
Yes, and any fleeing felon can be rightly assumed to pose significant threat of death or bodily harm to others.

That's because there is nobody more irrational and dangerous than an actively escaping felon.