Box Ox

He wasn't given a death sentence.

If you pull away from an officer, with your back turned, getting into a car or able to reach into one, i don't care if they shoot you 1000 times.
The officer yelled "TASER" multiple times before she accidentally shot the guy. She wasn't in fear for her life. She was trying to bring him into compliance. I understand that you'd be fine with that being a purposeful outcome. I just don't have the same beliefs on it.

wilberforce15

The officer yelled "TASER" multiple times before she accidentally shot the guy. She wasn't in fear for her life. She was trying to bring him into compliance. I understand that you'd be fine with that being a purposeful outcome. I just don't have the same beliefs on it.
A taser is a potentially lethal weapon, and everyone knows it. If she had no taser, and used a gun on purpose, it would've been justified.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Agree to disagree. Resisting arrest doesn't carry a death sentence in court and shouldn't on the street either. And I think she did do wrong. She made a big mistake. That doesn't make her a racist, a white devil, etc. But she did. The justice system will work as it should.

He might have had a pipe bomb in the car. It was worth not taking that risk. Smh.

rod

Retired 22 years
Indeed. She'll be convicted of involuntary manslaughter and do some time in jail because the evidence is clear-cut.

Hope the hard left will want to fund better officer training so this doesn't happen again in the future.
I predict she won't do any time. It was an accident--- a stupid stupid accident.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
1618348051547.png

Box Ox

Yes, we know you hold elected official's lives as more important than anyone else's.
It'd be a very bad time for the Country if the President/Vice President of the United States and members of the US Congress received the same level of protection as the average citizen specifically because they are elected federal officials.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It'd be a very bad time for the Country if the President/Vice President of the United States and members of the US Congress received the same level of protection as the average citizen specifically because they are elected federal officials.

Their level of protection is not the issue.

vantexan

A taser is a potentially lethal weapon, and everyone knows it. If she had no taser, and used a gun on purpose, it would've been justified.
I may have missed something. Did the young man throw punches, attack the officers, attempt to grab their weapons? It was an accidental shooting, which suggests the officer didn't feel it had risen to the level of needing to stop him by shooting him. Do we really want officers deciding to execute people on the street because they are irritated that a kid acted out? Someday it could be your kid who gets angry with a cop and the cop decides that's not acceptable and kills him.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I may have missed something. Did the young man throw punches, attack the officers, attempt to grab their weapons? It was an accidental shooting, which suggests the officer didn't feel it had risen to the level of needing to stop him by shooting him. Do we really want officers deciding to execute people on the street because they are irritated that a kid acted out? Someday it could be your kid who gets angry with a cop and the cop decides that's not acceptable and kills him.
Except the kid acting out is not what happened, the kid was placed in handcuffs, fought off the cops and tried to flee in his car