vantexan

She bought a $2mil home in 2004. That’s not crazy.
Depends. Does she have a mortgage or did she buy it outright? 65 year olds probably on average don't get a mortgage at that age. Her overall net worth isn't that high either considering such a purchase. Next you'll tell me it's perfectly legit that Biden has multiple multimillion dollar properties.

It will be fine

Depends. Does she have a mortgage or did she buy it outright? 65 year olds probably on average don't get a mortgage at that age. Her overall net worth isn't that high either considering such a purchase. Next you'll tell me it's perfectly legit that Biden has multiple multimillion dollar properties.
Do you believe she was homeless before that purchase?

It will be fine

I'm saying it looks highly suspicious for even a somewhat high salaried government employee to have a multimillion dollar home in Bel Air. Ask Harry Reid about his very lucrative real estate deals in Nevada. Maybe he gave her advice.
You want it to look suspicious so you believe it is. A married couple with 2 high earners owning a $2 mil home in their 60s is not totally out of whack.

oldngray

nowhere special
Judge Peter Cahill said comments by Rep. Maxine Waters over the weekend could lead to the trial of former police officer Derek Chauvin being overturned on appeal.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

• Derek Chauvin's defense attorney Eric Nelson called for a mistrial after the jury retired on Monday
  • He cited Rep Maxine Waters' comments on the case as he argued that there was no way the jury could be unbiased given constant media coverage
  • 'Now that we have US representatives threatening acts of violence in relation to this trial it’s frankly mind-blowing,' Nelson said
  • Judge Peter Cahill replied: 'I grant you Congresswoman Waters may have handed you grounds for appeal and the turning over of this trial'
  • But Cahill refused to grant a mistrial and adjourned the court until the jury comes back with a verdict

oldngray

nowhere special

• Derek Chauvin's defense attorney Eric Nelson called for a mistrial after the jury retired on Monday
  • He cited Rep Maxine Waters' comments on the case as he argued that there was no way the jury could be unbiased given constant media coverage
  • 'Now that we have US representatives threatening acts of violence in relation to this trial it’s frankly mind-blowing,' Nelson said
  • Judge Peter Cahill replied: 'I grant you Congresswoman Waters may have handed you grounds for appeal and the turning over of this trial'
  • But Cahill refused to grant a mistrial and adjourned the court until the jury comes back with a verdict
The defense attorney has been kind of hit or miss during the trial but he really nailed it during the closing arguments. It was just him and 1 assistant against a high priced team of 14 layers for the prosecution. The judge didn't do much to help the defense either.

newfie

The defense attorney has been kind of hit or miss during the trial but he really nailed it during the closing arguments. It was just him and 1 assistant against a high priced team of 14 layers for the prosecution. The judge didn't do much to help the defense either.
i thought it was an extremely detailed understandable presentation

Box Ox

So the trial wasn’t moved out of Minneapolis, the jury wasn’t sequestered and Maxine is now making threats. She gets what she wants either way. Riots if there’s a not guilty verdict and riots if a guilty verdict is overturned on appeal.

oldngray

nowhere special

This cracks me up. She might want to binge watch a season of any court TV show and pick up a few pointers. Lol.
When they have to play the "common sense" card it means they don't have facts to support their argument.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Maxine Shut Your Mouth Waters AKA Moms Mabley was leveling veiled threats against the jurors . Which begs the question why hasn't she been band from social media ?