The Express employee massacre continues.

bacha29

So you think it’s bad for the company to redesign its structure to fit the market because it didn’t redesign its structure before the market changed. Makes perfect sense.
Isn't the development of accurate market forecasts designed to identify new market trends and to shape and adjust company operations in preparation for having the opportunity to capitalize on those new market trends ahead of the competition one of the key responsibilities of senior and executive level management ?

If not then you have what you have here. Clueless as to the direction the industry is headed, so you undertake the most radical action possible just so you don't miss anything simply because you're late getting started doing what you don't know what you're doing.

Very much like a line from "Ambitious" by the late Jeff Beck:

" I'm not sure what it is I must have,,,, so I guess I'll just take everything".

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Isn't the development of accurate market forecasts designed to identify new market trends and to shape and adjust company operations in preparation for having the opportunity to capitalize on those new market trends ahead of the competition one of the key responsibilities of senior and executive level management ?

If not then you have what you have here. Clueless as to the direction the industry is headed, so you undertake the most radical action possible just so you don't miss anything simply because you're late getting started doing what you don't know what you're doing.

" I'm not sure what it is I must have,,,, so I guess I'll just take everything".
You keep making vague assertions that, because Ground originated from RPS, that the business model is so rigid that it can’t adapt, or be adapted.

This dilemma only exists in your mind.

Serf

embark on a radical restructuring with no clear idea as to how to go about doing it or whether or not it's even going to work.
I did find that odd too. Like hey; BIG changes coming!!! Although, we don’t exactly know when or how, but yeah, merger and stuff guys. Blah, blah. Cut costs, park planes, get rid of execs. Flights still suck, americas most wanted won’t even work at the hubs.

bbsam

Staff member
I did find that odd too. Like hey; BIG changes coming!!! Although, we don’t exactly know when or how, but yeah, merger and stuff guys. Blah, blah. Cut costs, park planes, get rid of execs. Flights still suck, americas most wanted won’t even work at the hubs.
This is how they’ve rolled out everything at Ground for the last five years. Guess who gets blamed when it falls apart.🤣

It will be fine

Why wouldn’t you redesign your pay structure as generations change. You obviously know people need sick days , because people get sick. They shouldn’t have to worry about missing a days pay to pay rent.
Emotionally people need breaks to recharge the work batteries. It’s called payed vacations.
This isn’t directed all to you , but contractors in general.
The world is changing and companies need to change with it.
That make sense ?

The market will dictate wages

It will be fine

So now you’re mad they didn’t perfectly predict market changes early enough to satisfy you. Corporate execs should have made some undefined changes in some undefined time or else any adjustments are too late. You aren’t even trying to make sense.

The strength of the contractor model is its flexibility. FedEx just sorts boxes. How they get delivered to different segments of the market is a problem they can pass off to contractors. Those contractors can come up with their own solutions that work in their specific market. They don’t need a one size fits all solution.

Your argument is bad and you should feel bad.

MAKAVELI

Banned
So now you’re mad they didn’t perfectly predict market changes early enough to satisfy you. Corporate execs should have made some undefined changes in some undefined time or else any adjustments are too late. You aren’t even trying to make sense.

The strength of the contractor model is its flexibility. FedEx just sorts boxes. How they get delivered to different segments of the market is a problem they can pass off to contractors. Those contractors can come up with their own solutions that work in their specific market. They don’t need a one size fits all solution.

The strength of the contractor model was cheap labor, not flexibility. That strength of cheap labor has now been exposed and on its last leg. UPS has adjusted to every market condition with a well paid all employee union workforce. You're just trying to justify your existence in the scam of the contractor model. Btw they do just sort packages. They directly manage you and your drivers.

bacha29

Isn't that what executives and their executive level compensation are supposed to do? Be one step ahead of the market? Instead in crisis mode they roll out this convoluted ball of confusion and simply say to contractors....."Here it is Pal. You figure it out"

Now if you're lucky enough to be close to the airport ( and Raj thinks everybody is) there's a chance that the air box will be on your Ground trucks and out the door at the same time of day they always were.

But if you're trying to truck air box back to station from an airport 100+ miles away and still make the necessary out the door at 8AM with 200+mile routes to run what do you think the percentage chances are of achieving that little feat is going to be?

But this too is a contractor problem that requires a contractor solution. And if you can't perform this little Herculean feat the last word you'll read is the four letter one starting with the word E posted above the door you'll be going out of for the last time.

bacha29

The strength of the contractor model was cheap labor, not flexibility. That strength of cheap labor has now been exposed and on its last leg. UPS has adjusted to every market condition with a well paid all employee union workforce. You're just trying to justify your existence in the scam of the contractor model. Btw they do just sort packages. They directly manage you and your drivers.
Every single aspect of it is subjected to the full and complete control of the parent company. We all know that. IWBF keeps trying to deny that reality and that's the worst thing he can do to himself.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The strength of the contractor model was cheap labor, not flexibility. That strength of cheap labor has now been exposed and on its last leg.
It's Bacha Jr!!!!

The flexibility is the ability to use FedEx employees to preserve service, as needed, on higher margin products and to handle other issues that might arise beyond whatever volume and area they'd cover in a colocation.

Last edited:

59 Dano

UPS has adjusted to every market condition with a well paid all employee union workforce.
You keep repeating this.

How does FedEx going to an all employee model make FedEx more successful? "UPS does it" is not an answer. I'm asking you, and you specifically, how an all employee model is better for the company's performance.

Gone fishin

Hasn't started in Nashville. What about the other places that it's already running?

59 Dano

It hasn't started in Nashville. It hasn't even started in that market yet. The first station in that market to do this will be Clarksville, TN.