The Lets Get Rid Of Our Cops Movement

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
How many jewellers who had their stores trashed in San Francisco were standing out front with their personal weapons when it happened?
When did that happen before? I was at a mall recently that had a Neiman Marcus, Rolex, and all kinds of high end stores including those high end pocket books. Not an armed guard to be seen.
Banditos are common down south and they’re used to them. So they are prepared. We’ll get there.

vantexan

When did that happen before? I was at a mall recently that had a Neiman Marcus, Rolex, and all kinds of high end stores including those high end pocket books. Not an armed guard to be seen.
Banditos are common down south and they’re used to them. So they are prepared. We’ll get there.
That's what I'm saying. That at the rate it's going it'll soon be a common sight to see armed guards. This smash-and-grab robbing won't go away otherwise.

rod

Retired 23 years

Babagounj

Strength through joy
On to the question of why cops are sent to suicide calls.
Many will say that only social workers should be sent on these calls , since it is a mental health issue.
But statistics show that most suicides are done by a weapon.
This puts the social worker in grave danger.
Now you have a situation of a deranged person who now has another victim to "take with them".
So normally the first thing the social worker would do is to call the cops.
As the minutes tick by anything can happen.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
More police, gun crazed, shoot first ask questions later, then claim, "I was scared" to justify multiple officers unloading multiple clips and invoke qualified immunity when sued.
We have yet to hear how many shots they fired at a suspect that had no firearm but given police history it's probably 10-20 rounds.
Abolish police...no. Stop police violence...yes!