The NBA Game of Today

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Eli is Bradys kryptonite
it was a lot to with with coaching in those games and fantastical plays. if Brady had those 2 other rings we would still have Garappolo. and the dynasty would continue.

i fear we have seen the end of Pats dominance. oh , well. another Greek tragedy.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
it was a lot to with with coaching in those games and fantastical plays. if Brady had those 2 other rings we would still have Garappolo. and the dynasty would continue.

i fear we have seen the end of Pats dominance. oh , well. another Greek tragedy.
After the death of Len Bias, we were all sad , but never new the ramifications it brought !! You never know

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
After the death of Len Bias, we were all sad , but never new the ramifications it brought !! You never know
i know. the Lenny Bias thing was like a curse. Things really changed after that. I kept the Boston Globe for the headline for this as we were still living near Boston at the time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Take rings out of it, Marino’s and Tarkenton’s numbers were amazing and light years ahead of their time for the era they played in and the surrounding cast.
Yeah but at the same time the athletes were smaller and slower and defensive schemes were basic af compared to now.

That's why basketball and football are so hard to compare. Games have changed so much.

Brett Favre was a god at one point. I really believe he'd be a slightly above average qb in today's game. He turned it over way too much for the game now.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yeah but at the same time the athletes were smaller and slower and defensive schemes were basic af compared to now.

That's why basketball and football are so hard to compare. Games have changed so much.

Brett Favre was a god at one point. I really believe he'd be a slightly above average qb in today's game. He turned it over way too much for the game now.
Defense was also allowed to hit then too. For example you could complete a pass over the middle but expect your receiver to get hit for doing it. Not a play you would want to run too often. Plus the offensive line was a lot more limited in its ability to hold.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Rings ,, to the bottom of my list
Off to the pit of misery !!
Dilly Dilly
well , having rings should not carry so much weight because these are team sports. but it does help define a winner. look at Joe Montana when he went to kansas city. one win away from another super bowl with a mediocre club.

there are ton of examples of super stars that dwelled in the bottom of their divisions because of the team around them. i have to give credit to James for that. with Love out he did almost singlehandedly will the Cavs into the finals.

Covemastah

well , having rings should not carry so much weight because these are team sports. but it does help define a winner. look at Joe Montana when he went to kansas city. one win away from another super bowl with a mediocre club.

there are ton of examples of super stars that dwelled in the bottom of their divisions because of the team around them. i have to give credit to James for that. with Love out he did almost singlehandedly will the Cavs into the finals.
I was just spreading love to the guys who measure rings
Ted Williams ,,, no ring , still the greatest hitter who ever played

Covemastah

Look at this guy 11 nba titles
2 ncaa titles
1 Olympic medal
Noooo this ain’t MJ
THIS IS THE REAL DEAl!! Also had Wilt by the balls