The NBA Game of Today

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Some of the elites would be able to play in any era , Ruth Mantle Williams , they’d be hitters today , don’t care who’s on the mound , same with Manning , Brady and the second best ( @MAKAVELI )
QB Montana against the hard hitting no call refs in 60’ 70’s
Great men adjust and rise to the occasion! My opinion!

oldngray

nowhere special
Some of the elites would be able to play in any era , Ruth Mantle Williams , they’d be hitters today , don’t care who’s on the mound , same with Manning , Brady and the second best ( @MAKAVELI )

Not always true. Back then the hitters would usually face the same pitcher all game even after he got tired. One manager said he paid them to pitch 9 innings so left them in. I have to wonder how many cheap hits were given up because of that.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
To me the most impressive thing about Jordan is how his game evolved.

When he was young he was a driver and flyer. The older he got the more he was a shooter

To me the most impressive thing about Jordan is how his game evolved.

When he was young he was a driver and flyer. The older he got the more he was a shooter
You sure are one double postin’ Sum’biotch.....

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

that's the whole thing. our opinions. facts back some opinions up.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not always true. Back then the hitters would usually face the same pitcher all game even after he got tired. One manager said he paid them to pitch 9 innings so left them in. I have to wonder how many cheap hits were given up because of that.
Not only that but mantle was a drunk and so was Ruth and Ruth was not a prime conditioned athlete.

Could they hit today's pitching? Yeah but not in the condition they played most of their games in.

Brownslave688

I really admire Brady. Think he's the best ever.

He wouldn't have lasted 5 years in the league of the 60's/70's.

I think baseball is probably the easiest to compare generations.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I think it’s more fun to argue this all day over politics ,,, I think Ruth
Was a fat little nut case who was a gift From God to save America’s pass time and boost American morale and what he did for kids was tremendous , i recently saw a show on him , the lines to get into Yankee Stadium at his funeral was incredible ,

Brownslave688

I think it’s more fun to argue this all day over politics ,,, I think Ruth
Was a fat little nut case who was a gift From God to save America’s pass time and boost American morale and what he did for kids was tremendous , i recently saw a show on him , the lines to get into Yankee Stadium at his funeral was incredible ,
He totally changed the game. The home run was a complete afterthought until Ruth. It's why he holds the record for Single season WAR.

What's crazy though is mike Trout looks to have a chance to give him a run for his money this year. However to even come close Trout needs to dominate in all aspects of the game to even come close to how much better of a hitter Ruth was than everyone else.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
After a few years , he learned to pass
yes, when he realized he could not win it all by himself. the greatest players lift up their teammates. A great coach like Red Auerbach taught that .Stats were not important. If Russell and Bird wanted numbers they could have had them but not the rings also .

Wilt did not learn that until it was too late.