The Postal Reform Act Of 2022

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The thing I noticed about you is that you NEVER make an original post. Always offering nothing but responses simply for the sake of making a response.. Ones that offer the same pointlessness and lack of insight.
You asked a question and I directly answered it.

You attacked me for not explaining, so I explained to you what you didn't understand.

Now you're still lashing out.
Get a grip

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If they can get approval to return and expand those services you might just see your local post office someday becoming a one stop shipping, banking and financial services center. Been talked about for quite some time.
FFS, we're in the middle of a digital decentralized finance revolution, and you're talking about post offices being banks.

LMFAO!

bacha29

Whiney little lady asks a question and then attacks people when she doesn't get an answer she likes. Ridiculous.
Is that the best you could do? it's all you could come up when you got called out on what you did and did not know (obviously a lot) about the goals and objectives behind the PFA ? You always have a response and always the same shallow and repetitive response. It's not a question of my liking or disliking the response to a question but rather with you it's always the same response . One that is always so lacking in insight and new information that it's no response at all.

bacha29

FFS, we're in the middle of a digital decentralized finance revolution, and you're talking about post offices being banks.

LMFAO!
That's right dude decentralized and expanded and if you had been paying attention the concept of the USPS being able to expand and diversify services has been openly discussed for at least the past decade. Even Ben Stein did a piece about how life in small rural towns evolved around the local post office and could if granted approval be able to offer expanded services .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Is that the best you could do? it's all you could come up when you got called out on what you did and did not know (obviously a lot) about the goals and objectives behind the PFA ? You always have a response and always the same shallow and repetitive response. It's not a question of my liking or disliking the response to a question but rather with you it's always the same response . One that is always so lacking in insight and new information that it's no response at all.
You asked what operational changes would happen as a result of changes to Medicare and pension funding.

Nothing, was my answer.
You're still bitching and moaning because you don't like it. Get a grip.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's right dude decentralized and expanded and if you had been paying attention the concept of the USPS being able to expand and diversify services has been openly discussed for at least the past decade. Even Ben Stein did a piece about how life in small rural towns evolved around the local post office and could if granted approval be able to offer expanded services .
You completely missed the point.
DeFi. Look into it geezer.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Their express operation runs 7 days a week. Standard service to all zip will remain 6 days.
The thing I noticed about you is that you NEVER make an original post. Always offering nothing but responses simply for the sake of making a response.. Ones that offer the same pointlessness and lack of insight. Now if the rest of us didn't post original content that would have nothing to do . Important since you package handlers only get normally 25 hours tops.

Now being that you're the most well informed package handler on this site, I'm surprised that you failed to notice ( not the first time) that under the bill the USPS will be free to offer just about any other product and or service for which they can get state and or federal approval provided that it's profitable to do so. There's also something else you failed to observe.

AT ONE TIME THE US POSTAL SERVICE WAS A BANK!

That's right. It was at one time a banking services company. Pretty limited in what it could offer but it did offer them.
If they can get approval to return and expand those services you might just see your local post office someday becoming a one stop shipping, banking and financial services center. Been talked about for quite some time.

So when the floor of your house trailer rusts out and you have to get something better perhaps your loan might just be obtained from the US Postal Service.
You’ve been playing Trivial Pursuit, haven’t you!?😁

bacha29

You asked what operational changes would happen as a result of changes to Medicare and pension funding.

Nothing, was my answer.
You're still bitching and moaning because you don't like it. Get a grip.
Don't you remember? You're the one who first brought up the conversion to Medicare by USPS employees.

bacha29

It doesn’t.
Out in my area the distance between Point A and Point B can be a dozen or more miles. Now if there happened to be a Smart Post stop or two between Point A and Point B an area where they would otherwise not be a cent of revenue generated, wouldn't it be worthwhile to take it? if Fat Freddy didn't think it was worth his while then why did he start to final mile the stuff himself?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Don't you remember? You're the one who first brought up the conversion to Medicare by USPS employees.
Yes, I added context to your meaningless question and answered it. Nothing is going to change. You've proceeded to bitch and moan and lash out with personal attacks because you don't like the answer.

bbsam

Staff member
Out in my area the distance between Point A and Point B can be a dozen or more miles. Now if there happened to be a Smart Post stop or two between Point A and Point B an area where they would otherwise not be a cent of revenue generated, wouldn't it be worthwhile to take it? if Fat Freddy didn't think it was worth his while then why did he start to final mile the stuff himself?
Because they are foolish and slow to adjust to market forces. The pay structure to hire the constant revolving door of new drivers who constantly have accidents and in fact threaten their ability to find insurers is something they’d rather not discuss in quarterly stock reports.

vantexan

Their express operation runs 7 days a week. Standard service to all zip will remain 6 days.
The thing I noticed about you is that you NEVER make an original post. Always offering nothing but responses simply for the sake of making a response.. Ones that offer the same pointlessness and lack of insight. Now if the rest of us didn't post original content that would have nothing to do . Important since you package handlers only get normally 25 hours tops.

Now being that you're the most well informed package handler on this site, I'm surprised that you failed to notice ( not the first time) that under the bill the USPS will be free to offer just about any other product and or service for which they can get state and or federal approval provided that it's profitable to do so. There's also something else you failed to observe.

AT ONE TIME THE US POSTAL SERVICE WAS A BANK!

That's right. It was at one time a banking services company. Pretty limited in what it could offer but it did offer them.

So when the floor of your house trailer rusts out and you have to get something better perhaps your loan might just be obtained from the US Postal Service.
So after decades of mismanagement the Post Office is going to retool and give the private delivery companies serious competition? I know you hate capitalism and love Big Government but that's a stretch even for you.

yadig

I’m gonna refinance my house with the post office and maybe look at getting a personal loan to buy some diesel for my truck.

bacha29

So after decades of mismanagement the Post Office is going to retool and give the private delivery companies serious competition? I know you hate capitalism and love Big Government but that's a stretch even for you.
The USPS is not a business. It's a public service. They're are about to receive the relief they have often said would place them on a much more equal competitive footing. With Bezos already delivering 72% of his own boxes , looking to go to common carrier. Maersek taking about trying to do some box work and XPO Logistics well positioned to go into the space the USPS needed and was deserving of a fair chance. So we'll have to wait and see what they do with it.....As for your little "Big Government" dig....it doesn't bother me....Why?....it's because you're not fooling anybody... You're just counting off the days until you open your mail box and breathe a huge sigh of relief when you find Big Government's little red white and blue Medicare card inside.

bacha29

I’m gonna refinance my house with the post office and maybe look at getting a personal loan to buy some diesel for my truck.
Go back and look at the basics of the PRA. The USPS is now free to pursue all other products and services for which they can gain regulatory approval to offer and prove themselves profitable to do. I know guys like you better than your own mothers. If the USPS can be a the best source for your borrowing needs you'll be right there to take advantage of it despite all of your laughter and snide comments.

vantexan

The USPS is not a business. It's a public service. They're are about to receive the relief they have often said would place them on a much more equal competitive footing. With Bezos already delivering 72% of his own boxes , looking to go to common carrier. Maersek taking about trying to do some box work and XPO Logistics well positioned to go into the space the USPS needed and was deserving of a fair chance. So we'll have to wait and see what they do with it.....As for your little "Big Government" dig....it doesn't bother me....Why?....it's because you're not fooling anybody... You're just counting off the days until you open your mail box and breathe a huge sigh of relief when you find Big Government's little red white and blue Medicare card inside.
I'm 100% for Medicare for the elderly. You're 100% for expanding Medicare for everyone. Greatly expanding an already huge government with no way to pay for it without printing money. It's not a dig, it's your working philosophy.

yadig

Go back and look at the basics of the PRA. The USPS is now free to pursue all other products and services for which they can gain regulatory approval to offer and prove themselves profitable to do. I know guys like you better than your own mothers. If the USPS can be a the best source for your borrowing needs you'll be right there to take advantage of it despite all of your laughter and snide comments.
I was being serious