The sales pitch is on.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Will these hybrids draw the same pension as a current full time driver? Will they make driver pay when they work inside or just when they drive?

Those details aren't in the released language so far. But based on what we have they want to pay less to drive but pay double for loading to save money? If it's split pay then it's basically a combo job.

F

Frankie's Friend

I always wondered how to crawl out of the woodwork.
20180628_223655.jpg

It's all about methods.

Coldworld

We will see how strict that 25% limit is. I do like that part. It limits the use of 224 drivers in place of rpcd.
I think it’s two high of a number... ups already said they aren’t even sure if they are going to continue sat driving ... so now these hybrids are going to drive 5 days a week....ups wanted the sat help.. think they need to keep their driving work centered toward those two days unless there’s an emergency or something on a weekday...I totally see ups exploiting this language guys...

Box Ox

Can anybody still here tell me why we need lesser paid 22.4 drivers? @Tony Q stomped off and is giving me the silent treatment over my decertification question. Are UPS profits in danger if full rate drivers are not curtailed?!

Coldworld

Only thing I like out of all that crap is no more outside hires.

Still SOOOOOOO many loop holes in that weak language.
542... even if this passes in some form there will still be areas that won’t be able to get people from inside our ranks to do these jobs... they will have to hire from the outside...there are just too many variables about these jobs... but I definitely don’t like that there probably isn’t any language to state that they can’t use them for 5 days of straight driving.... that’s not ok.. if we agree to this hybrid it’s so their main job is inside to help with the high pt turnover and if available then maybe get a day or maybe 2 of driving... if there’s no language in there pertaining to that then I’m voting NO....

The Driver

I drive.
And a few years later you made the same rate as the rest of the drivers.

These guys and gals will be $6 behind us.

And you can bet that in future contracts that $6 gap will widen.

Bottom line? NO! They'll never get a yes vote from me if the people doing the same job will never make what top scale full-timers make. PERIOD!

Box Ox

542... even if this passes in some form there will still be areas that won’t be able to get people from inside our ranks to do these jobs... they will have to hire from the outside...

Lower 22.4 pay and fewer protections certainly wouldn’t help recruitment efforts.

Philo Bedo

542... even if this passes in some form there will still be areas that won’t be able to get people from inside our ranks to do these jobs... they will have to hire from the outside...there are just too many variables about these jobs... but I definitely don’t like that there probably isn’t any language to state that they can’t use them for 5 days of straight driving.... that’s not ok.. if we agree to this hybrid it’s so their main job is inside to help with the high pt turnover and if available then maybe get a day or maybe 2 of driving... if there’s no language in there pertaining to that then I’m voting NO....
So what happens if all inside part timers in a building turn it down and they hire several of the street, will these off the street hires bump the part timers off their shift?