The sales pitch is on.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I’m not hard selling anything. You were all nice to me just a couple weeks ago. No you just went all bipolar on me. I’m cool with this, because that is how the members can be. I hope you are alright. You flipped 360 degrees. You can go and read through my posts and they are very consistent. I’ve been kind to you, yet you tell me not to post here. All because I have an opinion. Take a look at yourself. There is an issue. I’m not to blame for what your seek or are missing.
Not trying to attack you like some other people might be doing....but 360 degrees would be full circle so you're implying he is being nice to you. I believe you mean 180.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It depends on which employees you are talking about. Drivers, who will make over 36 an hour after four years, with twenty something in additional fringe benefits? Now if you are talking about the part timers I understand the logic, to a certain extent.
So if a supervisor is caught delivering ground, what is the penalty? Is it paid at “old” ground rate of $36 an hour or is it paid at “econo” 22.4 rate of $30 an hour? What about an air driver that touches ground?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody straight up hired or will hire a troll farm to sell this thing. Seriously. Sounds stupid but online misinformation is cheap, easy and it works. And there’s a hell of a lot of money at stake.
Hackers from India?

542thruNthru

Those details aren't in the released language so far. But based on what we have they want to pay less to drive but pay double for loading to save money? If it's split pay then it's basically a combo job.

I've been told by my BA who honestly hasn't been wrong yet about what's coming out that they will be paid the same rate no matter what they do.

Also in the west they will draw the same FT pension and contribute the same as a FT. That's what my local seems to love.

MAKAVELI

I've been told by my BA who honestly hasn't been wrong yet about what's coming out that they will be paid the same rate no matter what they do.

Also in the west they will draw the same FT pension and contribute the same as a FT. That's what my local seems to love.
Hopefully you guys have some outside hires. I'd apply in a heartbeat.:happy2:

specter208

Regular FT Driver spots safe - check

Protection of OT for FT Drivers not on 9.5 should be next

Number of 22.4 should be lower like 10-15% atleast for a 1-2 year trial period

also what happens to Cover Drivers and Air drivers. When a FT Driver goes calls in, who takes his route? A 22.4 or a Cover Driver?

542thruNthru

So what happens if all inside part timers in a building turn it down and they hire several of the street, will these off the street hires bump the part timers off their shift?

Don't know if this is a serious question but I'd have to say yes they would. FT works before PT. That's how it's been here. Of course it would still go by seniority on who was sent home in PT.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I’m not hard selling anything. You were all nice to me just a couple weeks ago. No you just went all bipolar on me. I’m cool with this, because that is how the members can be. I hope you are alright. You flipped 360 degrees. You can go and read through my posts and they are very consistent. I’ve been kind to you, yet you tell me not to post here. All because I have an opinion. Take a look at yourself. There is an issue. I’m not to blame for what your seek or are missing.
Was never nice to you from the start and have been consistent ever since. If your opinion is that this contract is necessary to keep UPS competitive by getting 22.4's at a cheaper rate you are wrong. UPS profits every year with margins that are respectable, now you telling us the future behold a different path, that is not true again that is your opinion not fact. It does not matter how much we make or that we make 3 times that of DHL, USPS or Amazon, it matters that we provide a good service that customers are willing to pay the cost of doing bussiness. So keep bringing up your opinion as you would want me to believe it is factual but in reality it is not. Sorry to upset you now you will respond like any other liberal Democrat and say how I am wrong for calling you out on what you have said, ready go.

542thruNthru

Regular FT Driver spots safe - check

Protection of OT for FT Drivers not on 9.5 should be next

Number of 22.4 should be lower like 10-15% atleast for a 1-2 year trial period

also what happens to Cover Drivers and Air drivers. When a FT Driver goes calls in, who takes his route? A 22.4 or a Cover Driver?

BA told us that 22.4 will be replacing PT cover drivers (In our area). Also FT seniority trumps PT seniority here. So a 22.4 would get the work before a cover driver even if there were a few left.

So all a 22.4 is, is a Cover driver that they can still make work in the hub any day/night they want. Sorry but this job is a joke and it annoys me how many FT drivers don't care. Do you people not remember the crap you went through to get where you are. This will slow down real FT job creation to a crawl.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Was never nice to you from the start and have been consistent ever since. If your opinion is that this contract is necessary to keep UPS competitive by getting 22.4's at a cheaper rate you are wrong. UPS profits every year with margins that are respectable, now you telling us the future behold a different path, that is not true again that is your opinion not fact. It does not matter how much we make or that we make 3 times that of DHL, USPS or Amazon, it matters that we provide a good service that customers are willing to pay the cost of doing bussiness. So keep bringing up your opinion as you would want me to believe it is factual but in reality it is not. Sorry to upset you now you will respond like any other liberal Democrat and say how I am wrong for calling you out on what you have said, ready go.
You can post whatever you like @Tony Q, but the responses you may get you may not like. Unfortunately the constitution can not be negotiated and as long as I live in the Great USA I will always have the freedom of speech. You could simply ignore us or not post subject matter that could engage conversation you deem negative or as you call it bipolar which makes no sense to me. We all disagree with each other some take it more personally then others. Hey I admit I have been there before and will probably be there again.

twoweeled

BA told us that 22.4 will be replacing PT cover drivers (In our area). Also FT seniority trumps PT seniority here. So a 22.4 would get the work before a cover driver even if there were a few left.

So all a 22.4 is, is a Cover driver that they can still make work in the hub any day/night they want. Sorry but this job is a joke and it annoys me how many FT drivers don't care. Do you people not remember the crap you went through to get where you are. This will slow down real FT job creation to a crawl.
I hope you're wrong and FT drivers do care. This has often been one of the ways they pass these contracts. Divide and pass it. "Doesn't hurt me! What do I care." They've divided full time and part time. They've divided active and retirees in the last contract. Now here we go again! Hooray for me, and who cares about anyone else. The membership just doesn't stick together. Hasn't for a very long time. Let's see what happens. The fact that the company plays us like stupid monkeys annoys me. Let's see what happens.

twoweeled

What exactly defines RPCD?

Obviously, those who are current bid drivers or split (cover) drivers...but what about tcd drivers where they are used?
Nothing is obvious in these contracts. The only thing that's obvious, is you obviously haven't been in a meeting with a Labor Manager who along with everyone else reads a couple of VERY clear and concise sentences and says; "that's not the way we see it".
To me, just reading a slightly different way of referencing a driver has me wondering what they have planned. I don't think they'll abide by what we think we're reading. I think this will get twisted. The local will tell you to work as directed, and they are trying to get it fixed. That's just my guess. Purely a guess. I think they will soon need a full crew 7 days a week. No light days. I don't think this gives them that. Just my thoughts.

F

Frankie's Friend

It's not our fault info is seeping out slowly nor is it
our fault there's nothing to read except for your assertions.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When you go back to the table things get changed around.... I remember local 89 in the last Contract. They lost a $1,000 dollar bonus by voting it down the second time.
So are you saying there's a bonus and we might lose it if we vote no?

... Or are you saying we should vote no so they'll offer a $1000 bonus like they did when local 89 voted no?