The sales pitch is on.

Tony Q

Can anybody still here tell me why we need lesser paid 22.4 drivers? @Tony Q stomped off and is giving me the silent treatment over my decertification question. Are UPS profits in danger if full rate drivers are not curtailed?!
And your decertification comment makes me not like you, respectfully. Thinking I stomped off is a way to try and get more information out of me. It’s people like you after a lifetime of sacrifice that make me question why I hung on so long. You are that member.

Box Ox

It’s people like you after a lifetime of sacrifice that make me question why I hung on so long. You are that member.

ou2ihf.jpg

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
@Tony Q let me ask you this , respectfully, I don’t know anyone who thinks this is a “good” contract so far.. I understand many more details to come, but my question is this , if it is voted down , do you think this is there last , best , and final offer ?

Box Ox

It’s people like you after a lifetime of sacrifice that make me question why I hung on so long.

Are you saying you’ve kinda given up anyway and the Contract is sorta whatever at this point? Think you’ve described it as something like “It is what it is” in previous posts?

Wouldn’t be shameful. Hoffa’s aready there.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Read the part where they say if work is available, hence route is cut no work no 8hrs available. Needs to be changed to will work all route drivers 8 hrs a day 5 consecutive days a week.

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
So what happens if all inside part timers in a building turn it down and they hire several of the street, will these off the street hires bump the part timers off their shift?
I think many of these buildings have a huge turnover rate... especially the larger ones...I think if a majority of the work was inside the building then maybe more pters would jump on these jobs but not if they are forced to drive 40 hours a week... still so many unanswered questions

Tony Q

@Tony Q let me ask you this , respectfully, I don’t know anyone who thinks this is a “good” contract so far.. I understand many more details to come, but my question is this , if it is voted down , do you think this is there last , best , and final offer ?
When you go back to the table things get changed around. You know your pension increase? That will probably be safe, but the part timers Pension increase, well they don’t vote anyway so I wouldn’t be surprised if that goes down. Little things like that change. I remember local 89 in the last Contract. They lost a $1,000 dollar bonus by voting it down the second time. I know, what’s a 1,000 dollars but to a part timer it would have helped. There was an issue with Part timers healthcare upon retirement that changed once things got voted down. There is a cause and an effect and consequences in everything you do. To expect everything to stay the same and get nothing but improvements it not livin in the real world. It’s negotiations. Just my two cents anyway.

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
When you go back to the table things get changed around. You know your pension increase? That will probably be safe, but the part times Pension increase, we’ll they don’t vote anyway so I wouldn’t be surprised if that goes down. Little things like that change. I remember local 89 in the last Contract. They lost a $1,000 dollar bonus by voting it down the second time. I know, what’s a 1,000 dollars but to a part timer it would have helped. There was an issue with Part timers healthcare upon retirement that changed once things got voted down. There is a cause and an effect and consequences in everything you do. To expect everything to stay the same and get nothing but improvements it not livin in the real world. It’s negotiations. Just my two cents anyway.
So your saying it could actually get worse. Lmfao. Interesting.

km3

I'm just going by what other members say on here. Very poor turnouts at the meetings.

The local union scheduled our meetings at an extraordinarily inconvenient time. 6pm on the first Tuesday of the month. Except for stewards, no drivers or PTers from the twilight shift can make it. I can't make it as busy as I am with school. But I could definitely do something on the weekend.

Sometimes I wonder if keeping members away was the whole idea...

Tony Q

So your saying it could actually get worse. Lmfao. Interesting.
This contract has something for everyone. The next one could not. If it looks like Part timers don’t vote like every other contract then why not take it from them and give it to you? You vote, right? Do the Part times in your local vote? What about scaling back their progression so that the full timers get more? If they don’t vote and a contract needs to get passed use your imagination. Do Part times need a 65 dollar a year Pension contribution for every year they work there? Can you show me any other part time job that has this? You do the math.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
When you go back to the table things get changed around. You know your pension increase? That will probably be safe, but the part timers Pension increase, well they don’t vote anyway so I wouldn’t be surprised if that goes down. Little things like that change. I remember local 89 in the last Contract. They lost a $1,000 dollar bonus by voting it down the second time. I know, what’s a 1,000 dollars but to a part timer it would have helped. There was an issue with Part timers healthcare upon retirement that changed once things got voted down. There is a cause and an effect and consequences in everything you do. To expect everything to stay the same and get nothing but improvements it not livin in the real world. It’s negotiations. Just my two cents anyway.
This contract has something for everyone. The next one could not. If it looks like Part timers don’t vote like every other contract then why not take it from them and give it to you? You vote, right? Do the Part times in your local vote? What about scaling back their progression so that the full timers get more? If they don’t vote and a contract needs to get passed use your imagination. Do Part times need a 65 dollar a year Pension contribution for every year they work there? Can you show me any other part time job that has this? You do the math.
You're a mess.....what are you suggesting?¿?¿?

F

Frankie's Friend

In plain layman's terms:

The company was attempting to buy votes and the members weren't selling so instead of respecting the Local autonomy the GP imposed the cba on them therefore eliminating their right to strike locally.

So... stay in the pen or you'll get beat with a rod.

That makes sense.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
And your decertification comment makes me not like you, respectfully. Thinking I stomped off is a way to try and get more information out of me. It’s people like you after a lifetime of sacrifice that make me question why I hung on so long. You are that member.
@Tony Q , do you have any idea how many times frontline stewards beat back the notion of decertification?

Do you care to why???

Tony Q

You're a mess.....what are you suggesting?¿?¿?
I was asked an opinion on what I thought would happen. If I gave my honest opinion your retort is I’m a mess? Okay then I guess I’m a mess. I respectfully disagree, but and totally okay with your judgment.

F

Frankie's Friend

This contract has something for everyone.
Rated G (for all audiences).

Then why are you on here hard selling an easy win for the members? This should be like the M&Ms that jump into the chocolate by themselves.

Tony Q

Rated G (for all audiences).

Then why are you on here hard selling an easy win for the members? This should be like the M&Ms that jump into the chocolate by themselves.
I’m not hard selling anything. You were all nice to me just a couple weeks ago. No you just went all bipolar on me. I’m cool with this, because that is how the members can be. I hope you are alright. You flipped 360 degrees. You can go and read through my posts and they are very consistent. I’ve been kind to you, yet you tell me not to post here. All because I have an opinion. Take a look at yourself. There is an issue. I’m not to blame for what your seek or are missing.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
That's laughable Amazon has way too much volume for one competitor to handle. But hey when it happens then I'll talk concessions and heck I'll even take a wage freeze. Until then this is all just fear-mongering to get what they want
After this contract, you won’t hear shyt about Amazon for 4 years. Same thing happened with DHL. “They are gonna take us over!”