Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
What you describe is exactly what we’ve seen in the Bay Area, even down to center manager quitting. After maxing out our 70 yesterday we were walking out of the building and quite honestly it looked like we made things worse. In 21 years I’ve never seen such a look of panic in managements face. We were told in Friday’s “70 hour” pcm that our companies future is on the line. Not exactly sure how this is our fault, anyone with any amount of experience has seen this coming all year.
Yesterday they mandated any and all non-operations personal to be dispatched to buildings near and far, had a BD guy from down south loading my truck. He said this entire year our service numbers have been the worse in the industry and that really that’s all we had over our competition. The damage to our reputation will be irreversible.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
What you describe is exactly what we’ve seen in the Bay Area, even down to center manager quitting. After maxing out our 70 yesterday we were walking out of the building and quite honestly it looked like we made things worse. In 21 years I’ve never seen such a look of panic in managements face. We were told in Friday’s “70 hour” pcm that our companies future is on the line. Not exactly sure how this is our fault, anyone with any amount of experience has seen this coming all year.
Yesterday they mandated any and all non-operations personal to be dispatched to buildings near and far, had a BD guy from down south loading my truck. He said this entire year our service numbers have been the worse in the industry and that really that’s all we had over our competition. The damage to our reputation will be irreversible.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

MrBates

At Jersey Hub we've had multiple drivers come back over 100 missed. Start time was 9 one day and we didn't get out the building till 11:30. Packages stacked and left at the bay because package cars were at full capacity. All veterans report this is the worst peak they've ever seen and its only the first week of December. Our building changed to the 70 hr rule but only a handful of drivers signed up for Saturday. Either it was poor planning, or not planning at all. Reporters are going to have a field day if we don't catch up.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Lmfao!!!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
At Jersey Hub we've had multiple drivers come back over 100 missed. Start time was 9 one day and we didn't get out the building till 11:30. Packages stacked and left at the bay because package cars were at full capacity. All veterans report this is the worst peak they've ever seen and its only the first week of December. Our building changed to the 70 he rule but only a handful of drivers signed up for Saturday. Either it was poor planning, or not planning at all. Reporters are going to have a field day if we don't catch up.
@Big Arrow Down...D ........you wanna chime in ?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
As a near 30 year employee of ups I can honestly say that that we have entered a very scary time at the Seattle hub.
Last week was a horror show of missed packages coming back with drivers, center mangers quitting, re-handle trailers getting re-handled, and a general sense of there's no way to get caught up at this point.
I don't know what's going to happen this week but at this point I don't see how this isn't going to become a national story.
The perfect storm so it seems... not enough drivers, all experienced management gone, nobody seems to have any answers on how this can turn around.

....God help us. I'm afraid ups will be something very different in the near future.

It almost feels set up with contract time and amazon's threat years ago when we dropped the ball on last min Christmas deliveries.
I hear someone actually found a nda letter addressed to Bezos in a pile of missed the other day.
Yesterday was my first saturday and when I left after 16 straight hours it seriously looked like a storm had swept through.
475113CD-CEC2-4BD6-B7D1-87371994EA4F.gif

Future

Victory Ride
At Jersey Hub we've had multiple drivers come back over 100 missed. Start time was 9 one day and we didn't get out the building till 11:30. Packages stacked and left at the bay because package cars were at full capacity. All veterans report this is the worst peak they've ever seen and its only the first week of December. Our building changed to the 70 hr rule but only a handful of drivers signed up for Saturday. Either it was poor planning, or not planning at all. Reporters are going to have a field day if we don't catch up.
Jersey? Is that even a State anymore?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The rolling has been so bad I'm considering volunteering to work the 23rd to keep Sunday completely out of the question.