UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Uhh, warm weather, rain turning to snow, turning to below freezing, Minneapolis, St. Paul, two major hubs. Both of which are so far behind at this point. Get your head out of your ass David. And guess what, it's headed your way... Arctic express to deliver cold air, wintry weather in eastern US starting later next week

The best part about cold is that you don't have to shovel it.

They are calling for rain turning to light snow showers once the cold front blows through.

budlight

hey friend* face
Cold to trigger heavy lake-effect snow

The air will get plenty cold enough to start the lake-effect snow machine as next week progresses.

Weather patterns like this in the past have produced blinding snow squalls, delivered feet of snow and shut down travel where bands of lake-effect have persisted. These conditions may develop later next week and continue through the middle of December.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Cold to trigger heavy lake-effect snow

The air will get plenty cold enough to start the lake-effect snow machine as next week progresses.

Weather patterns like this in the past have produced blinding snow squalls, delivered feet of snow and shut down travel where bands of lake-effect have persisted. These conditions may develop later next week and continue through the middle of December.

Why do you insist upon making a big deal out of nothing?

budlight

hey friend* face
I guess we shall see. You say I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I say on last Monday Minneapolis rolled 50+ trailers. Have they cleaned that up? I suspect they haven't and with the weather that could possibly roll in, it's only going to get worse.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess we shall see. You say I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I say on last Monday Minneapolis rolled 50+ trailers. Have they cleaned that up? I suspect they haven't and with the weather that could possibly roll in, it's only going to get worse.

Minneapolis is used to dealing with snow. They will get the roads cleared and we will get the stuff delivered.

People who live in lake effect areas (who, by the way, I think are crazy for doing so) are also used to dealing with it and will also get the roads cleared, perhaps not as quickly.

One of our feeder runs goes right through a major lake effect area (Watertown NY) and the DOT does their best to keep I-81 open.

BrownFlower

As a near 30 year employee of ups I can honestly say that that we have entered a very scary time at the Seattle hub.
Last week was a horror show of missed packages coming back with drivers, center mangers quitting, re-handle trailers getting re-handled, and a general sense of there's no way to get caught up at this point.
I don't know what's going to happen this week but at this point I don't see how this isn't going to become a national story.
The perfect storm so it seems... not enough drivers, all experienced management gone, nobody seems to have any answers on how this can turn around.

....God help us. I'm afraid ups will be something very different in the near future.

It almost feels set up with contract time and amazon's threat years ago when we dropped the ball on last min Christmas deliveries.
I hear someone actually found a nda letter addressed to Bezos in a pile of missed the other day.
Yesterday was my first saturday and when I left after 16 straight hours it seriously looked like a storm had swept through.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Not to worry. @TearsInRain is on the disaster recovery team.

He'll be there soon to save the day
Let's cut a couple hours off everyone's planned day so they will run faster...On a serious note, I dont think corporate cares at all. We have a group of chairmen that are just waiting their turn as CEO to spend 4-5 years padding their bank account.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
So far our center is clean. They had us run 5 hrs yesterday. Contractually only need to give 4 hrs. The feeder hub ,we have been told has 80 plus trailers being rolled. Monday and Tuesday are going to be huge with the forecast. Our building is not moved to 70 HrS yet. I figure after this week it may be. Also we will be running Saturday for the remainder of peak

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
My building was 40 loads behind as of Friday. Monday, they are forecasting 200k plus packages to go out for delivery. The most our building ever did was 180k.