THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
Opinion | The Case for Donald Trump By Someone Who Wants Him to Lose - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

"Barring a political miracle or an act of God, it is overwhelmingly likely that Donald Trump will again be the Republican Party’s nominee for president. Assuming the Democratic nominee in the fall is Joe Biden, polls show Trump with a better-than-even chance of returning to the White House next year.

Lord help us. What should those of us who have consistently opposed him do?

You can’t defeat an opponent if you refuse to understand what makes him formidable. Too many people, especially progressives, fail to think deeply about the enduring sources of his appeal — and to do so without calling him names, or disparaging his supporters, or attributing his resurgence to nefarious foreign actors or the unfairness of the Electoral College. Since I will spend the coming year strenuously opposing his candidacy, let me here make the best case for Trump that I can."

--------

"I don’t see Trump’s opponents making headway against him until they at least acknowledge the legitimacy and power of the fundamental complaint. If you’re saying it’s “Morning in America” when 77 percent of Americans think the country is on the wrong track, you’re preaching to the wrong choir — and the wrong country.

Trump’s opponents say this is the most important election of our lifetime. Isn’t it time, then, to take our heads out of the sand?"

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
1705083577120.png

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
Opinion | The Case for Donald Trump By Someone Who Wants Him to Lose - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

"Barring a political miracle or an act of God, it is overwhelmingly likely that Donald Trump will again be the Republican Party’s nominee for president. Assuming the Democratic nominee in the fall is Joe Biden, polls show Trump with a better-than-even chance of returning to the White House next year.

Lord help us. What should those of us who have consistently opposed him do?

You can’t defeat an opponent if you refuse to understand what makes him formidable. Too many people, especially progressives, fail to think deeply about the enduring sources of his appeal — and to do so without calling him names, or disparaging his supporters, or attributing his resurgence to nefarious foreign actors or the unfairness of the Electoral College. Since I will spend the coming year strenuously opposing his candidacy, let me here make the best case for Trump that I can."

--------

"I don’t see Trump’s opponents making headway against him until they at least acknowledge the legitimacy and power of the fundamental complaint. If you’re saying it’s “Morning in America” when 77 percent of Americans think the country is on the wrong track, you’re preaching to the wrong choir — and the wrong country.

Trump’s opponents say this is the most important election of our lifetime. Isn’t it time, then, to take our heads out of the sand?"

I should explain that I haven't outlined the specifics Bret points to because it's the leftists on here who likely also have New York Times subscriptions that really need to read the whole opinion piece. Moderates and Trumpees already get it.

Thebrownblob

I should explain that I haven't outlined the specifics Bret points to because it's the leftists on here who likely also have New York Times subscriptions that really need to read the whole opinion piece. Moderates and Trumpees already get it.
I tried to get them to read, but they tell me they don’t have access lol. I guess they don’t even subscribe to their own “paper of record”.

It is very easy to defeat a paywall

The only thing the left has done for four years is make Trump a victim and a martyr to both his supporters and people on the fence. And the polls reflect that. The left thinks he should losing by double digits, and in jail based on their opinion, and, throwing poop at the wall and hope something sticks legally philosophy. But somehow he is neither……

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Ashley Biden's diary. Ashley Biden's diary. Ashley Biden's diary. Ashley Biden's diary. Ashley Biden's diary. Ashley Biden's diary. Ashley Biden's diary. Ashley Biden's diary. Ashley Biden's diary. Ashley Biden's diary. Ashley Biden's diary. Ashley Biden's diary.
Do you think it's bad that Ashley Biden says her father Joe Biden molested her?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Beyond what?
Trump's talking about Iowa voting first in the primaries, because some states were trying to change that.

Trump is saying he will have a voice in the GOP beyond just his next four years as president and he wants Iowa to stay first.

The tweet is just a radical left wing lying scumbag twisting the truth for whoever they can get to fall for that silly "authoritarian" narrative they're pushing so hard.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Trump's talking about Iowa voting first in the primaries, because some states were trying to change that.

Trump is saying he will have a voice in the GOP beyond just his next four years as president and he wants Iowa to stay first.

The tweet is just a radical left wing lying scumbag twisting the truth for whoever they can get to fall for that silly "authoritarian" narrative they're pushing so hard.
Depends entirely on how successful his Presidency is. Let's hope if elected, he does well.