THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

oldngray

nowhere special
z-fun-348-1.jpg

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
Why do you think trump polls so poorly with educated people?
Does that mean going to college means you’re educated?
I think it means 10s of thousands of dollars in debt for a mostly useless piece of paper in most cases

From the Wall Street Journal today:

Why Americans Have Lost Faith in the Value of College​

“The political turmoil that rocked universities over the past three months and sparked the resignations of two Ivy League presidents has landed like an unwelcome thud on institutions already struggling to maintain the trust of the American public.

For three generations, the national aspiration to “college for all” shaped America’s economy and culture, as most high-school graduates took it for granted that they would earn a degree. That consensus is now collapsing in the face of massive student debt, underemployed degree-holders and political intolerance on campus.”

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Brings to point..Does anyone remember that poor relief worker and his family members, many of them children that were mistakenly bombed in Kabul during Biden’s Afghan withdrawal clown show?

Who really ordered the Strike in the first place?

Was it really a regional general and did he have the final say on the faulty intelligence information?

If Biden was involved why wouldn’t he be prosecuted for a War Crime. No one was disciplined or brought to trial over killing 10 innocent civilians, in fact a year after their admitted mistake the family member have not been compensated as promised.

Really brings the point of the Office of the Presidency having some protection of immunity. Kind of makes the Democrats case against Trump a scam, Trump inciting a riot compared to the Biden lead military decision of mistakenly murdering innocent woman and children..opps, sorry about that, things happen.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
From the Wall Street Journal today:

Why Americans Have Lost Faith in the Value of College​

“The political turmoil that rocked universities over the past three months and sparked the resignations of two Ivy League presidents has landed like an unwelcome thud on institutions already struggling to maintain the trust of the American public.

For three generations, the national aspiration to “college for all” shaped America’s economy and culture, as most high-school graduates took it for granted that they would earn a degree. That consensus is now collapsing in the face of massive student debt, underemployed degree-holders and political intolerance on campus.”

I recently attended an alumni party at my old College, basically it was just a fund raising event. I was one of the oldest participants there, left the College in 1980 used the old GI bill for 4 years. What struck me first was the lack of basic skills presented by their graduates. I didn’t blame the students but did some research on the faculty studied their individual works or projects. What I discovered was they were for the most part not the most skilled individuals out there, they were products of the academic community, they played the system because they fit the mold.

The whole DEI dogma was brought up in every presentation, made us old white males uncomfortable, like we were dinosaurs. The real problem with destroying or ignoring past history solely on race or gender is you replace it with mediocre work or thought. The Colleges and Universities are now run by bureaucrats who are not willing or able to be at the top of their fields. Teaching positions are filled now due to their ethnic backgrounds or their selected racial/sexual identities. (His, Her, She pronouns). Hell we did that in our recent contract language as proof of how prevalent this mindset is promoted.

There has to be a balance to level some of the playing fields, but the way things are going it will only cause resentment from those left out because their skin color was White or they identify with Judeo Christian beliefs of right and wrong.

I recently retired and will be going back to the trade I learned 45 years ago which I still participated in while I was working full time at UPS. It will be fun to navigate some of the obstacles that will be prevalent just because of my skin color or age, really looking forward to educating my younger peers. It will not work canceling skill levels or talents to lower some imaginary bars for others, it will eventually show up no matter how much you try to suppress it..

Last edited:

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.

"Trump has come under fire in recent days after comments he made during a town hall event hosted by Fox News host Sean Hannity. During the event, Hannity pressed Trump to pledge that he would never "abuse power as retribution against anybody," as had been suggested in recent reports. In response, Trump suggested that he would only behave in such a way on the first day of his hypothetical second term.

"Except for day one," Trump told Hannity. "No, no, no, other than day one. We're closing the border and we're drilling, drilling, drilling. After that, I'm not a dictator."

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra

Yeah, this was a great idea
Plus....

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Plus....
And....

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Plus....

And....