Them rear view camera feeds are recorded, in case you didn't know it.

542thruNthru

The rearview camera and monitor do not have the ability to record nor is it equipped with any sort of transmitter.

I know this for certain, I have seen them new in the box and in all sorts of pieces. Plus none of the manuals for the devices reference any sort of recording or transmission capability.

Your guy was bamboozled into confessing. If he was in the union he should have not said a thing, asserted his Weingarten rights and made them get a steward.
Thanks for clearing that load of BS up for us. I'm sure 90% knew it probably wasn't true but it's nice to have real knowledge of it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Sending GPS data is a huge difference from the bandwidth required for video streaming

Our mechanic told me the telematics uploads all at once from inside the building at a set time at night. I was under the impression that their ability to track our location real time was due to the GPS and communications from the diad.

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't know much 'bout telematics, nor the French I took. This driver did mention that they used telematics data in some way to confirm that he actually entered the driveway (where he damaged the lawn) which the center manager considers a no-no for most addresses in that service area.
Everybody sing..............

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Our mechanic told me the telematics uploads all at once from inside the building at a set time at night. I was under the impression that their ability to track our location real time was due to the GPS and communications from the diad.
Damn man---mechanics don't even know how to tighten a hand brake.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I don’t know if the video is saved indefinitely, but in this case, the center manager screened the relevant video (before to the former seasonal driver’s eyes) on his desktop computer several days later. This was in the Chesapeake region, and I will try to find out how old or new the package car was.

Which center? Inquiring minds want to know....

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Sending GPS data is a huge difference from the bandwidth required for video streaming

I pointed that out in one of my posts. The telematics transmits data back over cellular networks. It would not be cost effective to transmit a live video feed .
That was the old system prior to the G07. All those are now out of service, we had a big campaign to swap them out a few years back. The diad also has GPS but I can't see that data since we have nothing to do with the diad. Since G07 we can ping the truck on the road and see roughly where you are.
Damn man---mechanics don't even know how to tighten a hand brake.

We tighten them and then the driver loosens it up. I would probably loosen it myself if I had to set the brake over 100 times a day.

Anyway, they would have a hard time hanging one of us for a roll away because it's so easy for the brake to be taken out of adjustment after it leaves the shop. As long as it's able to be tightened we are off the hook.

Last edited:

quad decade guy

I pointed that out in one of my posts. The telematics transmits data back over cellular networks. It would not be cost effective to transmit a live video feed .

That was the old system prior to the G07. All those are now out of service, we had a big campaign to swap them out a few years back. The diad also has GPS but I can't see that data since we have nothing to do with the diad. Since G07 we can ping the truck on the road and see roughly where you are.

We tighten them and then the driver loosens it up. I would probably loosen it myself if I had to set the brake over 100 times a day.

Anyway, they would have a hard time hanging one of us for a roll away because it's so easy for the brake to be taken out of adjustment after it leaves the shop. As long as it's able to be tightened we are off the hook.
To be clear: you are mgt.?

If so/no, you are privy to all I.E. and security as well as software code of the telematics/video devices? Perhaps a software Engineer(you)?

During these campaign "swap outs', you are given technical briefings(assuming you are "just" a mechanic)? They give you time to read all the paperwork that comes with what you are installing?

Why would they want you to know about "cost effectiveness"?

Why is your GPS data "rough"? It's not exact down to 6 digits?

My experience has been hourlies get info on a need to know basis and mechanics are parts swappers. Just get it done....

Serious questions. Thanks.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
If you heard it from someone else, it is not first-hand knowledge. And, I'm not buying it, you should call your buddy a liar.
Seven years ago there was a Sup filling in for the manager at my center. I walked in to the office during preload to talk to him I seen maybe 50 squares on the computer screen looking down at the belts. We didn’t have cameras anywhere at the time. I asked people around no one had heard of that happening let alone It working while the package cars were off.
I have not heard of anything of the sort till this guys post.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Even tho I jokes about this months ago...

I still don't buy it.

The first person fired for its usage would have screamed it to the world....