Things that make you go hmmmm!

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
WAD always goes in the remarks section ALWAYS! Whenever UPS management wants something against methods rules done
Don't even bother with the remarks section. You can 100% guarantee that they can make anything typed there disappear if they need to.

Take pics with your cellphone. Put them in their own special folder and leave them for no less than 6 months.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
ups loves to shoot itself in the foot. Things would change if a news crew got a shot of this.
That would depend on where weather is causing the delays in air travel, although one can never rule out the bias media reporting on only one so-called fact and ignoring the others or mentioning it after the visuals they present does damage.

Roller252

UPS service guarantees have been suspended officially since March. No air should be late until the guarantee is reinstated and no driver should be disciplined for such. I just wasted $45 dollars sending a next day air letter last week that was delayed. Kinda sad as a driver not to be confident in the company I work for and represent.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UPS service guarantees have been suspended officially since March. No air should be late until the guarantee is reinstated and no driver should be disciplined for such. I just wasted $45 dollars sending a next day air letter last week that was delayed. Kinda sad as a driver not to be confident in the company I work for and represent.
Our new CEO is more concerned about some minorities being butthurt than things like the daily operation.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
8+ months of no service guarantee. That is just insanely pathetic for a company our size.

Sixth Punch Sense

We had some snow Friday morning, less than an inch. On the road at 910, which never happens on a Friday. 12 nda stops, on the last one received a similar message. This was at 1010 or so. Problem was there is something called Vault Health that blew up are our center, guy next to me had 31 nda stops, most Vault Health. They also paid for Saturday nda, there was a route this past Saturday with over 2500 nda stops with 2600 plus nda packages. Other side of the facility so no idea how they did it.

quad decade guy

This is why both UPS and FedEx put their air hubs in centrally located places with the least worst weather. Not the best weather.
No sir I don't think so. Nothing to do with weather. But logistics. Location location....time in transit. Modern plane systems and avionics nullify most weather. Not all but most. Kentucky has some pretty crappy weather.

oldngray

nowhere special
No sir I don't think so. Nothing to do with weather. But logistics. Location location....time in transit. Modern plane systems and avionics nullify most weather. Not all but most. Kentucky has some pretty crappy weather.
I agree to disagree. Those places were definitely picked because of weather. Not the best weather there but fewer bad weather days.

quad decade guy

I agree to disagree. Those places were definitely picked because of weather. Not the best weather there but fewer bad weather days.
I did a little reading....it was mentioned that we bought Braniffs fleet at bankruptcy and they had a major presence at Louisville as an example. We took over the leases and Louisville's economic teams worked tax incentives and such. Sort of like us buying Overnite freight. So, weather is a factor but not the main reason I believe. Logistics my man.

oldngray

nowhere special
I did a little reading....it was mentioned that we bought Braniffs fleet at bankruptcy and they had a major presence at Louisville as an example. We took over the leases and Louisville's economic teams worked tax incentives and such. Sort of like us buying Overnite freight. So, weather is a factor but not the main reason I believe. Logistics my man.
Braniff was just a bunch of worn out planes UPS picked up dirt cheap. Nothing to do with Louisville.