Thousands “offboarded” from UPS today

The second wave seems to be starting. I thought all of the 12K were already aware if they were being shown the door, but apparently not.
I think a good chunk are actually the ops management no longer needed after the company automates, with an 86k headcount reduction it's simple math you don't need as many sups

but that's a 3 year timeline

Thebrownblob

I think a good chunk are actually the ops management no longer needed after the company automates, with an 86k headcount reduction it's simple math you don't need as many sups

1717155256408.gif

upschuck

I don't know how many times this company has had too many sups, then cut too many, then not long after, hire a bunch of new ones.

Glenlake55Wally

Consider Carol Tome’s background. She was CFO at Home Depot under (probably literally under) Robert Nardelli. Robert Nardelli was Jack Welch’s sidekick at GE, but was passed over for the Big Chair when Welch retired so he went to Home Depot. Welch achieved “success” at GE by being a slash and burn guy. Slash costs and people to hit the monthly numbers at all cost. Nardelli and other Welch minions scattered and friend’ed up many other companies the same way. Today GE is withered to nothing. Hear about all the safety and other issues at Boeing lately? Compliments of Jim McNerney - another Welchie. Home Depot turned to crap 20 years ago? Robert Nardelli and Carol Tome. Do the same thing over again and get the same result. Jim Casey would be chitting pineapples if he could see what’s happened to his company.

Consider Carol Tome’s background. She was CFO at Home Depot under (probably literally under) Robert Nardelli. Robert Nardelli was Jack Welch’s sidekick at GE, but was passed over for the Big Chair when Welch retired so he went to Home Depot. Welch achieved “success” at GE by being a slash and burn guy. Slash costs and people to hit the monthly numbers at all cost. Nardelli and other Welch minions scattered and friend’ed up many other companies the same way. Today GE is withered to nothing. Hear about all the safety and other issues at Boeing lately? Compliments of Jim McNerney - another Welchie. Home Depot turned to crap 20 years ago? Robert Nardelli and Carol Tome. Do the same thing over again and get the same result. Jim Casey would be chitting pineapples if he could see what’s happened to his company.
Jack Welch is the worst thing that happened to Wall St, I hate his legacy with the passion of a thousand suns

our DM tried to talk up Six Sigma on a call the other day and I pointed out that it was for manufacturing, not service, and that the guy who pushed it to Corp America is now best know for ruining his company, so why would we adopt it?

another year I'll be passed over I suppose lol, :censored2: this place

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Jack Welch is the worst thing that happened to Wall St, I hate his legacy with the passion of a thousand suns

our DM tried to talk up Six Sigma on a call the other day and I pointed out that it was for manufacturing, not service, and that the guy who pushed it to Corp America is now best know for ruining his company, so why would we adopt it?

You’re not a team player!!!

Pullman Brown

Six Sigma?