Too many packages given!

UPSer_BC

Now that peak is over and UPS has cut off some drivers I am constantly getting around 120 packages per day to be delivered. I am rushing as fast as I can to finish and have been getting back to centre around 8-9pm. I feel as though I am overworked and working unsafe because of the pressure to finish everything. Am I allowed to bring packages back to the centre if I can’t complete them all? Lets say if I do 80 instead of 120..? My knees are starting to hurt a lot and also I would like to get home at a decent time to spend half an hour or so with my family before they go to sleep; it takes me 45 minutes to drive home from the centre...what do I do? Please help!

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I deliver 120 packages before noon my friend. Get used to it. I recommend you keep that pace for the rest of your career or they will just keep testing you with more and more.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Im glad u find this funny, because its not. Im asking a serious question, not a joke..

Most people here aren't active upsers in Canada. You'll have to talk to others in your center. I assume you have a rural route? I move between 500 and 800 packages everyday, it's hard on the body. Hydrate, eat well, stretch, don't rush, use a hand cart and the hand rails in and out. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I deliver 120 packages before noon my friend. Get used to it. I recommend you keep that pace for the rest of your career or they will just keep testing you with more and more.

Maybe he's on a long-winded country route.

Now that peak is over and UPS has cut off some drivers I am constantly getting around 120 packages per day to be delivered. I am rushing as fast as I can to finish and have been getting back to centre around 8-9pm. I feel as though I am overworked and working unsafe because of the pressure to finish everything. Am I allowed to bring packages back to the centre if I can’t complete them all? Lets say if I do 80 instead of 120..? My knees are starting to hurt a lot and also I would like to get home at a decent time to spend half an hour or so with my family before they go to sleep; it takes me 45 minutes to drive home from the centre...what do I do? Please help!

Your first mistake is that you're rushing as fast as you can. Your numbers may make management happy, but as soon as you have an accident for rushing and not following the methods, management will drop you like a hot potato. Suddenly the numbers don't matter when you rear-end a van filled with kids.

Work at a smooth, steady pace. Take lunch when you're supposed to and if you don't think you'll be back in time, message the center that you will not be able to finish your deliveries before either A) the air truck leaves or B) before your daily DOT hours run out. This may take awhile and you may miss some nights with your family but being out that long is the only way management will get the message.

Management may bother you or harass you so don't forget you have the union to fall back on. The union does NOT recognize UPS' unrealistic production numbers.

If you keep up a rushing pace, you won't last 10 years at UPS without throwing your back out or having busted up knees. The most important person at work every day is you. Worry about working and getting home safely.

Remember: management is not your friend. You are replaceable and they don't care.

Move closer to work?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So you go to 500-800 different houses/businesses a day?

Nope. You said you get 120 packages a day, so I related how many I get. I deliver 300-400 pcs a day and pick up that many or more. If you are getting 120 stops with one package a piece, that's not that much. The only way that is taking you that long to do is if you just aren't cut out for the job or you are doing a lot of driving. If you can't handle moving 120 packages a day without it breaking your body down, you should probably seek employment elsewhere.

Box Ox

I am constantly getting around 120 packages per day to be delivered.
4002fbb608cb57142ebffb94a55770ef.jpg

That would've been a lot back in @rod 's day.

ouanling

Nope. You said you get 120 packages a day, so I related how many I get. I deliver 300-400 pcs a day and pick up that many or more. If you are getting 120 stops with one package a piece, that's not that much. The only way that is taking you that long to do is if you just aren't cut out for the job or you are doing a lot of driving. If you can't handle moving 120 packages a day without it breaking your body down, you should probably seek employment elsewhere.
youre an idiot. Your run is very different from his.

Canada is very wide spread, the volume is also much lower.

most areas in suburbs, 120 packages takes 6-9hrs with shelves if you know the area, and that's going at a fast pace.

You always have to drive at least 1-2min between stops, using a :censored2:ty rental with everything exploding, if you have pieces of many official runs then that's almost impossible to finish before 10pm.

Im one of the faster drivers at my center(not rushing, i just have a natural fast pace and know the areas well) and when i had a rental with a pretty decent Area, it took me from 11 to 7-8pm to get 120 done, with pieces from many runs i would never finish before 10.

most areas in suburbs, 120 packages takes 6-9hrs with shelves if you know the area, and that's going at a fast pace.

You always have to drive at least 1-2min between stops, using a *ty rental with everything exploding, if you have pieces of many official runs then that's almost impossible to finish before 10pm.

Im one of the faster drivers at my center(not rushing, i just have a natural fast pace and know the areas well) and when i had a rental with a pretty decent Area, it took me from 11 to 7-8pm to get 120 done, with pieces from many runs i would never finish before 10.
You start at 11?

542thruNthru

You always have to drive at least 1-2min between stops, using a *ty rental with everything exploding, if you have pieces of many official runs then that's almost impossible to finish before 10pm.

120 packages... Or stops? Big difference.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

You only know one route and been with UPS only a year , I’m curious how you know all this.
🧔✊