Too many packages given!

There's only one way I can think where doing 120 packages in a day can be hard on the knees.

nTE6AN6.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
you can always fill out paper for excessive overtime but you really don't go much lower than 50 hours per week. Sounds like a rural center that wants to cram as many hours into each car as possible due to the milage. It's why I hate the 22.4 language so much, they treat non-paying overtime grievances like a joke. And this is especially true in the city where an 11 hour day could curtail more than a thousand packages being moved.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Nope. You said you get 120 packages a day, so I related how many I get. I deliver 300-400 pcs a day and pick up that many or more. If you are getting 120 stops with one package a piece, that's not that much. The only way that is taking you that long to do is if you just aren't cut out for the job or you are doing a lot of driving. If you can't handle moving 120 packages a day without it breaking your body down, you should probably seek employment elsewhere.
If he's out in the country, that could be a lot of stops !!! We all don't deliver in a city or suburbs !!

ouanling

you can always fill out paper for excessive overtime but you really don't go much lower than 50 hours per week. Sounds like a rural center that wants to cram as many hours into each car as possible due to the milage. It's why I hate the 22.4 language so much, they treat non-paying overtime grievances like a joke. And this is especially true in the city where an 11 hour day could curtail more than a thousand packages being moved.
doesnt exist here, no excessive overtime and there's no 22.4's.

The rental drivers are basically full-time RPCD, without the brown truck formation, which comes whenever a brown truck spot is open(earlier in may, everyone hired then has gotten it though, now they hire a million guys so they dont get it). They just have low seniority, so sometimes they arent called in if the center has too many of them.

Most of them are one IQ point above functioning :censored2:. They get 30-50 stops per day and take 8h in cubes or savana trucks for mixed up residentials. Maximum distance is usually 50-70miles which includes 10-15miles of highway to get and come back from the cities.

So while 120 stops in a :censored2:ty rental is not great, its easily doable in 8-10hrs and not that hard on the body, but its still very :censored2:ty as its usually all the stuff drivers don't want. These guys all use GPS(that they pay for themselves, 20$/m + data) so they never learn any area, takes them so much more time as they have to waste 1 hour entering the data in, then if it explodes in the back they gotta find the packages. None of them create sections in order of streets which would mean that if it explodes, everything is still all next to each other.

when i started, id get there a 8:50 and unload a full large transit truck with 200-300 pieces filled to the back door then reload it with around 120stops. Tons of A/C's and wine fridges and single seat sofas, then at 10h30-11h30 i'd gtfo and come back at 7-8h then i'd hit the gyms as they were open. Very doable.

I'd still prefer that over covering the :censored2: industrial run or the mall route. Those days are the worst.

34yearpackagehumper

Lot's of unknowns, but 120 pcs a day shouldn't be that hard on your knees.
Oh yes it can ! Sounds like a country run ! Let's say he as 80 stops 250 miles of driving and some of them you have to walk a good distance to complete the stop . That my friend can tear up a good set of knees . I'm living proof Lol . Bottom line his or her Sup needs to get on the car and see what's the problem . Another question ? How does a newbie get a run like that. I had almost 25 years in before I got a "pie run" .

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Oh yes it can ! Sounds like a country run ! Let's say he as 80 stops 250 miles of driving and some of them you have to walk a good distance to complete the stop . That my friend can tear up a good set of knees . I'm living proof Lol . Bottom line his or her Sup needs to get on the car and see what's the problem . Another question ? How does a newbie get a run like that. I had almost 25 years in before I got a "pie run" .
If you've had almost 25 years in then you should know depending on their location they may get a route like that sooner.

charm299

Now that peak is over and UPS has cut off some drivers I am constantly getting around 120 packages per day to be delivered. I am rushing as fast as I can to finish and have been getting back to centre around 8-9pm. I feel as though I am overworked and working unsafe because of the pressure to finish everything. Am I allowed to bring packages back to the centre if I can’t complete them all? Lets say if I do 80 instead of 120..? My knees are starting to hurt a lot and also I would like to get home at a decent time to spend half an hour or so with my family before they go to sleep; it takes me 45 minutes to drive home from the centre...what do I do? Please help!
My knees dream of the days that I will only get 120 packages