MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
UPS Drivers off SATURDAY : HAHA YEAH IM OFF WORK HEE HEE

UPS drivers forced sat: YAY I MADE $900 HEE HEE 🤑

money is just paper gentleman , enjoy life
🧔✊

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok well this morning, I asked a driver whose been in this building for the last 35yrs. He said he’s only put in a 1hr lunch once, in like the last 20yrs. Lol.
I also spoke to the Stewart too, just for :censored2: and giggles, and he also said it’s not a requirement here. So again, stop with the cognitive dissidents and just understand it’s different rules in different regions.
It’s Steward not Stewart he was a golfer that died in a plane crash
Hope this helps

AKCoverMan

How do you get away with not taking lunches? It's the law in almost every state, if not all.
No it’s not. In my local we have the right but not the obligation to take a 30 to 60 min unpaid lunch. I run a rural route for me I’d just be sitting somewhere in the package car with the meter not running.

This peak I’m not getting home til 2230-2300 no mater if I take unpaid lunch or not so I’ll keep the meter running and stack more Benjamins. 60 1/2hr week plus a Saturday preload of Monday’s volume fore 3 1/2 hrs paid 8 hrs guarantee OT. Yeah there’s no time for, you know, life! But, damn...

AKCoverMan

If more people took their lunch they'd have to put more routes in....
Not necessarily, although true on busy commercial routes with lot of pickups. My country route the only thing an unpaid lunch does for me is get me home sn hour later every night. I’d rather have that hour at home not stuck in my package car. That’s a long unpaid hour.

Now I’ve heard stories of people who clock an unpaid lunch and work during that time? Seriously?

AKCoverMan

UPS Drivers off SATURDAY : HAHA YEAH IM OFF WORK HEE HEE

UPS drivers forced sat: YAY I MADE $900 HEE HEE 🤑

money is just paper gentleman , enjoy life
🧔✊
It’s possible to live both philosophies. Much prefer 45 hour weeks but since that’s not gonna be a thing this peak I’m just celebrating fat paydays knowing that will lead to fat wallet during time off down the road. Or retirement sooner via fat 401k and IRA.

When peak is over and we have juniors on the bench I’ll gladly take some bonus dead days. They are all prepaid with the current OT. 60 1/2 hours M-friend topped off by coming in for 3 1/2 hours today (Sat) to preload our cars for Monday so hopefully we can get on the road before noon. Of course we’re FTs so today paid 8 OT guarantee. They are showering cash on the inadequate plan trying to dig out of hole.

Not necessarily, although true on busy commercial routes with lot of pickups. My country route the only thing an unpaid lunch does for me is get me home sn hour later every night. I’d rather have that hour at home not stuck in my package car. That’s a long unpaid hour.

Now I’ve heard stories of people who clock an unpaid lunch and work during that time? Seriously?
That shows up on report if you are working while logged out for lunch

AKCoverMan

That shows up on report if you are working while logged out for lunch
I guess if I was a steward in a building where that might be happening I’d have to make an Information Request to review that report. 🧐

Since we don’t have requirement here to take unpaid meal people who skip lunch just don’t enter one and get one more hour of paid day. Still retain the right to take a lunch any day member wants to.