trump 2016

newfie

I have done my research on Trump and for me what best sums him up is this article:
Taibbi interprets the “Trump phenomenon” as a rather damning indictment of an American culture guided by worship of the superficial: Trump’s relentless media barrage and his complete lack of interest in sticking to a single topic for more than a media cycle half-life is tailor-made for a generation of Americans with terminally diminished attention spans, eager to be fed quick, sound-bite solutions before surfing off to the next channel. Trump simply embodies the TV culture that created him and that most Americans wallow in every night of their lives. His views and pronouncements, in their idiotic simplicity and unworkability, follow suit:
Matt Taibbi Article:

yea its kind of like Obama promising more food stamps to get elected.

newfie

I think you have fallen for the narrative of "LIBERAL MEDIA" labeling. The facts are that every major net has given Trump more time than any of the candidates by at least one hour and thats a lot of time as far as free advertisement goes.
:

I think you and many others have underestimated the Donald. Trump has figured out how to get that free exposure.

Last edited:

newfie

Here is an article that best explains trump as regards to Fascist! :
/QUOTE]

i'm not really relying on others extreme opinions in order to form my own...:)

I spend a lot of time listening to the candidates speak. I'm not necessarily a trump supporter but I love his violation of all the PC rules. Once you throw the word facist into the conversation you have closed your ears to the listening and learning process.

newfie

This is Trump in a nut shell:
Trump is channeling the very tenets about how propaganda works laid out by Hitler in his books. In addition to the collection of speeches and their impact,Mein Kampf has a chapter on the hows and whys of political propaganda. Look at these six excerpts from Ralph Manheim’s 1943 translation that have been put into a “Teachers Guide To The Holocaust” produced by the University of South Florida. Hitler wrote:

• “The function of propaganda does not lie in the scientific training of the individual, but in calling the masses’ attention to certain facts, processes, necessities, etc., whose significance is thus for the first time placed within their field of vision.”
  • “All propaganda must be popular and its intellectual level must be adjusted to the most limited intelligence among those it is addressed to. Consequently, the greater the mass it is intended to reach, the lower its purely intellectual level will have to be.”
  • “The more modest its intellectual ballast, the more exclusively it takes into consideration the emotions of the masses, the more effective it will be. And this is the best proof of the soundness or unsoundness of a propaganda campaign, and not success pleasing a few scholars or young aesthetes.”
  • "Once understood how necessary it is for propaganda in be adjusted to the broad mass, the following rule results: It is a mistake to make propaganda many-sided, like scientific instruction, for instance.”
  • “In consequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan.”
  • “The function of propaganda is, for example, not to weigh and ponder the rights of different people, but exclusively to emphasize the one right which it has set out to argue for. Its task is not to make an objective study of the truth… its task is to serve our own right, always and unflinchingly.”
  • Trump Making America White Ag

Have you met Ricky B? you seem to share some of the same fears

newfie

chris hedges actually predicted the rise of demagogues and fascists like trump 6 years ago. its even on the back cover of his book death of the liberal class.

how do you predict something that has already happened many times through out history. that's plain silly.

rickyb

how do you predict something that has already happened many times through out history. that's plain silly.
people who are right on their predictions is indicative on someone who is worth listening to. chris also predicted obama would be a corporate president, which he was.