Trump meets with Kim Jung Un

Box Ox

Same guy who drew down the military to pre WWII numbers.

Should we be perpetually sustaining a WWII level/number of military members in our high tech and nuclear age anyway? Are 18 year old men no longer required to register with Selective Service in case of a major or world war?

vantexan

Does everything you say have to be a lie?
According to the Army Times on May 7th, 2016, the Army was at it's lowest troop levels since 1940. And no, not everything I say is a lie, although I might throw one in just for you. Lying is what the libs do. "If you like your doctor..."

Sportello

According to the Army Times on May 7th, 2016, the Army was at it's lowest troop levels since 1940. And no, not everything I say is a lie, although I might throw one in just for you. Lying is what the libs do. "If you like your doctor..."
They were at approximately 3X pre WWII numbers.

Figures lie, liars figure.

vantexan

Should we be perpetually sustaining a WWII level/number of military members in our high tech and nuclear age anyway? Are 18 year old men no longer required to register with Selective Service in case of a major or world war?
Then let's bring those troops in Korea back home. Korea is a rich country, they can take care of themselves. Matter of fact, let's bring everybody home from everywhere minus the Marine guards at embassies, and let them spend their money locally. Europe should pay their own way. Of course we'd still want the Navy out, especially the subs.

Sportello

Then let's bring those troops in Korea back home. Korea is a rich country, they can take care of themselves. Matter of fact, let's bring everybody home from everywhere minus the Marine guards at embassies, and let them spend their money locally. Europe should pay their own way. Of course we'd still want the Navy out, especially the subs.
Cage match!

Box Ox

Did we have to do any of that when Obama’s super drastic military cuts were made or something?

vantexan

Did we have to do any of that when Obama’s super drastic military cuts were made or something?
Not sure what you're asking. We need a certain level of prepareness, including troop strength. With today's aircraft it's doubtful in my opinion that we need huge military bases in Europe nor should we foot the bulk of the bill for their defense. If they're worried about Russia then spend a Euro and increase their own capabilities. All those troops spread around the States could boost the economy.

Sportello

Not sure what you're asking. We need a certain level of prepareness, including troop strength. With today's aircraft it's doubtful in my opinion that we need huge military bases in Europe nor should we foot the bulk of the bill for their defense. If they're worried about Russia then spend a Euro and increase their own capabilities. All those troops spread around the States could boost the economy.
You are in a Russian friendly country, aren’t you?

oldngray

nowhere special
Six months until the Republicans lose control of Congress
trump-hurt-you.jpg