Uncle Larry Fink says “Work Longer” … You’ll be Happy

vantexan

Actions have consequences.

I’m not entertaining your melodramatic notion that half the country will starve.

Our destitute trend towards obesity far more than starvation.

Planning for the future should be a personal responsibility.
I'm looking around here at McDonald's. Was just in Walmart. How many of those people are going to have a well planned future? Because around here it's all service/fast food/retail. Mgrs at a lot of these places don't make a lot either. And guess what? If you want those places to be open to serve your needs then you'll have to accept that most of these employees must be paid less. And for sure will need SS someday.

Thebrownblob

You sure like to tell me what I think. I've repeatedly said, now pay attention, that the government should be fiscally responsible and not throw money away as well as eliminate all the fraud, waste, and abuse. Why? So that we can protect the programs in place that benefit everyone. I may not be around in 10 years. Still leaves tens of millions who very much need that SS check. If you guys despise SS so much then don't violate your conscience. Refuse to take it. Don't tell me how hypocritical I am for wanting, needing, and taking my SS if you're going to take it too. You'll get a good deal more than me and you'll also have the benefit of union pensions and 401k's and other investments. Good for you. I need my SS and when it comes in about two weeks I'm going to be thankful I have it. And you know what? I'm going to take that check after my dad passes and go overseas and get treatment because I can't afford healthcare here. May not even afford it with Medicare. I sure hope you guys can maintain your lifestyles without the little bit extra you'd get if I didn't get SS. If not you can always move overseas. I hear uprooting your life and moving is the way to go.
Yeah, I just lucked into that job, it was purely by chance L O L. Every problem you’ve had with money is purely your own. Man up and accept that.
I don’t know why you keep going on and on about some nonsense of not taking Social Security or that I think you shouldn’t get it. I don’t despise Social Security, but I also don’t think it was a great deal compared to what we could’ve had. We settled. Quit playing the pity party it’s nauseating.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I'm looking around here at McDonald's. Was just in Walmart. How many of those people are going to have a well planned future? Because around here it's all service/fast food/retail. Mgrs at a lot of these places don't make a lot either. And guess what? If you want those places to be open to serve your needs then you'll have to accept that most of these employees must be paid less. And for sure will need SS someday.
I spent six years of my life waiting to go driving at UPS.

Working crappy hours for crappy pay.

My friends were all busy getting drunk and looking for girls.

Now I make more than they do. And I’m not even top rate yet.

I knew what I wanted my life to look like. They didn’t.

Actions have consequences.

vantexan

Starve to death I’m sure you know what it meant.
Someone has a $1400 SS check. Some here think he shouldn't get that much if at all. Exactly how does he feed himself? Keep the lights on? We can talk about planning all we want. It's all he has. SS is all tens of millions of retirees have. How do they get by without it? Beg on street corners?

Thebrownblob

Someone has a $1400 SS check. Some here think he shouldn't get that much if at all. Exactly how does he feed himself? Keep the lights on? We can talk about planning all we want. It's all he has. SS is all tens of millions of retirees have. How do they get by without it? Beg on street corners?
Live in a car? I don’t know. I find it interesting that I have a neighbor who is a FedEx ground route owner who lives in the same neighborhood as I do has a bigger house than I do does pretty well for himself. I realize you worked for Express, but I also have a friend who retired from Express has 10 acres a nice house and been divorced two times. He’d be the first to tell you I make a lot more than him, but he did quite well for himself. Did you ever think it’s just you? Maybe it wasn’t the job after? 😉

vantexan

Yeah, I just lucked into that job, it was purely by chance L O L. Every problem you’ve had with money is purely your own. Man up and accept that.
I don’t know why you keep going on and on about some nonsense of not taking Social Security or that I think you shouldn’t get it. I don’t despise Social Security, but I also don’t think it was a great deal compared to what we could’ve had. We settled. Quit playing the pity party it’s nauseating.
Just stating facts. And you've been arguing against having SS all along. If you don't like the program then don't take it. If you tell me I'm a hypocrite for wanting my SS then I expect you to not be a hypocrite. Turn it down.

Newsflash. Everyone working in this country for low pay has money problems unless they live with a kind relative. If you think they should all go get better paying jobs then tell Walmart, Office Depot, countless fast food joints, FedEx Ground, and just about everyone else they'll have to fold up if they can't afford to pay more. Because their business model is based on low paid rank and file. Not every field is lucrative and there's only so many of those jobs. People take what they can get.

Thebrownblob

Just stating facts. And you've been arguing against having SS all along. If you don't like the program then don't take it. If you tell me I'm a hypocrite for wanting my SS then I expect you to not be a hypocrite. Turn it down.

Newsflash. Everyone working in this country for low pay has money problems unless they live with a kind relative. If you think they should all go get better paying jobs then tell Walmart, Office Depot, countless fast food joints, FedEx Ground, and just about everyone else they'll have to fold up if they can't afford to pay more. Because their business model is based on low paid rank and file. Not every field is lucrative and there's only so many of those jobs. People take what they can get.
Never argued against it and your logic is flawed even if I didn’t like it I didn’t have an option of not doing it so why would I have the option of not taking it and why wouldn’t I take it? That’s the dumbest argument I’ve ever heard.

vantexan

Live in a car? I don’t know. I find it interesting that I have a neighbor who is a FedEx ground route owner who lives in the same neighborhood as I do has a bigger house than I do does pretty well for himself. I realize you worked for Express, but I also have a friend who retired from Express has 10 acres a nice house and been divorced two times. He’d be the first to tell you I make a lot more than him, but he did quite well for himself. Did you ever think it’s just you? Maybe it wasn’t the job after? 😉
I'd have done just fine if I hadn't quit after 11 years. But unless your friend was in management he didn't acquire a nice home on ten acres, and two wives, on courier pay after 1998. And a FedEx Ground ROUTE OWNER had the money to invest in a route and eventually had to buy multiple routes because they don't have single route owners anymore. Haven't for many years. Now ask his drivers what their hourly pay is. Ask them about benefits. Either you're being disingenuous or you are severely misinformed.

Thebrownblob

This is the America you voted for over and over again. I don’t know what you’re complaining about. I do not feel sorry for you. You got what you asked for you took what you could get you settled for less your entire life. Welcome to reality.

For once be a man and accept it. 🤷‍♂️

vantexan

Never argued against it and your logic is flawed even if I didn’t like it I didn’t have an option of not doing it so why would I have the option of not taking it and why wouldn’t I take it? That’s the dumbest argument I’ve ever heard.
BS, all you've done is rag on SS as a ponzi scheme that's going bankrupt and unfair to higher paid guys like you and poor people who receive it are lazy and shift less. If that's your idea of supportive I'll never hire you as my lawyer.

vantexan

This is the America you voted for over and over again. I don’t know what you’re complaining about. I do not feel sorry for you. You got what you asked for you took what you could get you settled for less your entire life. Welcome to reality.

For once be a man and accept it. 🤷‍♂️
I'm willing to accept my lot in life, just give me my SS. People like you don't want me to have it.

Thebrownblob

I'd have done just fine if I hadn't quit after 11 years. But unless your friend was in management he didn't acquire a nice home on ten acres, and two wives, on courier pay after 1998. And a FedEx Ground ROUTE OWNER had the money to invest in a route and eventually had to buy multiple routes because they don't have single route owners anymore. Haven't for many years. Now ask his drivers what their hourly pay is. Ask them about benefits. Either you're being disingenuous or you are severely misinformed.
No, I’m not being disingenuous. I said he’s a route owner. I have no idea how many he owns and I know they haven’t owned one route for many years because the guy who used to deliver them to more than one.

Yes, the FedEx courier was not management just a regular route driver who took care of his money and did things quite well even with the divorces.

Thebrownblob

BS, all you've done is rag on SS as a ponzi scheme that's going bankrupt and unfair to higher paid guys like you and poor people who receive it are lazy and shift less. If that's your idea of supportive I'll never hire you as my lawyer.
I said Rush Limbaugh one of your heroes said it was. A Ponzi scheme. Keep crying.

Thebrownblob

I'm willing to accept my lot in life, just give me my SS. People like you don't want me to have it.
Oh, you tortured soul. I want you to get whatever you put into it not a penny more. 😂It really won’t matter how much you get you’ll blow it just like you’ve blown everything else and blame everyone else.

vantexan

No, I’m not being disingenuous. I said he’s a route owner. I have no idea how many he owns and I know they haven’t owned one route for many years because the guy who used to deliver them to more than one.

Yes, the FedEx courier was not management just a regular route driver who took care of his money and did things quite well even with the divorces.
Then he was hired long ago. I was topped out but got frustrated because we went over four years without a raise. I have stated many times here I made a mistake quitting. But don't tell me that couriers hired from 1998 on could have all of that on their pay. You're uninformed if you think that.

Personally I think your beef with me goes back to when you were pushing the conspiracy theory about concentration camps for the unvaccinated and I disagreed with you. You have exploded every so often since then. You really take disagreeing with you hard. Get personal. Oh well, thankfully you don't decide who gets SS.

Thebrownblob

Then he was hired long ago. I was topped out but got frustrated because we went over four years without a raise. I have stated many times here I made a mistake quitting. But don't tell me that couriers hired from 1998 on could have all of that on their pay. You're uninformed if you think that.

Personally I think your beef with me goes back to when you were pushing the conspiracy theory about concentration camps for the unvaccinated and I disagreed with you. You have exploded every so often since then. You really take disagreeing with you hard. Get personal. Oh well, thankfully you don't decide who gets SS.
Personally, I think I don’t have a beef with you and I’ve never pushed any concentration camp beef 😂 I rarely talk about the vaccine at all because it’s really not something I care about. But if you want my opinion, I think you’re a coward who now says he was forced to get it because he wanted to travel and you were too much of a chicken to say no even though you don’t believe it. It’s the way you’ve lived your whole life bending over. But yet telling others how to live. Thankfully, you’re in charge of nothing and I’ve never had anything to be in charge of. Everything you touch is a disaster. Excuse me for not wanting to clean up after you all all the time.
The only issue I have with you is that you really have no real convictions you bend and sway with whatever suits you or you’re told to do and then you blame others when it doesn’t work out.

Last edited:

vantexan

Oh, you tortured soul. I want you to get whatever you put into it not a penny more. 😂It really won’t matter how much you get you’ll blow it just like you’ve blown everything else and blame everyone else.
Buddy, since 2022 with my heart attack I have been robbing Peter to pay Paul on my medical bills. I'm putting my entire SS and a big chunk of my pension into paying them off now since taking SS in February. That along with helping my parents, paying half of wife's car note. I just gave my niece $500 for graduation. I may be a lot of things but greedy isn't one of them. When I'm paid off I will buy a pickup, put a small camper on it, and kick back in the Southwest. If I can't make it doing that I will go overseas. You on the other hand will seethe that all your money is draining to pay for your lifestyle while there are fools like me living off your taxes. Guess there really is justice in the world!😂

vantexan

Personally, I think I don’t have a beef with you and I’ve never pushed any concentration camp beef 😂 I rarely talk about the vaccine at all because it’s really not something I care about. But if you want my opinion, I think you’re a coward who now says he was forced to get it because he wanted to travel and you were too much of a chicken to say no even though you don’t believe it. It’s the way you’ve lived your whole life bending over. But yet telling others how to live. Thankfully, you’re in charge of nothing and I’ve never had anything to be in charge of. Everything you touch is a disaster. Excuse me for not wanting to clean up after you all all the time.
See what I mean? You make it personal, just like you did with me rejecting your conspiracy theory. Sad.

Thebrownblob

See what I mean? You make it personal, just like you did with me rejecting your conspiracy theory. Sad.
No, what’s sad Is you brought it up and you don’t think anyone should challenge your nonsense.. I didn’t bring any of that up. It’s not my fault that you are a coward and you are a shape shifting spineless individual who has no real beliefs that you’re not willing to change if it benefits you. Those type of people are nauseating. And I think I’m in good company because God said I would that you were hot or cold but because you’re lukewarm, I spew out of my mouth. 😉

Thebrownblob

Buddy, since 2022 with my heart attack I have been robbing Peter to pay Paul on my medical bills. I'm putting my entire SS and a big chunk of my pension into paying them off now since taking SS in February. That along with helping my parents, paying half of wife's car note. I just gave my niece $500 for graduation. I may be a lot of things but greedy isn't one of them. When I'm paid off I will buy a pickup, put a small camper on it, and kick back in the Southwest. If I can't make it doing that I will go overseas. You on the other hand will seethe that all your money is draining to pay for your lifestyle while there are fools like me living off your taxes. Guess there really is justice in the world!😂
All my money? lol. Blue-collar labor that is rich LOL. Do you mean when I was responsible and didn’t spend foolishly or constantly make poor choices with my money, that gives me what what a responsible adult should have, the ability to survive? Yes there is justice in the world I guess.