Uncle Larry Fink says “Work Longer” … You’ll be Happy

vantexan

So now it’s not going bankrupt? I thought you said if they didn’t do things differently, it would please make up your mind.
Never said it was going bankrupt. Who's distorting what? I've repeatedly said that when the SS trust fund is depleted they'll still be able to pay 75%-78% of promised benefits. I have never said it's going bankrupt.

Thebrownblob

Never said it was going bankrupt. Who's distorting what? I've repeatedly said that when the SS trust fund is depleted they'll still be able to pay 75%-78% of promised benefits. I have never said it's going bankrupt.
That sounds like insolvency to me. The only way to guarantee any kind of money going to anyone is to change the parameters of what was originally promised.

vantexan

That sounds like insolvency to me. The only way to guarantee any kind of money going to anyone is to change the parameters of what was originally promised.
Nope, they'll still take in the payroll tax and the company match. The tax above $400k is just one of a number of ideas being considered.

Thebrownblob

Nope, they'll still take in the payroll tax and the company match. The tax above $400k is just one of a number of ideas being considered.
I’ll explain this to you very slowly. That’s because what was originally promised is impossible without a lot of changes. Both in the amount they take and the timelines are going to give it to you. That means younger people will get paid less throughout their life because they won’t be able to take their full benefit till later in life. I know that’s OK for you because you don’t give a damn about anyone younger than you.

vantexan

I’ll explain this to you very slowly. That’s because what was originally promised is impossible without a lot of changes. Both in the amount they take and the timelines are going to give it to you. That means younger people will get paid less throughout their life because they won’t be able to take their full benefit till later in life. I know that’s OK for you because you don’t give a damn about anyone younger than you.
You sure like to tell me what I think. I've repeatedly said, now pay attention, that the government should be fiscally responsible and not throw money away as well as eliminate all the fraud, waste, and abuse. Why? So that we can protect the programs in place that benefit everyone. I may not be around in 10 years. Still leaves tens of millions who very much need that SS check. If you guys despise SS so much then don't violate your conscience. Refuse to take it. Don't tell me how hypocritical I am for wanting, needing, and taking my SS if you're going to take it too. You'll get a good deal more than me and you'll also have the benefit of union pensions and 401k's and other investments. Good for you. I need my SS and when it comes in about two weeks I'm going to be thankful I have it. And you know what? I'm going to take that check after my dad passes and go overseas and get treatment because I can't afford healthcare here. May not even afford it with Medicare. I sure hope you guys can maintain your lifestyles without the little bit extra you'd get if I didn't get SS. If not you can always move overseas. I hear uprooting your life and moving is the way to go.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
So basically half the country should just starve to death.
Actions have consequences.

I’m not entertaining your melodramatic notion that half the country will starve.

Our destitute trend towards obesity far more than starvation.

Planning for the future should be a personal responsibility.

Thebrownblob

Actions have consequences.

I’m not entertaining your melodramatic notion that half the country will starve.

Our destitute trend towards obesity far more than starvation.

Planning for the future should be a personal responsibility.
He does not want his actions to have consequences. Everything that is working against him now in his later life, he voted against his best interests his whole life.. He wants to take more money from others to help him and if we don’t agree with him, we’re the bad guy. His whole life he was against that kind of thinking or at least he said so.