Uncle Larry Fink says “Work Longer” … You’ll be Happy

Thebrownblob

Where did I confuse them? And are you going to make up for taking away a 75 yr old lady's SS check by supporting her with your own money? Remember, God loves a cheerful giver.
When you mix politics and religion, all you get is politics. I Am certainly a cheerful giver. Not sure how you confused being forced to give as cheerful or charity.

vantexan

When you mix politics and religion, all you get is politics. I Am certainly a cheerful giver. Not sure how you confused being forced to give as cheerful or charity.
You're being forced? No, you're being paid enough that even after taxes it's enough for you to think your job is worthwhile. Giving you back the SS/Medicare taxes won't change that. And as I pointed out before most business owners will take advantage of you getting those taxes back by not giving you raises for some time to come. So it's a wash.

But you do you. I fully expect you to take a stand and not take SS when the time comes. The last thing you want is to be a fraud, a hypocrite. Don't sell out man. You've planned ahead, you have all you need, you've been responsible.

Thebrownblob

You're being forced? No, you're being paid enough that even after taxes it's enough for you to think your job is worthwhile. Giving you back the SS/Medicare taxes won't change that. And as I pointed out before most business owners will take advantage of you getting those taxes back by not giving you raises for some time to come. So it's a wash.

But you do you. I fully expect you to take a stand and not take SS when the time comes. The last thing you want is to be a fraud, a hypocrite. Don't sell out man. You've planned ahead, you have all you need, you've been responsible.
It’s always curious when people like you have all the answers to everything and then you learn a little about their life and realize just how completely full of it they are lol.

It would be a pity for anyone to take advice from someone like you with your record of success and good choices. Carry on brother.

When did I say you were going to force me? I said you wanna force people who you “feel” exploited you. You poor thing. You and Ricky have a lot in common.

Last edited:

vantexan

It’s always curious when people like you have all the answers to everything and then you learn a little about their life and realize just how completely full of it they are lol.

It would be a pity for anyone to take advice from someone like you with your record of success and good choices. Carry on brother.
I started reading on living overseas in the mid-90's. What I needed was a pension and SS to get there. I'm on track doing what I want. You don't see success because you see wealth and possessions as success. And any encumbrance to that end as evil.

By the way I hope you never need Medicare. Because the day will come when you won't have employment insurance and not having Medicare could be very costly. But then I'm sure you prefer to take a stand and pay out of pocket.

vantexan

When did I say you were going to force me? I said you wanna force people who you “feel” exploited you. You poor thing. You and Ricky have a lot in common.
P.S. I didn't realize suggesting that you live by the principles you espouse to the point of belittling others would be considered bad advice. Are you going to take SS? Medicare? They're welfare doncha know!

Thebrownblob

P.S. I didn't realize suggesting that you live by the principles you espouse to the point of belittling others would be considered bad advice. Are you going to take SS? Medicare? They're welfare doncha know!
You didn’t suggest I lived by the Principal I espouse. You don’t have any principles. You pretend you do, but you’ll do whatever necessary what you “feel” your owed, and you’ll have the government do it for you. Because as a man you were not capable of doing it yourself.

Every bit of money that was taken from you for your Social Security you’re owed, not a penny more. That’s not Charity that’s repayment. Same for me. You want more than that because you were incapable of earning it. or saving for yourself so you want someone who was successful to do it for you, you have no problem having the government put a gun under their head and forcing them. That’s hardly charity.

If people give it to you freely, that is charity. 😉
If you’re in need, just let me know I’ll write you a check happily. I enjoy helping people when I can.

vantexan

You didn’t suggest I lived by the Principal I espouse. You don’t have any principles. You pretend you do, but you’ll do whatever necessary what you “feel” your owed, and you’ll have the government do it for you. Because as a man you were not capable of doing it yourself.

Every bit of money that was taken from you for your Social Security you’re owed, not a penny more. That’s not Charity that’s repayment. Same for me. You want more than that because you were incapable of earning it. or saving for yourself so you want someone who was successful to do it for you, you have no problem having the government put a gun under their head and forcing them. That’s hardly charity.

If people give it to you freely, that is charity. 😉
If you’re in need, just let me know I’ll write you a check happily. I enjoy helping people when I can.
Again, who invests in anything with the expectation to only get back exactly what they put in?

And you're dodging the question. Are you going to take SS? Are you going to be a hypocrite for taking what you slam others for taking? Remember, there's a guy out there seething that you're getting proportionally more than he is even though he's receiving the maximum SS payment. It's unfair to him. So you wouldn't want to make him mad by taking more than you deserve. Honestly how would you live with yourself taking SS? Unlike you I've been supportive of SS all along. But not you Bubba. You take a stand! You don't bend the knee! Don't let us all down by selling out now!

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Again, who invests in anything with the expectation to only get back exactly what they put in?

And you're dodging the question. Are you going to take SS? Are you going to be a hypocrite for taking what you slam others for taking? Remember, there's a guy out there seething that you're getting proportionally more than he is even though he's receiving the maximum SS payment. It's unfair to him. So you wouldn't want to make him mad by taking more than you deserve. Honestly how would you live with yourself taking SS. Unlike you I've been supportive of SS all along. But not you Bubba. You take a stand! You don't bend the knee! Don't let us all down by selling out now!
Social Security is an investment? Not so sure about that.

Of course I’m going to take the money I put in there. I don’t know why you keep twisting some words saying I would never do that. I said all of us could’ve had more money than the small sum we’re going to get out of Social Security. Which is why it was never an actual investment with returns.

I am certain I have put a lot less money in my 401(k) alone then I’ve already paid to Social Security. . If I were to retire today, I could live off that and I didn’t even really start putting a lot of money in it until a little over a decade ago. As well as no company match. 🤷‍♂️

vantexan

Social Security is an investment? Not so sure about that.

Of course I’m going to take the money I put in there. I don’t know why you keep twisting some words saying I would never do that. I said all of us could’ve had more money than the small sum we’re going to get out of Social Security. Which is why it was never an actual investment with returns.

I am certain I have put a lot less money in my 401(k) alone then I’ve already paid to Social Security. If I were to retire today, I could live off that and I didn’t even really start putting a lot of money in it until a little over a decade ago. 🤷‍♂️
Oh no no no!! You said I'm a hypocrite and a fraud for taking SS. But apparently you're exempt. I'm on welfare. A violation of all that's holy with conservatives. But not you! I'm a phony! I'm a Democrat! But not you!

Maybe I'm being a little hard on you but you aren't the conservative you claim to be(smirk).

Thebrownblob

Oh no no no!! You said I'm a hypocrite and a fraud for taking SS. But apparently you're exempt. I'm on welfare. A violation of all that's holy with conservatives. But not you! I'm a phony! I'm a Democrat! But not you!

Maybe I'm being a little hard on you but you aren't the conservative you claim to be(smirk).
Why do you keep lying? Is this typical behavior for you? I called you a hypocrite for wanting to take money from others because you “feel” they owe because you “feel” You were exploited and they can afford it. 😂 stop embarrassing yourself.

Also, I don’t claim to be a conservative.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

And you're dodging the question. Are you going to take SS? Are you going to be a hypocrite for taking what you slam others for taking? Remember, there's a guy out there seething that you're getting proportionally more than he is even though he's receiving the maximum SS payment. It's unfair to him. So you wouldn't want to make him mad by taking more than you deserve. Honestly how would you live with yourself taking SS? Unlike you I've been supportive of SS all along. But not you Bubba. You take a stand! You don't bend the knee! Don't let us all down by selling out now!

vantexan

Why do you keep lying? Is this typical behavior for you? I called you a hypocrite for wanting to take money from others because you “feel” they owe because you “feel” You were exploited and they can afford it. 😂 stop embarrassing yourself.

Also, I don’t claim to be a conservative.
That's one specific company. But the system is exploitive. That's capitalism. I have numerous times said fine, but if employees help a business owner succeed while he holds their pay down then the least he can do is help them with their retirement by matching their SS taxes. I've said this numerous times over the years. So I'm not being a hypocrite.

You on the other hand said that SS should've never happened. That it's unfair to people like you because the poor get a disproportionate payment relative to their income. And you agreed it's welfare and that conservatives don't support welfare. So you're being hypocritical taking SS someday. And you are lying by calling me a liar about repeating your previous statements.

You don't apparently have a problem with employers holding down pay for decades while they do well. You want to blame the employees for taking it. But you do have a problem with forcing employers to match their employees taxes. After decades of putting up with greedy BS artists who promise the moon but don't deliver I have no problem at all with forcing them to match SS taxes. They strip away my pension? I have to grin and bear it. Same with raises. Same with healthcare. But they can damn sure contribute to my SS. Couldn't happen to nicer people.

When have you ever claimed to be a liberal?

That's one specific company. But the system is exploitive. That's capitalism. I have numerous times said fine, but if employees help a business owner succeed while he holds their pay down then the least he can do is help them with their retirement by matching their SS taxes. I've said this numerous times over the years. So I'm not being a hypocrite.

You on the other hand said that SS should've never happened. That it's unfair to people like you because the poor get a disproportionate payment relative to their income. And you agreed it's welfare and that conservatives don't support welfare. So you're being hypocritical taking SS someday. And you are lying by calling me a liar about repeating your previous statements.

You don't apparently have a problem with employers holding down pay for decades while they do well. You want to blame the employees for taking it. But you do have a problem with forcing employers to match their employees taxes. After decades of putting up with greedy BS artists who promise the moon but don't deliver I have no problem at all with forcing them to match SS taxes. They strip away my pension? I have to grin and bear it. Same with raises. Same with healthcare. But they can damn sure contribute to my SS. Couldn't happen to nicer people.

At what age did you take your social security?
That makes a huge difference

Thebrownblob

I’m not a liberal.