UPS and Teamsters Discuss Two-Tier Wages, Sunday Deliveries---WSJ

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
0C2E712F-9C66-4933-910F-C087132B038A.gif
Do you have any examples? Nice that you can drink the union cool aid. And you think that you what others do.

You once had a driver in your local complaining that he had to pu/del heavy industrial packages to loading docks. Bob, the sec treasure at the time, used to Use him as an example during the strike. Kind of a, don’t be this guy with unrealistic expectations.

How about this, on Monday, you come and do my route and I’ll go and do your route. Let’s see who sucks up to management.

bowhnterdon

I seem to recall something about if less than 1/2 the members vote, and that is a given, that it takes 2/3 of a no vote to shoot down a contract. If not, I assume Hoffa can enforce the master? I really don’t know for sure. Any insight out there?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
FedEx ground. We could have snuffed them out.
They are now FedEx ground
The upper echelon did not want to snuff them out.
They had more than one opportunity to do it, and did not.
They had and have their reasons for allowing them to be what they are now.
Its hard to think past our noses sometimes and think future like corporate.
Being the only team playing, down the road, maybe not so good.
Having to negotiate a union contract is an example.

The upper echelon did not want to snuff them out.
They had more than one opportunity to do it, and did not.
They had and have their reasons for allowing them to be what they are now.
Its hard to think past our noses sometimes and think future like corporate.
Being the only team playing, down the road, maybe not so good.
Having to negotiate a union contract is an example.
Big time backfire

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I don't think so. I think its worked just like they wanted.
When they let it happen, UPS couldn't handle the volume they had. They can't handle it now even with the scab company in full force.
The center I worked at was built in 1973. In 1979 , when I hired, they were running 26 routes. They ran 21 yesterday. Figure maybe 2 routes less because of technology.
Think of the real estate, the trucks, the workforce they would have had to invest in to handle the volume. Mega capital.
They could have wrote a check for a 100 times what Fred wrote for RPS, but they let him have it for more reasons than you would like to think.

Last edited:

Tony Q

I seem to recall something about if less than 1/2 the members vote, and that is a given, that it takes 2/3 of a no vote to shoot down a contract. If not, I assume Hoffa can enforce the master? I really don’t know for sure. Any insight out there?
With the new electronic voting the Teamsters Just used in the ABF contract they got a 65% voter turn out. Thats almost unheard of. WOW

Box Ox

Funny how everyone's rah-rah Teamsters, but few have faith in the IBT negotiating a good contract. :D

It’s not following/critiquing contract negotiations and not holding leaders accountable that weakens unions. Doling out tough love is inherently supportive whether it’s directed at your union, your friends or your kids.

You’re here to misinform because the Union either couldn’t protect you when you made a mistake or you left it for a management gig and have regrets. Fair enough. But your baloney isn’t fooling anybody.

Box Ox

We need to be a leader instead of a follower
UPS has always been good with trying to keep a production number but always last when it comes to a new service.

Eh, I dunno. Apple typically lets other companies pioneer features/technologies before releasing its own relatively perfected form of it. Do we want UPS to get it first, or get it right? I dunno if you can do both if your corporate ship is so big that it’s hard and slow to make turns.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It’s not following/critiquing contract negotiations and not holding leaders accountable that weakens unions. Doling out tough love is inherently supportive whether it’s directed at your union, your friends or your kids.

You’re here to misinform because the Union either couldn’t protect you when you made a mistake or you left it for a management gig and have regrets. Fair enough. But your baloney isn’t fooling anybody.
sarcasm is not your second language

F

Frankie's Friend

With the new electronic voting the Teamsters Just used in the ABF contract they got a 65% voter turn out. Thats almost unheard of. WOW
Yeah dude, did they vote it down because they were totally against it?
I'm sure the last debacle primed the voters engines. L89 had better turnout than that.

Typically, when people really hate or like a cba the voter turn out % goes up and scepticism is pronounced this time around.

Tony Q

Yeah dude, did they vote it down because they were totally against it?
I'm sure the last debacle primed the voters engines. L89 had better turnout than that.

Typically, when people really hate or like a cba the voter turn out % goes up and scepticism is pronounced this time around.
I believe the Master passed but at least five supplements went down.