UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
IMG_4728.gif

DOK

I’d be shocked if FTers get anything more than the status quo, buck a year plus cola. Like I said if any FTer thinks the most important issue is raises you’re doing something wrong. You have too many new toys. I haven’t taken the yearly raise in five years. A week before it kicks in I bump up my 401k to the equivalent. Way more important issues than whether we get $1 or $2 per year. It’d be nice to get big yearly bumps for the life of this contract, but it’s not top of mind IMO. People disagree that’s fine I understand. PTers need to be made right. No inward cameras, no forced sixth day which I thankfully never had to deal with-177. An end to PVD’s, an end to second class 22.4 citizens.
Pvds at peak? Or are some locals trying to use them year round? I’d think we need a bump for inflation and the COVID bs we had to go through.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Honestly getting rid of that 22.4 language is huge, I didn't know that was actually going to happen or not.

Plus no more forced sixth punches

Unfortunately too many people are just going to look at the dollar a month at this contract and not all the other fantastic language we have gotten so far
We have to maybe look at the people that aren’t affected by those gains. PT and feeder for instance won nothing by getting rid of 22.4, not saying it didn’t need to go. I don’t know about PT but in feeders where I am at least they don’t force 6th punches so that’s another big one that doesn’t benefit us. AC in package, broken record here but once again, only benefits package. Pay on the other hand, affects EVERYONE that’s why everyone wants to see what we get. Again, the gains we got are huge and they needed to happen but it’s going to be bitter sweet if they don’t give the rest of the members something to be excited about.

We have to maybe look at the people that aren’t affected by those gains. PT and feeder for instance won nothing by getting rid of 22.4, not saying it didn’t need to go. I don’t know about PT but in feeders where I am at least they don’t force 6th punches so that’s another big one that doesn’t benefit us. AC in package, broken record here but once again, only benefits package. Pay on the other hand, affects EVERYONE that’s why everyone wants to see what we get. Again, the gains we got are huge and they needed to happen but it’s going to be bitter sweet if they don’t give the rest of the members something to be excited about.
All I'm saying that I have been here for a long time.
This has been some of the best contract games I could ever remember.

Just like I tell the drivers but everything is contract will pertain to you such as the part-timers getting the big bump up and pay.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board

Just like I tell the drivers but everything is contract will pertain to you such as the part-timers getting the big bump up and pay.
And all these things go a long way in showing strength in the union. Stay united, we will all win

That’s very generous of you, your Highness
Well it is the truth. Of course I worry about things pertaining to me such as pay and time off but it can't always be about you.
The part-timers can partially blame themselves not getting good contracts over the years because they don't vote but it's not all their fault.
Hoffa had a lot to do with it

I doubt everything can be fixed but they can do some things.

Look at the difference in pensions.
You realize that there are some locals who do not have retiree healthcare?

DOK

Funny though that the getting rid of 22.4’s was such a huge gain when we voted it down 5 years ago

Thebrownblob

Funny though that the getting rid of 22.4’s was such a huge gain when we voted it down 5 years ago
It’s still pretty big because five years ago I was not sure if we could wrestle it away from the company but after the debacle they created with it I think they were ready to get rid of it just as much as us