UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

ManInBrown

So are they negotiating today still, or what's the story
No, the company is claiming the teamsters should’ve never walked away from the table. That they should’ve continued negotiating. UPS PR team in full overdrive. At this point you have to think there’s going to be a strike. O’Brien doesn’t seem like the type to fold. I think he looks at these negotiations in a much larger picture to change the entire landscape for the working class.

I’m a little disappointed that we aren’t practice picketing in my local. I’m seeing all over social media employees picketing to gear up, nothing here.

clean hairy

In 1976 UPS was only in 15 states. They had just started expanding to the Midwest.
Some of the newer facilities had not joined the union yet so they kept working.

Don't quote me on this one but I believe by about 1979 UPS had expanded to
the entire continental US and that's when the national contract came into play.

I'm sure BUG could give precise info.
If memory serves correct, they got the rights to ship within Texas in 1984?

clean hairy

AZ? Please...that is so easy to beat.

1000_F_101085471_otLqvaAs6ZPt9NNEHIx0YPtiubbIgcuK.jpg
Move this to Ca on a small piece of land, and it would sell for how much?
"Nice fixer upper, needs a little TLC!"

Trucker Clock

In 1976 UPS was only in 15 states. They had just started expanding to the Midwest.
Some of the newer facilities had not joined the union yet so they kept working.

Don't quote me on this one but I believe by about 1979 UPS had expanded to
the entire continental US and that's when the national contract came into play.

I'm sure BUG could give precise info.

The first National Contract was in 1979.

UPS claimed that in 1975, they became the first delivery company to serve every address in the continental US.

oldupsman

If memory serves correct, they got the rights to ship within Texas in 1984?
I thought it was before that but honestly I could be wrong. I was in Arizonia
in 1979 and they had just barely started there. I was thinking about moving there so I stopped
in the new building. The manager in charge said in hire me in a heartbeat. He had just hired a guy
from Chicago who had moved out there. But I'd lose the 4 years seniority I had acquired.

Luckily the girl I went out to visit decided to dump me during the visit. So I stayed in Pa.

Blazian81

Amazon doesn’t do what we do. And they can’t even deliver all of their own volume. And I can promise you FedEx and DHL have no contingency plan for any volume that they did not already make agreements on back in May. 😂
yeah let me see them drivers deliver their own beds and gym equipment

Trucker Clock

I thought it was before that but honestly I could be wrong. I was in Arizonia
in 1979 and they had just barely started there. I was thinking about moving there so I stopped
in the new building. The manager in charge said in hire me in a heartbeat. He had just hired a guy
from Chicago who had moved out there. But I'd lose the 4 years seniority I had acquired.

Luckily the girl I went out to visit decided to dump me during the visit. So I stayed in Pa.

UPS 1975.jpg

oldupsman

I might be old but I'm not in dementia stage yet. I started in 1975 and we did not
deliver nationwide. Not even close. I don't have a clue what they're talking about.
Where's Rod? Maybe the old blue label?

anonymous23456

I might be old but I'm not in dementia stage yet. I started in 1975 and we did not
deliver nationwide. Not even close. I don't have a clue what they're talking about.
Where's Rod?
Maybe you didn't get the memo. Per Wikipedia:

In 1975, UPS moved its headquarters to Greenwich, Connecticut, and began serving all of the 48 contiguous states of the United States. This expansion of operations made UPS the first package delivery company to serve every address in the contiguous United States. Additionally in 1975, UPS went international by establishing operations in Canada. On February 28, UPS Ltd. (later changed to UPS Canada Ltd.) began operations in Toronto, Ontario and today UPS Canada's head office is located in Burlington, Ontario.[20] In 1976, UPS established a domestic operation in West Germany.[21]