UPS Shooting- San Francisco (Rant & News thread)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My thoughts and prayers to all affected by this tragic event.

Now down to brass tacks...I see very clearly what happened. Lapdog "safety committee" member is slugging his way thru the day as per usual. Mega frustrated driver with issues is sick of working til 6,7,8 o'clock every night. Probably runs and guns just to have some quality personal time. Maybe his children had an event. Maybe he had a date. But no, little green light pops up and now he's gotta take 20 or so stops off someone he already probably doesn't care for.

He punches out finally, furious. Maybe what little is left of his evening goes down the toilet. He can't sleep, can't afford to call in, can't get a better job but can no longer tolerate this every day. His mind is made up to punish those in particular he thinks are causing his constant stress and OT and maybe just everyone he can.

It could've been me. I have major depressive disorder and bipolar tendencies. I am not mentally fit for the job, though I actually performed well. I just can't tolerate going over 8-9 hours of this work, mentally. So what I did, and the shooter should have done, is go on FMLA go seek help, stay in a psych ward a few days. Get diagnosed, be honest about violent thoughts. Stay on st disability until they find you another spot. Stay on their a..es. Get under ADA. They have to accommodate you. They cannot make you stay a driver. They tried that game on me but nope...never again. Money is not everything. And violence is not the answer. Hope this post helps someone out.
Everyone has different limitations. At least you realized yours and took the action you needed to, before harming yourself or others. Kudos.

Johney

My thoughts and prayers to all affected by this tragic event.

Now down to brass tacks...I see very clearly what happened. Lapdog "safety committee" member is slugging his way thru the day as per usual. Mega frustrated driver with issues is sick of working til 6,7,8 o'clock every night. Probably runs and guns just to have some quality personal time. Maybe his children had an event. Maybe he had a date. But no, little green light pops up and now he's gotta take 20 or so stops off someone he already probably doesn't care for.

He punches out finally, furious. Maybe what little is left of his evening goes down the toilet. He can't sleep, can't afford to call in, can't get a better job but can no longer tolerate this every day. His mind is made up to punish those in particular he thinks are causing his constant stress and OT and maybe just everyone he can.

It could've been me. I have major depressive disorder and bipolar tendencies. I am not mentally fit for the job, though I actually performed well. I just can't tolerate going over 8-9 hours of this work, mentally. So what I did, and the shooter should have done, is go on FMLA go seek help, stay in a psych ward a few days. Get diagnosed, be honest about violent thoughts. Stay on st disability until they find you another spot. Stay on their a..es. Get under ADA. They have to accommodate you. They cannot make you stay a driver. They tried that game on me but nope...never again. Money is not everything. And violence is not the answer. Hope this post helps someone out.
Props to you, I'm just not sure that route won't bite you in the :censored2: someday.

dudebro

But you sure could make life at work real difficult for them....
Yes. We absolutely did. And that person had a decision to make. I want to work here, or, I don't want to work here. People who took the red pill and overcame obstacles earned respect and their colleagues begin working with them again. People who really didn't want to work here - left.

I know it sounds like frat house nonsense, but it's also interpersonal dynamics, and it's the way the world works.

dudebro

Relax brother. Go listen to some Thompson Twins and relive how you did a 45 piece bulk stop on paper one day in 1984. We all know, the job was harder when you did it than now.... really, just keep disrespecting all of us. Btw, I would bet you couldn't do it today, if you had to.
You like the Thompson Twins? Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Into the Gap came out in '84, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. They've been compared to the Human League, but I think the twins have a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.