UPS to freeze pension plans for nonunion staffers

OrionsBitch

Not...
The problem with a 401k is it's not enough to retire on by itself. And all those pre tax contributions will be taxed when withdrawn, most likely at a higher rate.
Roth IRA, Roth 401K, HSA, Mutual Funds, Ind x Funds, Target Retirement Account, ETF's......pick any combination of at least 2....Max them out....live frugal and within your means......retire.....enjoy life.....buy hookers and blow

MAKAVELI

Roth IRA, Roth 401K, HSA, Mutual Funds, Ind x Funds, Target Retirement Account, ETF's......pick any combination of at least 2....Max them out....live frugal and within your means......retire.....enjoy life.....buy hookers and blow
Not every job pays $100k+ to make that viable. 401k for most people in America is all that is provided by their employers and isn't enough to retire on by itself, even if maxed out.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Not every job pays $100k+ to make that viable. 401k for most people in America is all that is provided by their employers and isn't enough to retire on by itself, even if maxed out.
Half of the things I mentioned can be done outside of your employer....if those aren't viable options then get a different job....if that isn't a viable option then you need to reconsider your lifestyle. Are you suggesting a higher minimum wage?! Lol

Poop Head

Judge me.
What's up your ass Dan?

When he says two tier wage he doesn't mean two progression steps, he means new hires will have a lower top rate. He repeats this theory over and over like a freakin broken record.
Thank you!! I see now. Yeah I've seen it before a few times about the two tiered progression, obviously thought he meant two steps and was confused.

542thruNthru

What's up your ass Dan?

When he says two tier wage he doesn't mean two progression steps, he means new hires will have a lower top rate. He repeats this theory over and over like a freakin broken record.

If Dan farts he thinks its a good reason for a two tier wage scale. Lord help us if he ever gets laid!