UPS to freeze pension plans for nonunion staffers

MAKAVELI

No but enough have went under plus SS which was set up to essentially be a pension. That they've proven not to be an effective model.

Like I've said a million times. They were effective when people retired at 50-55 and died at 65. They aren't effective now that those retiring at 55 are living into their 80's.
Social Security is failing in large part due to Bush financing 2 wars and tax cuts to the rich.

MAKAVELI

The limit goes up almost every year. 20k was a conservative estimate for the average of someone starting in the last 10 years.

The market on average goes up about 10% per year. That's over 80+ years of history. Are there a few lost decades sure. But you're going to gain over a 35 year career not lose.
What you gain is not guaranteed especially when you take into account for inflation, taxes and fees.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What you gain is not guaranteed especially when you take into account for inflation, taxes and fees.
If you're not willing to take some risk just stay at home and live off the government.

Nothing is guaranteed. Even the pension. Push comes to shove those companies would be bailed out with new laws in a heartbeat.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Obama fixed everything huh?

IMG_1341.GIF

bbsam

Staff member
It's strange. It's getting easier. Just talked to a chef at a Hibachi restaurant who brought up working at Ground. Thought he was just making small talk but by the end he was asking for the building location and whom to ask for.

Side note: of all the times we've been to this restaurant, his meal prep was by far the best we've had and we've never had a bad experience there.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's strange. It's getting easier. Just talked to a chef at a Hibachi restaurant who brought up working at Ground. Thought he was just making small talk but by the end he was asking for the building location and whom to ask for.

Side note: of all the times we've been to this restaurant, his meal prep was by far the best we've had and we've never had a bad experience there.
The standards for geound are much much lower though.

MAKAVELI

That is strange. Most chefs love what they do and make a good living at it.