UPS to freeze pension plans for nonunion staffers

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Did you sit on the sidelines for those 5 years and then blame Obama because you missed out on 5 years of growth? If so you're a fool who has no business making his own investing decisions.
I don't don't try and time the market ... like I said, I was even by early 2013.
5 years to get back where I was.
I don't do my own investing since 2005 ... I had enough to retire then ... I've got about 3 times more than I need to retire now.

Oh yeah, you're still working ... oh well!

MAKAVELI

That's cool. I understand that. I thought we were talking about how ups could get out of our pensions.

The only way that could happen with them still making plenty of money like now would be to give us a large defined contribution to our 401k.
401k were never meant to be the main source of income for retirement. There's a reason for that. It's to risky.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I don't don't try and time the market ... like I said, I was even by early 2013.
5 years to get back where I was.
I don't do my own investing since 2005 ... I had enough to retire then ... I've got about 3 times more than I need to retire now.

Oh yeah, you're still working ... oh well!
I love ya dude BUT.......Why you gotta be such an a * hole? ...you know over 90% of people here are "still working " right....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Personally, I hope UPS gets what it deserves. I'd love to see a day when they no longer have the manpower to run their business. I mean, honestly, I'd rather they reverse course and start doing what's necessary to keep their workforce happy and emplyed with the company... but we all know that will never happen.

Enjoy your twilight years UPS. It might be 5 years, a decade, or 20 years... but sooner or later, you'll be out of business.
I guess you don't work for UPS with that attitude.
If that happens, you will not have a pension or insurance when it happens.
Keep in mind, UPS Management is no more UPS than a Driver is ... we're all just employees.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It took 5 years to get back where it was but those that stayed in and continued to buy stocks super cheap in 08-09. Their balances recovered much quicker than 5 years.
Agree with that ... I made very good ROI for my continued investments from 2008 - 2013.
I worked 2 months in 2013 before I retired and I still put $22k in my 401k for 2013 (You can donate 100% of MIP to your 401k in the year you retire).