Vacation Question

My husband has been with UPS for 21 years and has always picked his vacation based on his seniority date (his is Sept 1st). Today management told him that he has to pick it based off driver seniority date (June). Curious how it is for other drivers at other hubs.

Brownwind

My husband has been with UPS for 21 years and has always picked his vacation based on his seniority date (his is Sept 1st). Today management told him that he has to pick it based off driver seniority date (June). Curious how it is for other drivers at other hubs.
That’s how it works. He just barely made upper seniority. Good news is he can pick six weeks vacation if he chooses the correct option.
I have 35 plus years and I’m third in line to pick. Some weeks are off limits if the guys above me pick them. It’s just how it goes.

Johney

Pineapple King
Vacation usually always go by classification seniority date, but not everywhere.

That’s how it works. He just barely made upper seniority. Good news is he can pick six weeks vacation if he chooses the correct option.
I have 35 plus years and I’m third in line to pick. Some weeks are off limits if the guys above me pick them. It’s just how it goes.
My question is, what date are they suppose to go off of? His starting seniority date or driving seniority date?

Brownwind

My question is, what date are they suppose to go off of? His starting seniority date or driving seniority date?
Depends on the supplement he is under. The teamsters send out notices and updates often. He can ask his steward or BA for the answer.
Is he active in the union.

Not recently, he's been a driver for 17 years now. They have always based it on starting seniority date when we had to pick his vacations. Usually he would Sept-August for his 6 weeks and now they want him to pick June-May.
His ft seniority date. I'm assuming he went from pt inside to ft driver recently?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What else is your husband telling you?

Ask yourself, why would this suddenly change after 21 years?

Something doesn't seem right here. 🤔

Commercial Inside Release

She talking about company seniority versus classification seniority...
They either switched from, or were mistakenly using company seniority, when most centers use classification seniority.

It's by classification, because a porter's schedule can't really conflict with a driver's, and why TF would a driver have to delay his vacation, because a 60yo preloader that has been with the center longer than anyone, wants his weeks.

@PippSqueak ask the union steward why they switched away from company seniority... Maybe a clueless manager is pulling a fast one.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not recently, he's been a driver for 17 years now. They have always based it on starting seniority date when we had to pick his vacations. Usually he would Sept-August for his 6 weeks and now they want him to pick June-May.
Maybe you should let hubby take care of it and go make some sammiches and take care of the younguns

She talking about company seniority versus classification seniority...
They either switched from, or were mistakenly using company seniority, when most centers use classification seniority.

It's by classification, because a porter's schedule can't really conflict with a driver's, and why TF would a driver have to delay his vacation, because a 60yo preloader that has been with the center longer than anyone, wants his weeks.

@PippSqueak ask the union steward why they switched away from company seniority... Maybe a clueless manager is pulling a fast one.
Thank you! He called shop steward and he said it's based on when his vacation populates and most drivers have their vacation show up on paystubs on their driver seniority date. When he looks at his paystub it is populating on his hire date. His entire management just got switched around. So I think there is some confusion.

542thruNthru

Depends on the supplement he is under.
200-8.gif

tenor-5.gif

You'd think we'd all learn to say this line by now. Especially if you've been on this site for over a year. :)

Bro, how small is your building that you can't have three drivers off?

Thebrownblob

Guarantee you he’s never picked his vacation based off his total company seniority.

Thebrownblob

Thank you! He called shop steward and he said it's based on when his vacation populates and most drivers have their vacation show up on paystubs on their driver seniority date. When he looks at his paystub it is populating on his hire date. His entire management just got switched around. So I think there is some confusion.
1729247023375.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You lookin to have some vacation wit another UPS man? I might know a few that can get any week off, where we heading?