Wal-Mart the ugly...handing out raises FDX next?

vantexan

Be thankful lol. Man they really got you fooled. They sat on it overseas because of Republicans, and you're thanking them.
Those companies discovered they could put an office into countries like Ireland and let that be their international headquarters. Since Ireland and a few other places had very low taxes they could shelter much of their worldwide income. It was a loophole not created by anyone here but took advantage of existing law. Once a few companies were seen doing this and it was upheld many companies jumped in. That's why lawyers earn big bucks. TTKU.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Those companies discovered they could put an office into countries like Ireland and let that be their international headquarters. Since Ireland and a few other places had very low taxes they could shelter much of their worldwide income. It was a loophole not created by anyone here but took advantage of existing law. Once a few companies were seen doing this and it was upheld many companies jumped in. That's why lawyers earn big bucks. TTKU.
Why do you think they were hording historic amounts of money?

Republicans did a repatriation "tax holiday" under bush. Then companies went back to hording and sheltering their money waiting for the next one. Rinse and repeat.

It's just a huge handout to corporations who don't pay their fair share.

vantexan

Republicans did a repatriation "tax holiday" under bush. Then companies went back to hording and sheltering their money waiting for the next one. Rinse and repeat.

It's just a huge handout to corporations who don't pay their fair share.
I don't know, could be that onerous tax rate. The U.S. is just one of two countries that taxes worldwide income on American citizens and companies. Companies get around that by putting their headquarters overseas in favorable tax havens. Their American income is still taxed, their outside income not. That's why there's so much money stashed overseas. You guys make out like it's snuck out of the country and hid in safety deposit boxes.

bacha29

Be thankful lol. Man they really got you fooled. They sat on it overseas because of Republicans, and you're thanking them.
Spot on Man. They made billions from the sale of their phones in the US stashed the money offshore then dictated to the American government the terms and the rate by which they were willing to pay. Let somebody like you and I try to get away with doing something like this and see what happens.

vantexan

Spot on Man. They made billions from the sale of their phones in the US stashed the money offshore then dictated to the American government the terms and the rate by which they were willing to pay. Let somebody like you and I try to get away with doing something like this and see what happens.
No they did not. They paid their taxes on items sold in U.S.. They shelter their overseas income in tax havens like Ireland. The U.S. taxes worldwide income but can't touch overseas income if company headquarters are moved offshore. The offset is those companies can't invest in the world's biggest economy with that money. Repatriation allows them to do that but it's not worth their while to repatriate at 35% corporate rate. So they pay less with new rate and our economy benefits from investment.

bacha29

No they did not. They paid their taxes on items sold in U.S.. They shelter their overseas income in tax havens like Ireland. The U.S. taxes worldwide income but can't touch overseas income if company headquarters are moved offshore. The offset is those companies can't invest in the world's biggest economy with that money. Repatriation allows them to do that but it's not worth their while to repatriate at 35% corporate rate. So they pay less with new rate and our economy benefits from investment.
Still holding on to the dream that happy days are here again thanks to Trump's tax cut I see. Well, let's see what you have to say about this.
CNBC did a survey of the 100 companies in the S&P 100 asking them what their plans are for the tax savings Trump got for them.....No response 48 "No Comment " 21 Spin doctored with no specific plans 21 Will hire and raise wages 10. How much plainer can it be made for you. Yes, Trump's tax cut will be a shot in the arm for the economy but like all injections they wear off after awhile . I'm taking the conservative approach by saying the cuts will not be as impactful nor will they last as long as will be needed to replace the lost revenues leaving two choices either massive cuts to social programs or the Treasury having to going into the credit markets and start hogging up an even bigger share of the available credit.

Oldfart

Still holding on to the dream that happy days are here again thanks to Trump's tax cut I see. Well, let's see what you have to say about this.
CNBC did a survey of the 100 companies in the S&P 100 asking them what their plans are for the tax savings Trump got for them.....No response 48 "No Comment " 21 Spin doctored with no specific plans 21 Will hire and raise wages 10. How much plainer can it be made for you. Yes, Trump's tax cut will be a shot in the arm for the economy but like all injections they wear off after awhile . I'm taking the conservative approach by saying the cuts will not be as impactful nor will they last as long as will be needed to replace the lost revenues leaving two choices either massive cuts to social programs or the Treasury having to going into the credit markets and start hogging up an even bigger share of the available credit.
Your post just lost merit when you mentioned CNBC.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Does that include infrastructure you know bridges highways, dams airports water and sewage upgrades? How about the NIH and CDC? Let's cut all federal support for public education. If you have money for college you can go. if not you don't. Perhaps USDA food plant inspections to keep you food safe. Does your cuts include police fire ambulance and rescue? How about Medicaid? Two thirds of Medicaid's budget goes to pay for the care of nursing home patients whose own funds have been exhausted and 62% of all nursing home patients are on Medicaid? Sure you could cut spending for critical public programs such as these at the federal level but where will the impact of such cuts be felt? It will fall right back onto the state and local governments.

Drama much?

59 Dano

You're delusional.
Unless people want to talk cuts to the military, Medicare, and social security, their debt talk is all lip service.

Cut welfare by half: $10 billion
National Endowment for the arts: $149 million
Bureau of Indian Affairs: $2.9 billion
Public broadcasting grants: $400 million

That's a start. Only took 5 minutes!

59 Dano

Except the previous one didn't income a WONDERFUL tax cut.

59 Dano

Spot on Man. They made billions from the sale of their phones in the US stashed the money offshore then dictated to the American government the terms and the rate by which they were willing to pay.

The government told them that they could keep their money elsewhere or bring it home and pay a ridiculously high tax rate on it. They chose the former. They were playing by the rules that were imposed upon them.