What are you listening to part three

image.jpg

wkmac

Went and saw these guys Thursday night. Having seen the original 40 years ago, sure was fun seeing and hearing it again live.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Black Label Society came my town the other night.... Another concert of getting beer spilled all over me...lol
That was one of the last concerts I went to.
BLS, Priest & Thin Lizzy.
That 2 minute video you posted is a short solo for Zakk. Usually they're 5 minutes plus, or so it seems.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
BSWalks, I never understood why nearly every darn rock or metal song must have a guitar solo, but no other instruments do. The bassist should have at least two solos, and the drummer take at least a two-minute solo. Keys as well. ;D

Oh look, Lady Ga....errr, nevermind.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
BSWalks, I never understood why nearly every darn rock or metal song must have a guitar solo, but no other instruments do. The bassist should have at least two solos, and the drummer take at least a two-minute solo. Keys as well. ;D

Oh look, Lady Ga....errr, nevermind.
Speaking of drum solos, I haven't seen one in quite a while! Lol
I know what you mean about guitar solos. Music is a collaboration. It's nothing less than amazing how some bands work together.especially as equal performers.
I think the best part of Zakk Wyldes solos at the show I saw, was the Smithwicks that they serve at the Tsongas. After a few minutes of him, we went and had a couple.

oldngray

nowhere special
Speaking of drum solos, I haven't seen one in quite a while! Lol
I know what you mean about guitar solos. Music is a collaboration. It's nothing less than amazing how some bands work together.especially as equal performers.
I think the best part of Zakk Wyldes solos at the show I saw, was the Smithwicks that they serve at the Tsongas. After a few minutes of him, we went and had a couple.

I remember when I saw Genesis a long time ago soon after Phil Collins took over from Peter Gabriel as lead singer. He had previously been the drummer and even though they added a new drummer they had 2 complete drum sets and had a long drum solo/duet that was pretty cool.