What are you listening to part three

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
...And in tribute to Ronnie James Dio.

"Too many flames with too much to burn
and life's only made of paper"

What a voice!!! He was so much better than Ozzy. Say a prayer for Tony Iommi. Not sure he is out of the woods yet. Love the main riff in "Voodoo". I'm currently working on it, but I'm going to be delayed until I recover from this ruptured tendon on my right middle finger.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What a voice!!! He was so much better than Ozzy. Say a prayer for Tony Iommi. Not sure he is out of the woods yet. Love the main riff in "Voodoo". I'm currently working on it, but I'm going to be delayed until I recover from this ruptured tendon on my right middle finger.
That is a great riff. Heck, pretty much every riff from Tony is a great one (even if they're recycled, his sound is fabulous). I'd like to see/hear your guitar playing, maybe I'll share something too.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I want a Neal Peart timed clock!!!!!!! Amazing, just amazing musician.

A hardcore motorcyclist,too. Used it to get through a rough time in his life. Probably is responsible for us being able to enjoy his musical talents today. You never see a motorcycle parked outside a therapist's office.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
That is a great riff. Heck, pretty much every riff from Tony is a great one (even if they're recycled, his sound is fabulous). I'd like to see/hear your guitar playing, maybe I'll share something too.

Yeah, not bad for a guy missing the tips off his right middle fingers. Hope he beat the lymphoma. I can do "Snowblind" pretty well. Love his sound of doom in his setup.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Who are your favorite players? Living or dead. Here I go in no particular order: George Lynch, Joe Satriani, Randy Rhoads, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Dimebag Darrel Abbot, Glenn Tipton and KK Downing, Dave Murray and Adrian Smith, Chris DeGarmo and Michael Wilton, Jeff Healey,Tony Iommi, and Kenny Wayne Sheppard.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Who are your favorite players? Living or dead. Here I go in no particular order: George Lynch, Joe Satriani, Randy Rhoads, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Dimebag Darrel Abbot, Glenn Tipton and KK Downing, Dave Murray and Adrian Smith, Chris DeGarmo and Michael Wilton, Jeff Healey,Tony Iommi, and Kenny Wayne Sheppard.
I like all those. Really don't have a favorite guitarist. My mother actually introduced me to metal in the early 80's when she bought me Screaming For Vengeance. I saw priest last year, Tipton still incredible, loved seeing Ian Hill (I play bass). Unfortunately kk had retired by then.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I like all those. Really don't have a favorite guitarist. My mother actually introduced me to metal in the early 80's when she bought me Screaming For Vengeance. I saw priest last year, Tipton still incredible, loved seeing Ian Hill (I play bass). Unfortunately kk had retired by then.

Seen Priest during "Defenders", "Turbo" and most recently "Angel of Retribution" and "Epitath". Sad to see KK go too. Ritchie Faulkner is pretty good, too. I do "British Steel" pretty much end to end. Thin Lizzy was a great opening act. Didn't care too much for Black Label Society. They had the drums miced so much it was making the change in my pocket vibrate. Saw Alice Cooper in November. He puts on a good show, especially for being 64. Saw Queensryche in 92, again at the Evergreen State Fair about 2010 and again in December 2011 just before they imploded. Bummer.
Screaming for Vengeance is what got me into metal. Electric Eye.....a song way ahead of its time in subject matter!
Did you know that Ian is the only original member? Lets hear that intro for "The Rage"!

Last edited:

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Seen Priest during "Defenders", "Turbo" and most recently "Angel of Retribution" and "Epitath". Sad to see KK go too. Ritchie Faulkner is pretty good, too. I do "British Steel" pretty much end to end. Thin Lizzy was a great opening act. Didn't care too much for Black Label Society. They had the drums miced so much it was making the change in my pocket vibrate. Saw Alice Cooper in November. He puts on a good show, especially for being 64. Saw Queensryche in 92, again at the Evergreen State Fair about 2010 and again in December 2011 just before they imploded. Bummer.
Screaming for Vengeance is what got me into metal. Electric Eye.....a song way ahead of its time in subject matter!
Did you know that Ian is the only original member? Lets hear that intro for "The Rage"!
I've seen all those priest tours too.
Same review of epithath. Thin Lizzy was incredible. Can't say enough how great they were. Plus the original guitarist reminded me of my father in law. BLS was ok. Zack has a couple songs I like. Mostly the slower stuff. 5 minutes into his 20 minute solo, we went & grabbed a couple Sammie's.
Funny to see all the aging metal heads there to see priest. What a showman Halford is.

BB King
Dave Evans (The Edge)
David Gilmore
Jack White
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Alex Lifeson
Geddy Lee
Flea
John Frucianti

Some of the best guitar players I've ever seen are guys who were just local players a blues clubs in Chicago. Bare minimal equipment doing stuff that some need tons of electronics to copy.