What are you listening to part three

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I've seen all those priest tours too.
Same review of epithath. Thin Lizzy was incredible. Can't say enough how great they were. Plus the original guitarist reminded me of my father in law. BLS was ok. Zack has a couple songs I like. Mostly the slower stuff. 5 minutes into his 20 minute solo, we went & grabbed a couple Sammie's.
Funny to see all the aging metal heads there to see priest. What a showman Halford is.

I was starting to look at my watch during that Zack Wilde 20 minute shred. Saw him on"That Metal Show". The guy is a real cut-up. He was messing with Geoff Tate. If Priest ever tours again, I would really like to see Motorhead open for them. Rob is quite a showman,indeed. That's what makes him such a great frontman.Ripper was good, but it wasn't the same. The last 2 tours were the first time I ever heard Rob drop an Fbomb. I wonder if Dave Holland is still in prison.
My next concert goal is to see Joe Satriani, even if I have to go by myself.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Some guys have a knack for it. Zack Wilde had people get his setup for him. When they found it, they put plexiglass over the knobs!
"These go to eleven."-Nigel Tufnel of Spinal Tap

I recently bought a Line6 Spider IV off EBAY and I think its going to be a while before I figure all the effects.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Smooooooooooth Jazz.
Emily Remler was a legendary female guitarist in that she was one of the very first to break into a "mans world" of jazz/blues/ etc. guitar playing and develop and master a unique voice, accepted among her peers (which are generally regarded as the most highly-skilled guitarists). Her life also had a tragic ending at age 32. Notice not one person mentioned a woman, for ex. I could listen to her playing all day, every day.

THIS is a dedicated musician.

"I may look like a nice Jewish girl from New Jersey, but inside I’m a 50-year-old, heavyset black man with a big thumb, like Wes Montgomery." ~People Mag. 1982~

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Emily Remler was a legendary female guitarist in that she was one of the very first to break into a "mans world" of jazz/blues/ etc. guitar playing and develop and master a unique voice, accepted among her peers (which are generally regarded as the most highly-skilled guitarists). Her life also had a tragic ending at age 32. Notice not one person mentioned a woman, for ex. I could listen to her playing all day, every day.

THIS is a dedicated musician.

"I may look like a nice Jewish girl from New Jersey, but inside I’m a 50-year-old, heavyset black man with a big thumb, like Wes Montgomery." ~People Mag. 1982~

Ok. Jennifer Batten, Lita Ford and Orianthi Panagaris.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Rush's "2112" album was an awesome one to get stoned to during lunch hour in high school. A friend of mine had this old Chevy panel van with no windows, no seats in back, and a curtain behind the front seats for privacy. He would park it at the far end of the school parking lot, and during lunch break a few of us guys would pile in the back of it, shut the doors, put my "2112" cassette into a boom box, and spend an hour ripping bong hits and jamming out.

curiousbrain

Rush's "2112" album was an awesome one to get stoned to during lunch hour in high school. A friend of mine had this old Chevy panel van with no windows, no seats in back, and a curtain behind the front seats for privacy. He would park it at the far end of the school parking lot, and during lunch break a few of us guys would pile in the back of it, shut the doors, put my "2112" cassette into a boom box, and spend an hour ripping bong hits and jamming out.

I wouldn't know anything about that.

edit: Although, I highly recommend putting on a helmet before you blast off.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

I suppose you were visiting Bangkok? Like I said, I like to play this one loud after local sort shuts down. And the AC/DC Ironman soundtrack album. Love that new one "Coldhearted man" with Bon Scott.