What to do with Meal/Unpaid .50 in my Timecard?

sambag

My Sup added .50 meal/unpaid in my timecard. I work over 8 hours a day as a ground driver. He said it’s because I’m slow. I need to be faster he said. During our training we were told to follow the speed limit esp. the school zone and they advice us not to run as not to hurt ourselves. Now my Sup telling me to be quick. This is stupid. I don’t want to get into an accident. Am I not allowed a break for working 8 consecutive hours? Should I complain to him or should I let it be? Is this normal? I’ve only been working for 2 months.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I’m confused. Did you take lunch or are you working through lunch and he is adding a meal in there to make your numbers look better?

Slinging Packages

Your lunch is 30 minutes unpaid but the Sup has no right to add .50 meal/unpaid time to your timecard plus you should be 06 Pay Guarantee not 05 actual pay. I would talk to your steward who should talk to the Sup and file a grievance if it doesn't get changed.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Your lunch is 30 minutes unpaid but the Sup has no right to add .50 meal/unpaid time to your timecard plus you should be 06 Pay Guarantee not 05 actual pay. I would talk to your steward who should talk to the Sup and file a grievance if it doesn't get changed.
Drivers are required to take their break. The sup was correct. Nothing to change.

sambag

I’m confused. That’s why he added 30 minutes unpaid. It doesn’t say 05 or 06 in the time card. It just says Pay Actual. What’s the difference with Pay Guarantee?

Slinging Packages

I’m confused. That’s why he added 30 minutes unpaid. It doesn’t say 05 or 06 in the time card. It just says Pay Actual. What’s the difference with Pay Guarantee?

Do you take a lunch everyday? If you do then .50 is unpaid and already taken out but if the Sup adds another .50 out it makes your numbers better and you get another .50 taken out of your pay now you have 1 hour of unpaid lunch. As far as 06 that means you are guaranteed 8 hours 05 means actual which is when ever you punch out.

sambag

Do you take a lunch everyday? If you do then .50 is unpaid and already taken out but if the Sup adds another .50 out it makes your numbers better and you get another .50 taken out of your pay now you have 1 hour of unpaid lunch. As far as 06 that means you are guaranteed 8 hours 05 means actual which is when ever you punch out.

I do take my lunch every day but it was never taken out.

So 06 means if I only work 5 hours, I will still get paid 8 hours?