What to do with Meal/Unpaid .50 in my Timecard?

sambag

Do you put lunch in the DIAD? If you do then its taken out. Yes if you are 06 and only work 5 you get paid 8
No, I don’t put lunch break in my diad. If I work 5 hours, I only get paid 5 hours. Pay code will then say Pay Actual. But if I work more than 8 hours, it will say Pay Guarantee. But now that my Sup added .50 meal/unpaid, my pay code is Pay Actual even when I work more than 8 hours.
When will I get Pay Guarantee? After 90 days?

Slinging Packages

if you take a lunch you're suppose to put it in the DIAD who trained you?? No pay guarantee if it says pay actual..What area are you in? Here in the Central its 30 days

No, I don’t put lunch break in my diad. If I work 5 hours, I only get paid 5 hours. Pay code will then say Pay Actual. But if I work more than 8 hours, it will say Pay Guarantee. But now that my Sup added .50 meal/unpaid, my pay code is Pay Actual even when I work more than 8 hours.
If you work 8 hours or more you have to take a lunch

ouanling

Sounds like you're in Canada.

You're paid hourly, no guaranteed hours.

You HAVE to punch in your lunch as its unpaid.

He did it for you because you were stealing 30mins of pay everyday.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My Sup added .50 meal/unpaid in my timecard. I work over 8 hours a day as a ground driver. He said it’s because I’m slow. I need to be faster he said. During our training we were told to follow the speed limit esp. the school zone and they advice us not to run as not to hurt ourselves. Now my Sup telling me to be quick. This is stupid. I don’t want to get into an accident. Am I not allowed a break for working 8 consecutive hours? Should I complain to him or should I let it be? Is this normal? I’ve only been working for 2 months.

He’s trying to make his numbers look better at your expense

I’d talk at stew to start with

ouanling

I think you’re correct. No guaranteed hours forever?
as far as ive been answered when i asked, no... We missed the boat.

but then again, people that don't get their 8hrs in a few time get more packages quite quickly, so theres not much of a point to it.

In canada were not watched as much so worst case is if you feel as if you wont get 8hrs in, just take more time

sambag

as far as ive been answered when i asked, no... We missed the boat.

but then again, people that don't get their 8hrs in a few time get more packages quite quickly, so theres not much of a point to it.

In canada were not watched as much so worst case is if you feel as if you wont get 8hrs in, just take more time
You answered my question. Thank you!

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
My Sup added .50 meal/unpaid in my timecard. I work over 8 hours a day as a ground driver. He said it’s because I’m slow. I need to be faster he said. During our training we were told to follow the speed limit esp. the school zone and they advice us not to run as not to hurt ourselves. Now my Sup telling me to be quick. This is stupid. I don’t want to get into an accident. Am I not allowed a break for working 8 consecutive hours? Should I complain to him or should I let it be? Is this normal? I’ve only been working for 2 months.
Dude you don’t need to drive faster just move all your next stops towards the front of the truck that way your not wasting steps to the back of the truck to grab your next stops. But you should probably get faster at starting the truck up and putting it in drive as fast as you can.

Dear Diary

UPS PC Slave

Timecard dishonesty is a firable offense. Your supervisor could have fired you on the spot for taking lunch breaks without punching them in.

Note that because the supervisor had to punch your lunch break in at a random time (since he wouldn't know when you took it), the center manager will get automatically notified if it happened when the truck was moving or you were delivering a stop. So 100% chance that they've both already discussed what you were doing, because the supervisor will get asked why you worked during a lunch break.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
your lunch and break rules are specific to your area. you should post what area you're in. and you should read your supplement to be sure what rules you're under.
and you should explain what is going on exactly, it's awfully confusing the way you put it.