When does the negotiations get to the economics/pay?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Zildjian As?
I like the new reworked Zildjian A's with the large "A" logo, as well as the new Avedis line. From the 1960s on, the Zildjian A's progressively got heavier and heavier because of the need to cut through more amps and noise, they lost the buttery feel and didn't open up quickly enough. Heavy and stiff. The new A's (2013 - )are so much better, like they used to be in the 50's and 60's.

But man I just bought a pair of pre-serial 15" Paiste 602 hi-hats that are like butter.. best hats I've ever owned, even better than my 14" Zildjian K dark hats.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I like the new reworked Zildjian A's with the large "A" logo, as well as the new Avedis line. From the 1960s on, the Zildjian A's progressively got heavier and heavier because of the need to cut through more amps and noise, they lost the buttery feel and didn't open up quickly enough. Heavy and stiff. The new A's (2013 - )are so much better, like they used to be in the 50's and 60's.

But man I just bought a pair of pre-serial 15" Paiste 602 hi-hats that are like butter.. best hats I've ever owned, even better than my 14" Zildjian K dark hats.
I had a Paiste 14 crash that I loved. Cracked that thing playing a show.

F

Frankie's Friend

Good stuff!
All you ever saw or heard about were Kildjians in the 60s and 70s. They seemed to split more often back then. Is that why they produced them heavier? IDK, but Zildjian, Ludwig, Slingerland, Pearl were all the big names back then. No one questioned the price unless you werent serious about being a percussionist.

F

Frankie's Friend

My best friend was a keyboard/percussionist guy that went to Berkley College in Boston, graduating in 2.5 years with a 4 yr degree. His folks had money so his set was top notch. He had Zildjians when no other high school kid could afford them.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Good stuff!
All you ever saw or heard about were Kildjians in the 60s and 70s. They seemed to split more often back then. Is that why they produced them heavier? IDK, but Zildjian, Ludwig, Slingerland, Pearl were all the big names back then. No one questioned the price unless you werent serious about being a percussionist.
Yeah Ludwig and Zildjian were the staples of the 1960's and 1970's. Wasn't until the early 80's that brands like Pearl and Tama started making headway with the imports. (Pearl Export - Toyota Corolla of drums! ) lol
Cymbals crack more easily when they cannot move freely or are more rigid, since the energy cannot disperse the same way. As a whole, Zildjian A's started getting heavier in the late 60's into the 80's only because people wanted louder cymbals for rock music, and weight/profile changes volume and projection. Now the trend is dark and thin cymbals - the new A's are definitely thinner.

F

Frankie's Friend

Yeah Ludwig and Zildjian were the staples of the 1960's and 1970's. Wasn't until the early 80's that brands like Pearl and Tama started making headway with the imports. (Pearl Export - Toyota Corolla of drums! ) lol
Cymbals crack more easily when they cannot move freely or are more rigid, since the energy cannot disperse the same way. As a whole, Zildjian A's started getting heavier in the late 60's into the 80's only because people wanted louder cymbals for rock music, and weight/profile changes volume and projection. Now the trend is dark and thin cymbals - the new A's are definitely thinner.
Rogers and Gretsch were also popular. Especially Gretsch.

Jb1534

Hello, I know we are in negotiation talks currently, just curious as to when does the union typically bring in the economic/pay portion of the proposal? Very interested in seeing the proposal for new part time starting wages and also the new raises for current employees.

Supposedly they're talking about starting new hires between $13-$15 an hour which would mean current loaders and unloaders still making starting pay would go up to at least $13-15 and as for other employees such as myself who is currently making $11.50 as a sorter I may end up with $15-$18 but the rumor is that the new hires will start at $13-$15 while all other employees stay at their current pay rate which in turn will cause hubs to go on strike because I know nobody will let newbies come in making more than the rest of us and expect us to be ok with some new idiot who probably wont make it get paid more than us I've already heard people talk about going on strike of that bs happens

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Supposedly they're talking about starting new hires between $13-$15 an hour which would mean current loaders and unloaders still making starting pay would go up to at least $13-15 and as for other employees such as myself who is currently making $11.50 as a sorter I may end up with $15-$18 but the rumor is that the new hires will start at $13-$15 while all other employees stay at their current pay rate which in turn will cause hubs to go on strike because I know nobody will let newbies come in making more than the rest of us and expect us to be ok with some new idiot who probably wont make it get paid more than us I've already heard people talk about going on strike of that bs happens
I’m pretty sure that won’t happen.