When does the negotiations get to the economics/pay?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Construction workers I know make more in roofing and concrete work than I do with the benefits added. Not everyone lives in Kentucky or West Virginia.
Bro-Dude-Homey .. Just for the record ..Because of the slave labor and wages at UPS, here in the Mountain State , UPS has trouble getting and keeping the body count to fill and keep the positions they need.
Why..shucks and pon my honor, even somebody from West Virginia has enough sense to drive a water truck 4 days a week for a 100K a year and 100% medical and dental.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Damn...Never heard of that before. It's almost like sharecropping in the old south. Can you imagine sitting on a charter bus for 2 hours each way to work preload or midnight for $11/hr? "Swing low, sweet chariot..." That bus must have smelled ripe on the way back!
They tried that here around 2014. I think they were paroled from the prison system. Many were shuttled in 1.5 hours away, and all they did was go do their drugs and sleep in the break room. And steal from people.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Damn...Never heard of that before. It's almost like sharecropping in the old south. Can you imagine sitting on a charter bus for 2 hours each way to work preload or midnight for $11/hr? "Swing low, sweet chariot..." That bus must have smelled ripe on the way back!
Oh it’s truly scrapping the bottom of the employment troff around here. On one of the charters one night that actually was full of helpers, they drank and got high on the way home. Subsequently they all were fired. Other instance....or should I say three instances involved peak hires coordinating with accomplices to come on to the property during the morning operation and throwing packages into rental trucks off of our various MDU’s. Hell one of the crews just attempted to steal one of our rentals on site. So yeah, you can see that paying a good wage is far more of an operational necessity then some on here are willing to admit.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

Bro-Dude-Homey .. Just for the record ..Because of the slave labor and wages at UPS, here in the Mountain State , UPS has trouble getting and keeping the body count to fill and keep the positions they need.
Why..shucks and pon my honor, even somebody from West Virginia has enough sense to drive a water truck 4 days a week for a 100K a year and 100% medical and dental.
Is that White Cloud Mountain Water dude?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Is that White Cloud Mountain Water dude?
Oil and Gas baby, oil and gas. Money everywhere. Pourin' like rain for the next 20 years.
If I was 21 today and UPS offered me full time with any route I wanted, I would smile and wave bye bye.
The boys in the palace better give you guys somethin' worth sighin'.