When's the last time your center has a hired a RPCD?

JustDeliverIt

Ya it's ridiculous. I work in Illinois and in the center I am in drivers are retiring but 22.4 drivers are not being converted.

Here's what you have to figure out. They are allowed to have 25% of the drivers as 22.4. If they didn't have the full 25%, the retirements might not have pushed them over. Something you have to talk to your BA/steward about. If the percentage is above 25% file some grievances to get things moving.

Our center has had guys slide up, but we have had quite a few retirements the last 18 months. Most guys aren't getting to their third year of progression before sliding up. Retirements are starting to slow down, so will 22.4's moving up to RPCD.

kforte36

Level of skill doesn't matter though. Just because a regular driver has been doing the job longer doesn't always mean they are more skilled.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ya it's ridiculous. I work in Illinois and in the center I am in drivers are retiring but 22.4 drivers are not being converted. Your point also assumes that 22.4 drivers would be converted at all. It may never happen.. With the part time wage increases we would get in addition to the 30.64, the pay would be $35. So not terrible but should be the same for doing the same job.

Read your contract. They can only have 25% 22.4. RPCD is awarded based on seniority. As drivers retire, they would have to convert 22.4's assuming they bid on the RPCD positions.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
THE FEW
THE PROUD
A RPCD IS SIMILAR TO A NAVY SEAL
1/1,000,000,000 make it

🧔✊
29134223SGJ750ym.gif

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Why so much hate for 22.4 drivers? They do the same job as you, more stops than you and are paid much less. Not all of them are bad. Many are just as good as the "regular" drivers.
they never had to learn how to drive a manual package car and now have GPS …THEY DESERVE LESS!!!!!!!

@MECH-lift learned off paper maps and a compass

smoke signals were used in @rod day

✊🧔‍♂️

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
they never had to learn how to drive a manual package car and now have GPS …THEY DESERVE LESS!!!!!!!

@MECH-lift learned off paper maps and a compass

smoke signals were used in @rod day

✊🧔‍♂️
You are a runny gunny rusty sawzall blader tho

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand

You don't even lift.

But...

I do agree that anyone who can't drive stick should take 33 stops off me no matter their title

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
It's such bull****. They do more stops than regular drivers for 50% less pay. The regular drivers still complain about their routes even though they can do them with their eyes closed.
It’s the other way around at my Building. The 22.4’s get babied & hack up routes while the RPCD’s do the job right. After vacation I always have 2-3 driver follow-ups & other bs to clean up