Why collective bargaining?

Atomic_Smurf

Lets say you worked your way up to the position of organizer in the IBT. You win an election in a industry in a rtw work state. In a few months the newly signed members start bailing out after you just increased their wages, benefits, seniority, and stability. Do you just say " oh well I got them a good career, but its their choice to pay dues??, thats laughable, you can justify that, you are lost

Sent using BrownCafe App
That's doesn't happen when unions increase wages, benefits and stability & you can't show me anywhere that it has. I could only see that happening in a union where its leadership was crooked, corrupt & unaccountable. Nobody wants a union that's crooked, corrupt & unaccountable unless you are one of the bosses or politicians on the business end.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Is there any wisdom, any whatsoever that you can share with us about WHY RTW is bad for workers? Anything?
If the people who did not want to join the union would get non-union wages and benefits, then I would be OK with it, but if they get all union benefits, then they should have to pay for the added compensation and representation.

This issue swaps peoples political sides in that Republicans are in favor of giving people benefits for nothing, and the Democrats oppose it.

Work safe or not at all.

No. I want the union to be accountable for their resources. To earn them by representing workers instead representing politicians in washington. RTW is a state by state issue but if it weren't, it would be at the absolute bottom of my list of concerns with everything else falling apart in our country today. Democrats only us it as a get-out-the-vote tool...for tools.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The fact that you view our country as "falling apart" is proof that you are being used. Politicians from Washington on have used this idea to manipulate the weak minded.

File early, file often.

Atomic_Smurf

If the people who did not want to join the union would get non-union wages and benefits, then I would be OK with it, but if they get all union benefits, then they should have to pay for the added compensation and representation.

This issue swaps peoples political sides in that Republicans are in favor of giving people benefits for nothing, and the Democrats oppose it.
No. Those workers earn their union wages & benefits the same as the dues paying guy next to them. Every day, one package at a time. They just don't have to feel responsible for funding the Democrats that steal earned HC benefits from working folks, bury their children in debt, deny healthcare to veterans, etc, etc. I'm sure they sleep fine at night knowing their dues aren't being used against them, their families & their country.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Work safe or not at all.

No. Those workers earn their union wages & benefits the same as the dues paying guy next to them. Every day, one package at a time. They just don't have to feel responsible for funding the Democrats that steal earned HC benefits from working folks, bury their children in debt, deny healthcare to veterans, etc, etc. I'm sure they sleep fine at night knowing their dues aren't being used against them, their families & their country.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The fact that you equate paying dues with "funding Democrats" is another proof that you have been duped.

File early, file often.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Sent using BrownCafe App
What a ridiculous attempt to connect unrelated dots.
The problems you reference aren't exclusive to either party.
They are both friend'd up in their own way.

Atomic_Smurf

The fact that you view our country as "falling apart" is proof that you are being used. Politicians from Washington on have used this idea to manipulate the weak minded.

File early, file often.
Where is the country doing well? Please say "Wall $treet". Please please. I love it when the party of Occupy Wall Street points to Wall Street is Obama's only success.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

What a ridiculous attempt to connect unrelated dots.
The problems you reference aren't exclusive to either party.
They are both friend'd up in their own way.
Pretty sure the Republicans had nothing to do with the new law that's caused millions of Americans to lose their health care plans, the systematic denial of care for our veterans across the country or the doubling of our national debt by the time Hopey Dopey leaves Office. Sadly they have been inept bystanders.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Work safe or not at all.

Where is the country doing well? Please say "Wall $treet". Please please. I love it when the party of Occupy Wall Street points to Wall Street is Obama's only success.

Sent using BrownCafe App

My house. The country is doing well at my house. I'm to assume that your house is not doing well? You need a union job. Your house would be doing well if you had a union job.

File early, file often.

Atomic_Smurf

My house. The country is doing well at my house. I'm to assume that your house is not doing well? You need a union job. Your house would be doing well if you had a union job.

File early, file often.
Have you not broke the news to your family about their health insurance? Its being downgraded & its only fair that you don't keep it from them. You'll just want to have an answer ready when they ask why you supported that. I'm just hoping my union job benefits will continue despite our union presidents claim that its "unsustainable" under the new healthcare law.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

In a fair world, only the idiots that supported Obama's healthcare price gouging & redistribution bill would have to pay for it. Unfortunately we all have to suffer the consequences, earned by the weak minded & uninformed that cling to the lies & deception of their closet-commie masters.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Never Forget...

Sent using BrownCafe App

Attachments

• 1405855007596.jpg
    1405855007596.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 1405855024888.jpg
    1405855024888.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 1405855052557.jpg
    1405855052557.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 121

Atomic_Smurf

Obamacare is the path to single payer, where every union family can enjoy the same systematic denial of care as our veterans so that government workers can take home huge bonuses.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Attachments

• 1405857839144.jpg
    1405857839144.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 121