Write up for electronic? (Scan count)

AllOnTheHorses

Somewhere in the contract there is a statement about electronic information not being used against us.
Do scan percentages etc for preload fall under that protection? Or is it just drivers (regarding diad info)?

542thruNthru

Somewhere in the contract there is a statement about electronic information not being used against us.
Do scan percentages etc for preload fall under that protection? Or is it just drivers (regarding diad info)?
No it doesn't. Any kind of performs numbers fall under Article 37. Fair days work for a fair days pay.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The company skimps on preloaders so quality suffers. Everything is scanned on the belt. Missorts happen, often not scanned or scanned to wrong truck.

Better to pay the drivers overtime searching for something that isn't there or driving to deliver later.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
@542thruNthru post the technology and discipline page from the master.
"No driver shall be discharged based solely upon information received from GPS, telematics, or any successor system that similarly tracks or surveils a driver’s movements unless he/she engages in dishonesty (defined for the purposes of this paragraph as any intentional act or omission by an employee where he/she intends to defraud the Company)"

Think that just deals with certain types of technology, not all technology.
Its article 6 section 6

AllOnTheHorses

6.6 , That is the one I was thinking of, TurdFerguson. I wish preload had similar protections.
Slow scanning equip, broken scanners, no replacement batteries.. Etc..all contribute to low numbers; all of which are blamed on the loader.
Morale breaker at best.

Rack em

Made the Podium
"No driver shall be discharged based solely upon information received from GPS, telematics, or any successor system that similarly tracks or surveils a driver’s movements unless he/she engages in dishonesty (defined for the purposes of this paragraph as any intentional act or omission by an employee where he/she intends to defraud the Company)"

Think that just deals with certain types of technology, not all technology.
Its article 6 section 6
That's right, this last contract they changed the word employee to driver.

Rack em

Made the Podium
6.6 , That is the one I was thinking of, TurdFerguson. I wish preload had similar protections.
Slow scanning equip, broken scanners, no replacement batteries.. Etc..all contribute to low numbers; all of which are blamed on the loader.
Morale breaker at best.
Don't worry about their crappy technology, just show up, do your job, and they can't really do much to you. "Numbers" are for ups, and don't actually matter.

AllOnTheHorses

Actually, at our center they are writing up and suspending for scan counts under 95 percent. Couple of people fired.
Lots of new cheap people to fill the gap..young with no cares about benefits or union..this seems to be the new ups.

Tech is how management can drain off us more expensive workers who care about a strong union.

PPH_over_9000

Actually, at our center they are writing up and suspending for scan counts under 95 percent. Couple of people fired.
Lots of new cheap people to fill the gap..young with no cares about benefits or union..this seems to be the new ups.

Tech is how management can drain off us more expensive workers who care about a strong union.

I went through that on the preload. If >95% scans is that important, and you can't get a package off the belt, scanned and properly loaded without missing packages or causing a back-up/jam, then you gotta stack out. Don't go overboard but make a point of not putting anything into your trucks that hasn't been scanned yet.

A trick to that, though, you can scan a package, then hit the barcode inside the truck (the same one that you use to sort of sign in to your pull with your scanner) and drop what you've got on the floor. If the barcodes are in the back of your trucks then you don't even have to set foot inside for the scan to get logged and the package shown as on-car. Load it when you get a chance, and if you think you may not have scanned that one... :censored2: it, scan it again before you load it. Anything you don't have time to hit with a scan, leave it outside it's truck. Scan it when you can, toss it in the truck, load it when you get a chance. Just don't let it get to the point where you've got a pile of boxes so big you can't get in or around your trucks.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I went through that on the preload. If >95% scans is that important, and you can't get a package off the belt, scanned and properly loaded without missing packages or causing a back-up/jam, then you gotta stack out. Don't go overboard but make a point of not putting anything into your trucks that hasn't been scanned yet.

A trick to that, though, you can scan a package, then hit the barcode inside the truck (the same one that you use to sort of sign in to your pull with your scanner) and drop what you've got on the floor. If the barcodes are in the back of your trucks then you don't even have to set foot inside for the scan to get logged and the package shown as on-car. Load it when you get a chance, and if you think you may not have scanned that one... * it, scan it again before you load it. Anything you don't have time to hit with a scan, leave it outside it's truck. Scan it when you can, toss it in the truck, load it when you get a chance. Just don't let it get to the point where you've got a pile of boxes so big you can't get in or around your trucks.

tenor (28).gif

DriverNerd

Who cares if you fall behind? Just scan everything. Whenever this happens in my hub, my preloader usually apologizes for the mess and the fact he isn't done. I tell him not to apologize, if they want you to scan, just scan. Who cares if it slows you down? I'm not excited about having to load my own stuff, but it's not the preloaders fault.