Write ups for using the bathroom, drinking, stretching and timing out bathroom breaks

GreenRedoubt

So at my center there being extra hard asses on us preloaders lately to get done before driver start time. This week especially. Today at PCM we were told we had to tell a supervisor when we leave our work area to go to the restroom. If not, it was “a failure to follow instruction.” Several of us got a warning and next time would be write ups. Couldnt find anything in the contract about this, however, I know you can disobey an instruction for 3 reasons: immoral, illegal, and unsafe.
Usually there’s one supervisor in the unload and this past week it’s been 3 constantly watching us. We shouldn’t have to hold our bladder if there is no sup around and we shouldn’t have to tell one if there is. So how do we fight this? Contract article? BOLI? OSHA?
As in the title, people have been called out for drinking while working and stretching too.
I understand why there doing this, some lazy preloaders use the bathroom to avoid work for unbelievable amounts of time. The sup will say “go unload door 3” then the preloader goes to the bathroom literally up to 40 mins while someone else covers for them. Some 20-30 mins at a time multiple times a day when we’re guaranteed 3 1/2 hours.
Also 2 unloaders will go at a “safe pace” and take 2-2 1/2 hours for a trailer that’s at least 800 pieces and 5+ hours for a 53.
As you can see, my center is a :censored2: show

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Doesn’t sound like an OSHA issue here. Or a contract violation.

They’re not stopping you from going. You just have to tell them you’re going.

Trying to stop part timers wandering around, I’d guess.

Right lol they just want to be able to figure out if they need coverage while these guys disappear to go burn one 🔥

DriverNerd

If they want you to tell them you're going to the bathroom, just walk around until you find one and tell them. As for drinking, if supervisors are harassed you for drinking water at UPS in the summer, then file a harassment grievance against them.

Seems like harassment. Have your union steward talk to them and if the problem persists file a grievance. Perhaps even an anonymous complaint with OSHA. One with your name on it if you're living in the edge. 💪💪💪

I have NOT been lurking

Eat. Sleep. Work. Jork.
They don't call it the United Pot Smokers for nothing. ✅✅✅
I hate non Class A people
tumblr_9083e73b9e80e6082548355cf2789382_ff3aa05a_540.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So at my center there being extra hard asses on us preloaders lately to get done before driver start time. This week especially. Today at PCM we were told we had to tell a supervisor when we leave our work area to go to the restroom. If not, it was “a failure to follow instruction.” Several of us got a warning and next time would be write ups. Couldnt find anything in the contract about this, however, I know you can disobey an instruction for 3 reasons: immoral, illegal, and unsafe.
Usually there’s one supervisor in the unload and this past week it’s been 3 constantly watching us. We shouldn’t have to hold our bladder if there is no sup around and we shouldn’t have to tell one if there is. So how do we fight this? Contract article? BOLI? OSHA?
As in the title, people have been called out for drinking while working and stretching too.
I understand why there doing this, some lazy preloaders use the bathroom to avoid work for unbelievable amounts of time. The sup will say “go unload door 3” then the preloader goes to the bathroom literally up to 40 mins while someone else covers for them. Some 20-30 mins at a time multiple times a day when we’re guaranteed 3 1/2 hours.
Also 2 unloaders will go at a “safe pace” and take 2-2 1/2 hours for a trailer that’s at least 800 pieces and 5+ hours for a 53.
As you can see, my center is a :censored2: show
Piss all over yourself next time you can’t find a supe See how that goes

MangoMango

Doesn’t sound like an OSHA issue here. Or a contract violation.

They’re not stopping you from going. You just have to tell them you’re going.

Trying to stop part timers wandering around, I’d guess.
I can remember a lot of part timers wandering around during the sort, back in the day. LOL

If they're singing out a single group of employees or an employee then it's harassment. Aside from that you have a right to use the bathroom. I had a supervisor follow me to the bathroom twice and the second time I got a Steward. They never bothered me again.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
It is not unreasonable to Inform your boss that you're leaving your position to use the bathroom, if they instruct you to inform them.

However, If they are making you ask permission to use the bathroom, that is unreasonable.

Tell them, go use the bathroom, then tell them your back, and go back to work.
Stop making it anything other than that.

Grow a pair, or :censored2: your pants. Its Your call, Not your supervisor

Wtaf is going on with reason these days