“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
God cannot save because he loves his creation, and water baptism does not wash away sin.
Tell that to Ananias and Saul whom he told to”Arise and be baptized and wash away your sins” — Acts 22:16

obscuring the finished work of God (Jesus) on the cross.
Obedience to the gospel puts the cross in a place where the work of God is revealed as perfect .

The finished work of my Saviour is sufficient for me,
It must have not have been for 3,000 people who wee 50 days since Jesus died on the cross in Acts 2 . In verse 37, After Peter preached and they believed Jesus was the son of God, they asked in verse 37, “ what shall we DO?” ... Peter said in verse 38 “ go home, you have believed, it’s all good, Jesus finished up on the cross for you!”..... wait... wait... I better check that again... oh my... “ Repent and be baptized for the remission of your sins...... uh oh
I have no ritual to add,
That’s right. You add no “ritual “. God put that in.

God cannot save because he loves his creation
Uh... that’s why he did save us ... you know that verse “ God so loved the world....” Ephesians 1 discusses the eternal plan ( before he made the world)of God to save us the through his son Jesus Christ.

BrownFlush

I noticed your funny Flush.
Thanks

You add your obedience to the blood of God as what is sufficient,
It’s definitely sufficient if you have come in contact with it and the body (His) where the blood is.
That obedience wasn’t added by me. Might want to check out the NT on what people were told to DO to become Christians.
Romans 6 ( among a 100 other places)pictures that obedience and when one comes in contact with the blood.
I'll trust God and His lamb.
You don’t trust them enough to believe what they told you to do ... you know... like in the comment above.. the faith ( trust) that is required, you have shown nothing.

You set a new law, not so much different than the old law.
You read?

How are we saved?

A counter to the false teaching that @Integrity frequently post of Ephesians two verses eight and nine in an effort to prove the doctrine of salvation by faith only. Paul says this about false teachers in the very letter @Integrity keeps quoting "Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them" (Eph. 5: 11).

Again, the only time the expression "faith only" is found in all God's Holy word is in James 2:24 where James says, "You see then how that by works a man is justified and NOT by faith only".
Grace means unmerited favor. No man can work big enough, or hard enough, to earn the bountiful blessings showered upon him day by day by our Heavenly Father. The clothing we wear, the food eat, and the very air we breathe, are all manifestations of God's bountiful grace.But, we cannot conclude that man is completely passive in the application of these blessings. He must breathe the air, eat the food, and wear the clothing if he is to receive any benefit from God's unmerited favor in these matters.

What you could not do for yourself spiritually, the grace of God has abundantly done for you. You could never have supplied for yourself a Saviour. Also, you could have never worked out a plan of salvation for himself that God would have accepted.
Because of the seriousness of sin it was necessary that blood be shed as an atonement. "And without shedding of blood is no remission" (Heb. 9:22). Animal blood would not suffice. 'For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins (Heb.10: 4). "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him" (Rom. 5:8,9). " . . . And the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin" (I Jno. 1:7).
"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things . . .but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot"(I Pet. 1:18,19).
These passages show clearly that God's grace has been extended to us in the provision of the blood of his Son for the remission of our sin.
The text that @Integrity keeps putting out there is God's grace plus man's faith saves. The Ephesians who received this letter were already Christians. They were having trouble with some Jewish converts who were falsely teaching that the law of Moses, ( works of the law that were no longer in effect, nailed to the cross) that one needed to be a Christian plus be circumcised ( a work of the law) to be saved.
@Integrity has drawn a false conclusion from Eph.2:8-10 that is, that salvation is unconditional and anything that a person does toward his own salvation is "working" for it. Nothing could be further from the truth.
You must accept and obey God's spiritual laws in order to receive the spiritual blessings, just as you must breathe the air, eat the food, and wear the clothing to receive physical blessings.
Man's part then is to exercise his faith. "Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth. Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever" (I Pet. 1:22,23). "Why call ye me Lord, Lord and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46). "Not every one that sayeth unto me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven; but he that DOETH (caps mine) the will of my Father which is in heaven" (Mat. 7:21). Man is commanded to: (1) Believe, Jno. 8:24; (2) Repent, Luke 13:3; (3) Confess, Acts 8:37; (4) Be baptized, Acts 2:38; (5) Live godly. Rev. 2:10b.
The apostle Paul warns the disobedient by saying that Jesus will come "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ" (II Thess. 1:7).
We accept God's grace by obeying his commandments through faith.
New law? You’re the one spouting false doctrine I can’t find any where in scripture what you are promoting...oh yeah... what is this.. the 10th or 12th time you’ve deflected on the Holy Spirit baptism you had? When, where, how, and you knew...
I might be funny to you but your the spinning Riddler.

floridays

Tell that to Ananias and Saul whom he told to”Arise and be baptized and wash away your sins” — Acts 22:16

Obedience to the gospel puts the cross in a place where the work of God is revealed as perfect .

It must have not have been for 3,000 people who wee 50 days since Jesus died on the cross in Acts 2 . In verse 37, After Peter preached and they believed Jesus was the son of God, they asked in verse 37, “ what shall we DO?” ... Peter said in verse 38 “ go home, you have believed, it’s all good, Jesus finished up on the cross for you!”..... wait... wait... I better check that again... oh my... “ Repent and be baptized for the remission of your sins...... uh oh

That’s right. You add no “ritual “. God put that in.

Uh... that’s why he did save us ... you know that verse “ God so loved the world....” Ephesians 1 discusses the eternal plan ( before he made the world)of God to save us the through his son Jesus Christ.
For, equals because of the remission of sins

For does not equal, to remit sins.
Thanks

It’s definitely sufficient if you have come in contact with it and the body (His) where the blood is.
That obedience wasn’t added by me. Might want to check out the NT on what people were told to DO to become Christians.
Romans 6 ( among a 100 other places)pictures that obedience and when one comes in contact with the blood.

You don’t trust them enough to believe what they told you to do ... you know... like in the comment above.. the faith ( trust) that is required, you have shown nothing.

You read?

New law? You’re the one spouting false doctrine I can’t find any where in scripture what you are promoting...oh yeah... what is this.. the 10th or 12th time you’ve deflected on the Holy Spirit baptism you had? When, where, how, and you knew...
I might be funny to you but your the spinning Riddler.
The baptism is by the Holy Spirit, that is when I was placed in the Body of Christ, on belief.

Every other baptism in the Bible is a picture of the one baptism.
There is one baptism, it ain't in water.

floridays

A good friend of mine was a Catholic. We shared an apartment in Rockford, Illinois. together after high school. Six days a week he would be the biggest drunk, shoplifter, druggie, racist, womanizer in town but EVERY Friday he ate his fish sandwiches and ALWAYS went to church on Sundays.
All my friends up north were Catholic, never knew a Catholic growing up in Florida, not one.

I like my Catholic friends and their families. Good families, good fun, pretty girls.

BrownFlush

For, equals because of the remission of sins

For does not equal, to remit sins.
So Peter told them to repent and be baptized BECAUSE they had their sins forgiven?
The New Testament was originally written in the Greek language, so certain words, that we question, we have go back to the original language. You can study the usage of the same word in other passages of the New Testament, or you can look in a Greek lexicon for the meaning.
"for." Does "for" mean "because of" or does it mean "in order to?" If "for" means "because of," then it means that we are to be baptized because we have been saved. If "for" means, "in order to," then it means that we are to be baptized in order to be saved

"Men and Brethren, what shall we do?' "And Peter said unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ into the remission of your sins; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38, A.S.V.). "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" (K.J.V.).
The New Testament was originally written in the Greek language, so to know for certain what the apostles or Christ meant when they used certain words, sometimes we have to go back to the original language itself. You can study the usage of the same word in other passages of the New Testament, or you can look in a Greek lexicon for the meaning.

"for." Does "for" mean "because of" or does it mean "in order to?" If "for" means "because of," then it means that we are to be baptized because we have been saved. If "for" means, "in order to," then it means that we are to be baptized in order to be saved. There is no other alternative.

The English word "for" in this passage comes from a Greek preposition," eis." Every scholar , all of them, say that "eis" never looks backward but, always forward; that is, it is never rendered "because of" or on "account of" in all the New Testament, and it never had that meaning in any New Testament passage-not one"
I have quotations of this passage, Acts 2:38, from twenty-eight separate translations, and not one of them renders the expression "for the remission of sins" as "because of the remission of sins," or "on account of the remission of sins.
There is no reputable Greek scholar that renders eis "because of" or "on account of."
There are words in the Greek language that mean "because of," or "on account," but the one used in Acts 2:38, eis, always means "in order to, or unto."
So then, Peter was telling these Jews to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ in order to receive the remission of sins.

In Rom. 10:10, when Paul said, "for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation," Paul states that man "believes unto righteousness," and "confesses unto salvation." The same preposition translated "for" in Acts 2:38 is here used. Does it mean "because of" or "in order to" here?
Just a guess, but I bet you believe in order to righteousness, and not because of righteousness, and that you confess in order to be saved, and not because you are saved.
There are other instances in which this word is used, and in every single time its used, it means that repentance, confession or baptism is unto the remission of sins, or in order to receive the remission of sins.

Think about it, whatever repentance is for, baptism is for in Acts 2:38
You never heard anyone say that you were to repent because you have been saved. You repent in order to be saved.
Baptism and repentance are for the same purpose, and both are in order to be saved.
Can you be saved without repenting? Nope. And neither can you be saved without baptism. One cannot be saved without baptism, for both repentance and baptism are "for the remission of sins."
The baptism is by the Holy Spirit,
Sorry. You speak a lie.
Baptism of the Holy Spirit occurred only twice in the last 2000 years . In Acts 1 and Acts10. Both times were prophesied and for a purpose that God intended. Both times the administrator of that baptism was the Holy Spirit. Both times that" baptism" was actually power given to perform the miraculous .To speak different languages (for a purpose) heal, etc.
What miracle could you perform after you were baptized by the HS? ( I'll refrain form poking fun but, what an opportunity to chide,)

The only baptism that one can administer to another is water baptism. That is the "one baptism" Paul speaks of in Ephesians 4. That is what washed away Saul's sins you failed to address.

that is when I was placed in the Body of Christ, on belief.
No you weren't .
Notice Acts 2..When the church was established in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost . After obedience the 3000 were added
"to the church" that the saved are added (Acts 2:47). There are no saved out of the church; there can be none. For everyone who is "saved" is "added" to the church by the same one who saves him - God.
What this text is teaching, is this: Under the teaching and direction of the Holy Spirit of God, men have been baptized into Jesus Christ. As a result of their having been baptized, the blood of Christ has washed away their sins and Jesus has added them to his church​
Do you get voted in by men where you go?

There is one baptism, it ain't in water.
You right about there is only one.
You're wrong about it not being in water.
"eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." Eph.4

FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT ARE ONE IN:
1. Nature - Deity
2. Substance - Spirit
3. Character - Holy
4. Purpose - Salvation
5. Work - Gospel
WATER AND HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM ARE TWO IN:
2. Purpose - Water baptism to save and Holy Spirit to reveal truth
3. Administration - Water baptism by man and Holy Spirit baptism by God
4. Time - Administered at different times (Acts 2:1-4, 38, 41; 10:44-48)

floridays

Where are you,

BrownFlush

easy yes or no, is water baptism the one baptism?

I'm expecting your deluge of scripture, which I love, don't ever stop quoting scripture,

but I'm looking for,
Yes, and this is precisely why it is, Chapter and verse.

I don't want any Grace and works, not looking for a new law, one you frame as Grace and obedience equals salvation.

BrownFlush

one you frame as Grace and obedience equals salvation.
I didn't frame anything.
It was God's handiwork and plan before He created the universe.
The baptism is by the Holy Spirit, that is when I was placed in the Body of Christ, on belief.
So...baptism by the HS means/is you get placed in the Body of Christ the instant you believe?
Man oh man if we just had a verse. You know, where God said this was true. If only.....

floridays

So Peter told them to repent and be baptized BECAUSE they had their sins forgiven?
The New Testament was originally written in the Greek language, so certain words, that we question, we have go back to the original language. You can study the usage of the same word in other passages of the New Testament, or you can look in a Greek lexicon for the meaning.
"for." Does "for" mean "because of" or does it mean "in order to?" If "for" means "because of," then it means that we are to be baptized because we have been saved. If "for" means, "in order to," then it means that we are to be baptized in order to be saved

"Men and Brethren, what shall we do?' "And Peter said unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ into the remission of your sins; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38, A.S.V.). "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" (K.J.V.).
The New Testament was originally written in the Greek language, so to know for certain what the apostles or Christ meant when they used certain words, sometimes we have to go back to the original language itself. You can study the usage of the same word in other passages of the New Testament, or you can look in a Greek lexicon for the meaning.

"for." Does "for" mean "because of" or does it mean "in order to?" If "for" means "because of," then it means that we are to be baptized because we have been saved. If "for" means, "in order to," then it means that we are to be baptized in order to be saved. There is no other alternative.

The English word "for" in this passage comes from a Greek preposition," eis." Every scholar , all of them, say that "eis" never looks backward but, always forward; that is, it is never rendered "because of" or on "account of" in all the New Testament, and it never had that meaning in any New Testament passage-not one"
I have quotations of this passage, Acts 2:38, from twenty-eight separate translations, and not one of them renders the expression "for the remission of sins" as "because of the remission of sins," or "on account of the remission of sins.
There is no reputable Greek scholar that renders eis "because of" or "on account of."
There are words in the Greek language that mean "because of," or "on account," but the one used in Acts 2:38, eis, always means "in order to, or unto."
So then, Peter was telling these Jews to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ in order to receive the remission of sins.

In Rom. 10:10, when Paul said, "for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation," Paul states that man "believes unto righteousness," and "confesses unto salvation." The same preposition translated "for" in Acts 2:38 is here used. Does it mean "because of" or "in order to" here?
Just a guess, but I bet you believe in order to righteousness, and not because of righteousness, and that you confess in order to be saved, and not because you are saved.
There are other instances in which this word is used, and in every single time its used, it means that repentance, confession or baptism is unto the remission of sins, or in order to receive the remission of sins.

You never heard anyone say that you were to repent because you have been saved. You repent in order to be saved.
Baptism and repentance are for the same purpose, and both are in order to be saved.
Can you be saved without repenting? Nope. And neither can you be saved without baptism. One cannot be saved without baptism, for both repentance and baptism are "for the remission of sins."

Sorry. You speak a lie.
Baptism of the Holy Spirit occurred only twice in the last 2000 years . In Acts 1 and Acts10. Both times were prophesied and for a purpose that God intended. Both times the administrator of that baptism was the Holy Spirit. Both times that" baptism" was actually power given to perform the miraculous .To speak different languages (for a purpose) heal, etc.
What miracle could you perform after you were baptized by the HS? ( I'll refrain form poking fun but, what an opportunity to chide,)

The only baptism that one can administer to another is water baptism. That is the "one baptism" Paul speaks of in Ephesians 4. That is what washed away Saul's sins you failed to address.

No you weren't .
Notice Acts 2..When the church was established in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost . After obedience the 3000 were added
"to the church" that the saved are added (Acts 2:47). There are no saved out of the church; there can be none. For everyone who is "saved" is "added" to the church by the same one who saves him - God.
What this text is teaching, is this: Under the teaching and direction of the Holy Spirit of God, men have been baptized into Jesus Christ. As a result of their having been baptized, the blood of Christ has washed away their sins and Jesus has added them to his church​

"eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." Eph.4

1. Nature - Deity
2. Substance - Spirit
3. Character - Holy
4. Purpose - Salvation
5. Work - Gospel

Sorry. You speak a lie.

No you weren't .

1. Nature - Deity
2. Substance - Spirit
3. Character - Holy
4. Purpose - Salvation
5. Work - Gospel
What was John's baptism?
Who did he baptize?
How many sins did Jesus leave in the water?
What did John say when his Lord and his God appeared to be baptized, in water?

BrownFlush

What was John's baptism?
Who did he baptize?
How many sins did Jesus leave in the water?
What did John say when his Lord and his God appeared to be baptized, in water?
You make no comment to me destroying your "because of "comment???
You have a lot of questions but no answers from the Bible.
Oh well. I'm used to you just continually asking questions. It's how one learns the truth.

Going to hit the rack now FlorMan..I'll answer every question you have posted tomorrow.
Maybe by then you might lean a little toward learning and discussing the answers given to your flow of questions instead of spinning for some great question that the Bible can't answer. Quit looking for a "gotcha" from you to me and let the Bible speak for itself.

floridays

And Jesus said

Luke 23:43 Context​

40But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? 41And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. 42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

and

BrownFlush

added
He's just hangin out on a cross, we've got to get you down and dip you in the water before His word is true, Then you'll be good to go......

floridays

So...baptism by the HS means/is you get placed in the Body of Christ the instant you believe?
Man oh man if we just had a verse. You know, where God said this was true. If only.....

1 Corinthians 12:13 Context​

10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

floridays

Galatians 3:6 Context​

3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

floridays

You make no comment to me destroying your "because of "comment???
You have a lot of questions but no answers from the Bible.
Oh well. I'm used to you just continually asking questions. It's how one learns the truth.

Going to hit the rack now FlorMan..I'll answer every question you have posted tomorrow.
Maybe by then you might lean a little toward learning and discussing the answers given to your flow of questions instead of spinning for some great question that the Bible can't answer. Quit looking for a "gotcha" from you to me and let the Bible speak for itself.
I'm not looking for a "gotcha", I'm trying to get a light to come on in you.

I posted scripture, Ephesians 4:5, one baptism. I ask about the baptism of John, he baptized our Saviour, sinless, no sins to be washed away, John's baptism was water.

Ephesians 4:5 states, ... one baptism, obviously John's wasn't it, Jesus was baptized, sinless, no sins to be washed. Multitudes were baptized by John, in water yet there was no sacrifice, no blood shed, how can that baptism wash sins away? Remember, there is one baptism.... Ephesians 4;5

I'm not so sure you love the gift of the Lord Jesus dying in your place, I frankly think you take pride in your "obedience."

You live and die with your "obedience", I prefer to die covered by the blood of Christ, only. I don't need my involvement in any affirmative act to add to God's shed blood, The blood shed for me is sufficient for me.