“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

Integrity

Binge Poster
Quite frankly, I think you both are missing the mark.
I'm not saying neither of you has not been redeemed, I'm saying each is pushing on particular aspect and in so doing is obscuring the finished work of God (Jesus) on the cross.

The finished work of my Saviour is sufficient for me, I have no ritual to add, God knows ones heart without water baptism, and God is called a consuming fire as well. If you two can figure that out, so be it.

God cannot save because he loves his creation, and water baptism does not wash away sin.
Thank you for your point of view.

16 Bible verses about God's Love In Christ

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
For, equals because of the remission of sins

For does not equal, to remit sins.
Before I answer the pending questions you have
thrown out , I think a response from you is in order to my comments to the previous questions. Since time was taken to give you a response, you owe a response to what I said.
You posted “For , equals “because of “the remission of sins.With nothing to prove your statement...
I posted this
So Peter told them to repent and be baptized BECAUSE they had their sins forgiven?
The New Testament was originally written in the Greek language, so certain words, that we question, we have go back to the original language. You can study the usage of the same word in other passages of the New Testament, or you can look in a Greek lexicon for the meaning.
"for." Does "for" mean "because of" or does it mean "in order to?" If "for" means "because of," then it means that we are to be baptized because we have been saved. If "for" means, "in order to," then it means that we are to be baptized in order to be saved

"Men and Brethren, what shall we do?' "And Peter said unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ into the remission of your sins; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38, A.S.V.). "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" (K.J.V.).
The New Testament was originally written in the Greek language, so to know for certain what the apostles or Christ meant when they used certain words, sometimes we have to go back to the original language itself. You can study the usage of the same word in other passages of the New Testament, or you can look in a Greek lexicon for the meaning.

"for." Does "for" mean "because of" or does it mean "in order to?" If "for" means "because of," then it means that we are to be baptized because we have been saved. If "for" means, "in order to," then it means that we are to be baptized in order to be saved. There is no other alternative.

The English word "for" in this passage comes from a Greek preposition," eis." Every scholar , all of them, say that "eis" never looks backward but, always forward; that is, it is never rendered "because of" or on "account of" in all the New Testament, and it never had that meaning in any New Testament passage-not one"
I have quotations of this passage, Acts 2:38, from twenty-eight separate translations, and not one of them renders the expression "for the remission of sins" as "because of the remission of sins," or "on account of the remission of sins.
There is no reputable Greek scholar that renders eis "because of" or "on account of."
There are words in the Greek language that mean "because of," or "on account," but the one used in Acts 2:38, eis, always means "in order to, or unto."
So then, Peter was telling these Jews to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ in order to receive the remission of sins.

In Rom. 10:10, when Paul said, "for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation," Paul states that man "believes unto righteousness," and "confesses unto salvation." The same preposition translated "for" in Acts 2:38 is here used. Does it mean "because of" or "in order to" here?
Just a guess, but I bet you believe in order to righteousness, and not because of righteousness, and that you confess in order to be saved, and not because you are saved.
There are other instances in which this word is used, and in every single time its used, it means that repentance, confession or baptism is unto the remission of sins, or in order to receive the remission of sins.

Think about it, whatever repentance is for, baptism is for in Acts 2:38
You never heard anyone say that you were to repent because you have been saved. You repent in order to be saved.
Baptism and repentance are for the same purpose, and both are in order to be saved.
Can you be saved without repenting? Nope. And neither can you be saved without baptism. One cannot be saved without baptism, for both repentance and baptism are "for the remission of sins.”

For the sake of discussion and to avoid confusing anyone, let’s discuss and finish one question at a time. It is also a huge waste of everyone’s time if nothing is decided.
So... what is your response to this? Do you have anything to offer that would counter what I said ?
Is “for “ “ because of “ or Is “for “ “for”?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
@Integrity
"Am I your enemy because I tell you the truth?-- Paul Galatians 4:15
Yep.

@Integrity
And he called the people to him and said to them, “Hear and understand: it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.” Then the disciples came and said to him, “Do you know that the Pharisees were OFFENDED when they heard this saying?”He answered, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.” --Jesus Matthew 15: 10-14
Yep.

Integrity

Binge Poster
May we never forget that the real healing of the spirit comes from within, from the close loving contact or your spirit with God’s spirit. Keep in close communion with God’s spirit day by day.