“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

You have been sending love all around in a lot of ways, thought you would like to be clear on it.
I "loved" this comment you made in a response to a previous comment I made lol​
Didn’t read what you had to say but I will continue to pray for you with love in my heart.
The kind of love you have expressed in this thread is a love that God rejects. I'll pass on the "love" you've been rambling about. lol
We use the word "love" in the English language every which way and it can be used to represent everything from fornication to the deepest love of God. Our language uses only one word to express all types of "love"

The Greeks had basically three words that we translate as "love." They are "eros" which stands for carnal love, "phileo" which represents love between a man and his fellow man, and "agape" which is a sacrificial and self-giving love.
"Eros" is an emotion rather than a responsible dedication. "Eros" classifies the sins of fornication and adultery.
This type of love can sometimes be present in a young person toward the opposite sex and is sometimes termed as infatuation. In reality, "eros" is a love for oneself and for what he desires.

"Phileo" is outward love which shows service to our fellowman. It "is never used in a command to men to love God" Paul says, "If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed" (1 Corinthians 16:22). This shows a necessity of serving Jesus outwardly. "Phileo" is an unselfish love ready to serve.
This type of love is displayed by the Christians' reaction to those who are hungry, thirsty, strangers, naked, sick, and in prison (See Matthew 25). Christ uses "phileo" in John 12: 25 when he states, "He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto eternal life."
We are not to love this life to such an extent that we forget our real purpose for living. For example, we can help our fellowman physically thereby showing our love toward him, but if this takes preeminence and blots out the spiritual aspects in our lives, then we can not expect eternal life. "Phileo" must be kept in the proper perspective.

"Agape" expresses the very nature of God. This word is best described in I John 4:8 ( in your article) when it declares "God is love." This type of love is shown in God's love for His Son in John 17:26; "And I have declared unto them they name, and will declare it; that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may he in them, and I in them." Ephesians 5:1-2 presents Christ's "agape" for His followers; "Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; and walk in love as Christ has also loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savior."
Romans 13:8-10, Ephesians 5:22-25, and many other scriptures emphasize the translation of the word "agape" and in each place, we see a love that sacrifices and a love that gives expecting nothing in return. We see a love produced from a desire to simply please the recipient.
If man would love God in the deepest manner possible, he must do it in the way Christ directs in John 14:15 when He says, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."​
You fail to believe and obey the whole council of God.
By your own admission you lack the love that God requires.

Sweet Dreams.

Integrity

Binge Poster

You have been sending love all around in a lot of ways, thought you would like to be clear on it.
I "loved" this comment you made in a response to a previous comment I made lol​

The kind of love you have expressed in this thread is a love that God rejects. I'll pass on the "love" you've been rambling about. lol
We use the word "love" in the English language every which way and it can be used to represent everything from fornication to the deepest love of God. Our language uses only one word to express all types of "love"

The Greeks had basically three words that we translate as "love." They are "eros" which stands for carnal love, "phileo" which represents love between a man and his fellow man, and "agape" which is a sacrificial and self-giving love.
"Eros" is an emotion rather than a responsible dedication. "Eros" classifies the sins of fornication and adultery.
This type of love can sometimes be present in a young person toward the opposite sex and is sometimes termed as infatuation. In reality, "eros" is a love for oneself and for what he desires.

"Phileo" is outward love which shows service to our fellowman. It "is never used in a command to men to love God" Paul says, "If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed" (1 Corinthians 16:22). This shows a necessity of serving Jesus outwardly. "Phileo" is an unselfish love ready to serve.
This type of love is displayed by the Christians' reaction to those who are hungry, thirsty, strangers, naked, sick, and in prison (See Matthew 25). Christ uses "phileo" in John 12: 25 when he states, "He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto eternal life."
We are not to love this life to such an extent that we forget our real purpose for living. For example, we can help our fellowman physically thereby showing our love toward him, but if this takes preeminence and blots out the spiritual aspects in our lives, then we can not expect eternal life. "Phileo" must be kept in the proper perspective.

"Agape" expresses the very nature of God. This word is best described in I John 4:8 ( in your article) when it declares "God is love." This type of love is shown in God's love for His Son in John 17:26; "And I have declared unto them they name, and will declare it; that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may he in them, and I in them." Ephesians 5:1-2 presents Christ's "agape" for His followers; "Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; and walk in love as Christ has also loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savior."
Romans 13:8-10, Ephesians 5:22-25, and many other scriptures emphasize the translation of the word "agape" and in each place, we see a love that sacrifices and a love that gives expecting nothing in return. We see a love produced from a desire to simply please the recipient.
If man would love God in the deepest manner possible, he must do it in the way Christ directs in John 14:15 when He says, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."​

By your own admission you lack the love that God requires.

Sweet Dreams.
Didn’t read your reply.

I am no longer open to hearing the point of view from someone who I believe is caught up in the sin of pride and who in my opinion thinks he knows all.

But I will continue to pray for you with love in my heart.

BrownFlush

Didn’t read your reply.

I am no longer open to hearing the point of view from someone who I believe is caught up in the sin of pride and who in my opinion thinks he knows all.

But I will continue to pray for you with love in my heart.
You have judged me incorrectly..
I am very proud to speak where the Bible actually speaks and condemn false teaching where the Bible condemns. I know nothing but Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
The humblest walk one can take is submitting to what God wants. .All the glory is God’s., l’m nothing, serving God how He wants is everything.
You remain willfully ignorant and closed minded.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You have judged me incorrectly..
I am very proud to speak where the Bible actually speaks and condemn false teaching where the Bible condemns. I know nothing but Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
The humblest walk one can take is submitting to what God wants. .All the glory is God’s., l’m nothing, serving God how He wants is everything.
You remain willfully ignorant and closed minded.
I will continue to pray for you with love in my heart.

Integrity

Binge Poster
To All,
Pondering God, His love and His desire for the world to receive His salvation through belief in His Son and I got to thinking.

I came to the end of myself through the bottle many years ago, the disease of alcoholism almost had me out when I was able to finally believe the depth of what God did through the life death and resurrection of His Son.

While pondering this question popped into my mind:

Do I think it really matters that I came to believe in Jesus through alcoholism and others came to believe in Jesus through the needle or something else?

I’ll have to think about this question more.

BrownFlush

To All,
Pondering God, His love and His desire for the world to receive His salvation through belief in His Son and I got to thinking.

I came to the end of myself through the bottle many years ago, the disease of alcoholism almost had me out when I was able to finally believe the depth of what God did through the life death and resurrection of His Son.

While pondering this question popped into my mind:

Do I think it really matters that I came to believe in Jesus through alcoholism and others came to believe in Jesus through the needle or something else?

I’ll have to think about this question more.
Everyone gets wake up calls in life. Near death, alcohol, drugs, divorce, sick kids, wealth, etc. It’s what one does with them is what is important.

Jesus never died to save your physical body.
Jesus came to “seek and save the lost “ - Luke 19:10
He came to save your soul from hell and died to establish a spiritual kingdom ( the church) that will last forever.

Integrity

Binge Poster

BrownFlush

How are we saved?

A counter to the false teaching that @Integrity frequently post of Ephesians two verses eight and nine in an effort to prove the doctrine of salvation by faith only. Paul says this about false teachers in the very letter @Integrity keeps quoting "Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them" (Eph. 5: 11).

Again, the only time the expression "faith only" is found in all God's Holy word is in James 2:24 where James says, "You see then how that by works a man is justified and NOT by faith only".
Grace means unmerited favor. No man can work big enough, or hard enough, to earn the bountiful blessings showered upon him day by day by our Heavenly Father. The clothing we wear, the food eat, and the very air we breathe, are all manifestations of God's bountiful grace.But, we cannot conclude that man is completely passive in the application of these blessings. He must breathe the air, eat the food, and wear the clothing if he is to receive any benefit from God's unmerited favor in these matters.

What you could not do for yourself spiritually, the grace of God has abundantly done for you. You could never have supplied for yourself a Saviour. Also, you could have never worked out a plan of salvation for himself that God would have accepted.
Because of the seriousness of sin it was necessary that blood be shed as an atonement. "And without shedding of blood is no remission" (Heb. 9:22). Animal blood would not suffice. 'For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins (Heb.10: 4). "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him" (Rom. 5:8,9). " . . . And the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin" (I Jno. 1:7).
"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things . . .but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot"(I Pet. 1:18,19).
These passages show clearly that God's grace has been extended to us in the provision of the blood of his Son for the remission of our sin.
The text that @Integrity keeps putting out there is God's grace plus man's faith saves. The Ephesians who received this letter were already Christians. They were having trouble with some Jewish converts who were falsely teaching that the law of Moses, ( works of the law that were no longer in effect, nailed to the cross) that one needed to be a Christian plus be circumcised ( a work of the law) to be saved.
@Integrity has drawn a false conclusion from Eph.2:8-10 that is, that salvation is unconditional and anything that a person does toward his own salvation is "working" for it. Nothing could be further from the truth.
You must accept and obey God's spiritual laws in order to receive the spiritual blessings, just as you must breathe the air, eat the food, and wear the clothing to receive physical blessings.
Man's part then is to exercise his faith. "Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth. Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever" (I Pet. 1:22,23). "Why call ye me Lord, Lord and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46). "Not every one that sayeth unto me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven; but he that DOETH (caps mine) the will of my Father which is in heaven" (Mat. 7:21). Man is commanded to: (1) Believe, Jno. 8:24; (2) Repent, Luke 13:3; (3) Confess, Acts 8:37; (4) Be baptized, Acts 2:38; (5) Live godly. Rev. 2:10b.
The apostle Paul warns the disobedient by saying that Jesus will come "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ" (II Thess. 1:7).
We accept God's grace by obeying his commandments through faith.

BrownFlush

"Giving thanks unto the Father which has made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light who hath delivered us from the power of darkness and hath translated us (present)into the kingdom of his dear son." (Colossians 1 :12, 13.)

Paul told the Colosse brethren (Christians) that they had been translated into a kingdom.Jesus is the King ruling over his spiritual kingdom ( the church) right now.
Your OP, the body? If you're in the body, you're in the kingdom , the church.
Christians have been in a kingdom for 2000 years with a King that you say doesn't even exist.

floridays

Quite frankly, I think you both are missing the mark.
I'm not saying neither of you has not been redeemed, I'm saying each is pushing on particular aspect and in so doing is obscuring the finished work of God (Jesus) on the cross.

The finished work of my Saviour is sufficient for me, I have no ritual to add, God knows ones heart without water baptism, and God is called a consuming fire as well. If you two can figure that out, so be it.

God cannot save because he loves his creation, and water baptism does not wash away sin.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
AAE3F18E-B3FE-416F-8C4A-BA4C807B4B49.png

floridays

I noticed your funny Flush.

You add your obedience to the blood of God as what is sufficient, I'll trust God and His lamb.

You set a new law, not so much different than the old law.