1 in 4 women have abortions? Wow.

Thebrownblob

Never said Jesus was troubled by sin although I do believe out of His great love He did have a desire and heart for people not to continue in their personal sin.

It is clear, according to written Judeo-Christian written tradition, he admonished the established religious leaders and teachers of the law on occasion.
Why did he have that desire? And what is sin? Is abortion sin? Is lying sin? Is Fornication sin? Is being disrespectful to parents sin? Just curious how someone would know what sin is and if they should not continue in their personal sin? Do we personally get to decide that or are there guidelines set already?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why did he have that desire? And what is sin? Is abortion sin? Is lying sin? Is Fornication sin? Is being disrespectful to parents sin? Just curious how someone would know what sin is and if they should not continue in their personal sin? Do we personally get to decide that or are there guidelines set already?
Why did he have that desire?
Because of His great love!
And what is sin?
Sin as I understand sin, is “missing the mark” of God’s best for humanity.
Is abortion sin?
The Holy Spirit has convinced me, yes I believe terminating a pregnancy for worldly reasons misses the mark of God’s best for humanity,
Is lying sin?
The Holy Spirit has convinced me, yes I believe lying misses the mark of God’s best for humanity,
Is Fornication sin?
Please define fornication as you see it and I will answer accordingly.
Is being disrespectful to parents sin?
The Holy Spirit has convinced me, yes I believe being disrespectful to parents misses the mark of God’s best for humanity,

Just curious how someone would know what sin is and if they should not continue in their personal sin?
The Holy Spirit of God.
Do we personally get to decide that or are there guidelines set already?
That is between the person and God.

My experience and observation has been that many individuals having never even been exposed to religion or God in any way end up self condemned and turn to God.

My faith and belief this is God drawing them to Himself.

It is so amazing to how God so loves the world.

That is Good News.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

That is Good News.
Say it again and again and again. How about one more time? That will make your blow true!
Jesus did not die so you wouldn't be an alcoholic. Jesus did not die so you would feed hungry children. Jesus did not die to get homeless people off the street. Jesus did not die so you would have a better marriage.
Jesus died because of sin.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Known to others as the inspired Word of God.
That is untrue. I read and have been reading the Bible routinely and regularly since I was 8 years old.

I love the Bible and it has been and is useful in my pursuit to know and experience God.

Must we go here again:

You and I obviously differ as to the theory of biblical inspiration that we believe and put our faith in.

I think we would communicate better if you accepted this.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
That is untrue. I read and have been reading the Bible routinely and regularly since I was 8 years old.

I love the Bible and it has been and is useful in my pursuit to know and experience God.

Must we go here again:

You and I obviously differ as to the theory of biblical inspiration that we believe and put our faith in.

I think we would communicate better if you accepted this.
Whatever you think. Blow on.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Say it again and again and again. How about one more time? That will make your blow true!
Jesus did not die so you wouldn't be an alcoholic. Jesus did not die so you would feed hungry children. Jesus did not die to get homeless people off the street. Jesus did not die so you would have a better marriage.
Jesus died because of sin.
Yes! And is there is no greater love than that!

Good so loves us.

That is a love that inspires me to and in the pursuit of experiencing and knowing God more intimately, deeply and to a closer walk with Jesus.

What inspires you?

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Whatever you think. Blow on.
IMG_5489.jpeg

Thebrownblob

Because of His great love!

Sin as I understand sin, is “missing the mark” of God’s best for humanity.

The Holy Spirit has convinced me, yes I believe terminating a pregnancy for worldly reasons misses the mark of God’s best for humanity,

The Holy Spirit has convinced me, yes I believe lying misses the mark of God’s best for humanity,

Please define fornication as you see it and I will answer accordingly.

The Holy Spirit has convinced me, yes I believe being disrespectful to parents misses the mark of God’s best for humanity,

The Holy Spirit of God.

That is between the person and God.

My experience and observation has been that many individuals having never even been exposed to religion or God in any way end up self condemned and turn to God.

My faith and belief this is God drawing them to Himself.

That is Good News.
Thanks for the answers and it really wasn’t trick questions. I was trying to understand your philosophy and I still don’t.

You got all that just from the Holy Spirit? What if someone else hears the Holy Spirit tell them something else? Is it still the Holy Spirit are we not supposed to test the spirits were feeling and hearing to see if they’re lining up with something?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thanks for the answers and it really wasn’t trick questions. I was trying to understand your philosophy and I still don’t.

You got all that just from the Holy Spirit? What if someone else hears the Holy Spirit tell them something else? Is it still the Holy Spirit are we not supposed to test the spirits were feeling and hearing to see if they’re lining up with something?
Thanks for the answers and it really wasn’t trick questions.
I did not take them as such.
I was trying to understand your philosophy and I still don’t.
All of it?

Anything you do understand?

Didn’t you once say you read Tozer’s “The Pursuit of God”?
You got all that just from the Holy Spirit?
Seeking God’s voice for pretty much 52 years.
What if someone else hears the Holy Spirit tell them something else?
That is a common and good question.
Is it still the Holy Spirit are we not supposed to test the spirits were feeling and hearing to see if they’re lining up with something?
My belief and experience has been when spiritually in doubt I need to draw nearer to the person of Jesus, look to His life and example, exalt Him as high as I am currently able to, remember His love , grace, mercy and Passion for the whole world, for me.

I have found when I do this, as God enables, believe and wait on Him, at times I have clearly heard Him(not audibly) and my spiritual doubts removed.

Thebrownblob

I did not take them as such.

All of it?

Anything you do understand?

Didn’t you once say you read Tozer’s “The Pursuit of God”?

Seeking God’s voice for pretty much 52 years.

That is a common and good question.

My belief and experience has been when spiritually in doubt I need to draw nearer to the person of Jesus, look to His life and example, exalt Him as high as I am currently able to, remember His love , grace, mercy and Passion for the whole world, for me.

I have found when I do this, as God enables, believe and wait on Him, at times I have clearly heard Him(not audibly) and my spiritual doubts removed.
I did, and I have, and I cherish both books as my grandmother gave them to me. But you talk about missing the mark. I’m trying to understand how someone would know what the mark is? It seems in your understanding thev”Mark” is whatever you make it or whatever you’re being told by the “Holy Spirit” . But if God is the same yesterday today and forever, the Holy Spirit isn’t going to tell you something that would miss the Mark.

1711815021786.png

Integrity

Binge Poster
To clati
I did, and I have, and I cherish both books as my grandmother gave them to me. But you talk about missing the mark. I’m trying to understand how someone would know what the mark is? It seems in your understanding thev”Mark” is whatever you make it or whatever you’re being told by the “Holy Spirit” . But if God is the same yesterday today and forever, the Holy Spirit isn’t going to tell you something that would miss the Mark.

View attachment 477448
What are you referencing by changing the m in mark from lower case to upper case?